Jump to content

Celtic and Rangers B Teams in League Two?


falski

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:


You can't disadvantage teams, but I don't see why any club would object to being given a promotion.

Thinking about additional relegations.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

If that's the case, it would make the collaborators:

Caledonian Braves
Cumbernauld Colts
East Kilbride
Gala Fairydean Rovers
Gretna 2008
Open Goal Broomhill
Spartans
Stirling University

Open to being corrected if any of those clubs want to clarify that they actually aren't among the quislings who allowed this, but every club who was in favour should be boycotted.

Worth noting that Berwick and East Stirling don't entirely get a pass here either having voted in favour of the two last season, but at least they're doing the right thing now no matter how late.

So let's tweeting or emailing them, asking them to confirm which way they voted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Also  suspect that the draft plans already exist. It would be helpful for all clubs and leagues to have immediate access to such plans for consideration.

Edited by Dev
.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Dev said:

Thinking about additional relegations.


But I already explicitly said in my post that there would be no prospect of additional relegations at the end of 2022/23 under any realistic proposal anyway. It will either be a simple change to the promotion play-off, which would only come into play for 2023/24 anyway, or an expansion of the SPFL via promotion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another thing I don't get is why are they allowed to play home games at Dumbarton, Whitehill Welfare, Airdrie etc as opposed to Ibrox or Parkhead? I thought the whole point is to prepare them for eventual top level football, not provide a glimpse into their futures as lower league jobbers. It just goes to show thick these LL busy bodies are. They have a trip to Ibrox or Parkhead in front of thousands in their heads when in reality its Dumbarton in front of hundreds.

Also the fact the arsecheek derby is given special treatment and gets moved to the main stadiums is just comical. How about then any time a team draws either in the cup they just lease out Hampden for a "home game"? The LL have shown its that simple eh?

This is the worst run league I've seen anywhere. Jumpers for goalposts shite.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:


But I already explicitly said in my post that there would be no prospect of additional relegations at the end of 2022/23 under any realistic proposal anyway. It will either be a simple change to the promotion play-off, which would only come into play for 2023/24 anyway, or an expansion of the SPFL via promotion.

how does this affect the team you support just asking no malice intended.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Normal expectation on a tied vote is that the status quo prevails. So is story is true the Chair behaved utterly disgracefully 

I hope and expect that some or all LL member clubs put forward an early motion of no confidence in the chairman.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One of the conditions of entry for the gang of 3 is:-     At least 7 players who qualify for Scotland. What happens submit a copy of the players birth certificate with the team sheet???  And who is going to police that condition? and what will the punishment be for any club that break the rule?

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, judge macbrayne said:

how does this affect the team you support just asking no malice intended.


I am posting as someone with a general interest in Scottish football and a long-term interest in the non-leagues and their structure.

In terms of how it would specifically affect Killie, there are a few ways. First of all, I have no interest in us ever playing against B teams in the league, and I think the Old Firm would quite happily have them up to the Championship or at least League 1, which means it's not inconceivable we could be in the same league as them at some point in the next 50 years. It also means that those clubs get to hoard talent, which makes it more difficult for my club to sign good players, and also in my opinion damages the prospects of the national team. Finally, any changes to the SPFL would impact on the financial distribution, which means that most likely my club are going to be impacted negatively in that respect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Caledonian Braves
Cumbernauld Colts
East Kilbride
Gala Fairydean Rovers
Gretna 2008
Open Goal Broomhill
Spartans
Stirling University

As far as I can see not one of them has attempted to justify or explain their vote.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

If that's the case, it would make the collaborators:

Caledonian Braves
Cumbernauld Colts

East Kilbride
Gala Fairydean Rovers
Gretna 2008
Open Goal Broomhill

Spartans
Stirling University

Open to being corrected if any of those clubs want to clarify that they actually aren't among the quislings who allowed this, but every club who was in favour should be boycotted.

Worth noting that Berwick and East Stirling don't entirely get a pass here either having voted in favour of the two last season, but at least they're doing the right thing now no matter how late.

5 clubs with about 100 fans combined.  Standard they'll want to bend over and take the Old Firm length.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Braves "fans" voted for guest teams. Then voted against the 19 team league. Don't appear to have held a vote on the 16 or 19 porposal. Maybe one of their many members can confirm :whistle

They are a club of contradictions.

Image

 

 

images.jpeg.jpg

They've booked a hall for an EGM.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, craigkillie said:


You can't disadvantage teams, but I don't see why any club would object to being given a promotion.

I agree to an extent, nonetheless, I can see clubs in League Two objecting to a change in the structure of their league, especially if it is designed to eventually include Colt sides. As we have seen this week, it doesn't matter if a league under the auspices of the SFA reneges on an arrangement set down to assure clubs that a particular set of circumstances won't come about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I agree to an extent, nonetheless, I can see clubs in League Two objecting to a change in the structure of their league, especially if it is designed to eventually include Colt sides. As we have seen this week, it doesn't matter if a league under the auspices of the SFA reneges on an arrangement set down to assure clubs that a particular set of circumstances won't come about.

Well done to the Stenny Chairman for his statements about the SFA/SPFL  role in admission of three colts teams to the LL and the latest promise about league reconstruction made without any consultation with clubs.

Maybe someone can post a URL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

One of the conditions of entry for the gang of 3 is:-     At least 7 players who qualify for Scotland. What happens submit a copy of the players birth certificate with the team sheet???  And who is going to police that condition? and what will the punishment be for any club that break the rule?

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

And "qualify" doesn't mean they'll choose Scotland. For example, Rangers could easily find a Northern Irish lad who sees himself as Northern Irish and will always play for NI over Scotland, but he'd still be eligible to be counted as one of the 7 who qualify if he just has one Scottish grandparent...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Well done to the Stenny Chairman for his statements about the SFA/SPFL  role in admission of three colts teams to the LL and the latest promise about league reconstruction made without any consultation with clubs.

Maybe someone can post a URL.

This?

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/celtic/spfl-chairman-hits-out-at-bribe-and-backroom-deals-over-colts-teams-as-he-makes-reconstruction-claim-3723752

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I agree to an extent, nonetheless, I can see clubs in League Two objecting to a change in the structure of their league, especially if it is designed to eventually include Colt sides. As we have seen this week, it doesn't matter if a league under the auspices of the SFA reneges on an arrangement set down to assure clubs that a particular set of circumstances won't come about.

The League 2 clubs would have had to have voted any such reconstruction through for it to take place though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The SFA/SPFL  role in this fiasco is looking increasingly grubby and deceptive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...