Celtic and Rangers B Teams in League Two?

falski

11 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

So the indicative vote was in fact indicative of surrender. A travesty of a League where results can count or not count, where a team can finish fourth and be declared champions, a  pyramid where other B teams ( Hibs, Aberdeen, Motherwell, Dundee United, Hamilton, Partick,  Cove, Kelty ?) can have an application accepted  after an "indicative" vote. A sham and a scam.

And two teams could be relegated despite not finishing in the bottom 3. Really, this is dreadful for the lowland league.

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Nothing of the sort will happen. The League One and Two clubs will vote that down and will also vote down any increased relegation/promotion between tiers 4 and 5. The Lowland League have just bought magic beans again so that Doncaster/Maxwell can keep three of their biggest clubs happy for another year.

Think you'd be amazed how easily their opinions can be changed if enough pressure is applied and enough money is offered.

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I can see SPFL League 2 being extended to 16 teams from season 2023/24 to accommodate B teams and open up promotion/relegation with the LL. 

Why would the League Two teams go for that? It’s just combining two things that they don’t want. 

4 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Why would the League Two teams go for that? It’s just combining two things that they don’t want. 

I agree, but I think that there will be increased pressure from the SPFL Premiership Clubs to accommodate "B" teams.  The L2 sides may look at what has happened to the clubs relegated to the LL and HL and recognise the need to create a more open pathway back into the SPFL. 

Posted (edited)

My head always said a functional pyramid was the way forward. My heart tried to warn my head that the b*****ds that run Scottish football and many of the Clubs are not to be trusted any further than you can throw them.

This was inevitable, but still very disappointing.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Utter pish.  The worst thing is seeing all the Old Firm idiots on Twitter proclaiming this to be a brilliant decision.  

People thinking this move will have any bearing whatsoever on the standard of Scottish football are monstrously thick.

I'd love it if the clubs just refused to play them.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

23 minutes ago, edinabear said:

Common sense prevails. Another increase in crowds and sponsorship with Hearts involved.

How on earth can any one respect the integrity  of the pyramid ? Maybe, as has happened before, like minded clubs should set up a breakaway League.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Strollers confirmed to be a great bunch of lads. 

...but maybe not for the same reasons you opposed it. CSS are very much in the bad guys camp where expanding relegation at the bottom of the LL is concerned. If the SFA and SPFL are now seriously exploring whether and how to further open up promotion opportunities into the SPFL the founding clique of former EoS/SoS/youth clubs won't be able to link a lack of progress on that issue to doing nothing where promotion for both the WoS and EoS champions is concermed.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

How on earth can any one respect the integrity  of the pyramid ? Maybe, as has happened before, like minded clubs should set up a breakaway League.

That will never happen. With the SFA now openly backing this then there is zero chance of them ratifying any breakaway league.

Edited by Pyramid Watcher

Posted (edited)

Direction of travel is quite clearly B teams in the SPFL for 23-24... wonder how this particular turd will be sculpted into a tasty-looking burger for the L1/2 sides? They must have some scheme that will push it through.

Edited by cmontheloknow
typo