Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

1 hour ago, Dev said:

Lots of good points. A few more figures:

Home Total total incl c and r %
    excl C and R  c and r of overall total
Cumbernauld Colts 1578 2524 37.4
Vale of Leithen 1448 2157 32.8
Caledonian Braves 1713 2472 30.7
Dalbeattie Star 2431 3329 26.9
Gala Fairydean 2133 2878 25.8
Gretna 2008 2217 2967 25.2
Civil Service Strollers 1383 1813 23.7
Broomhill   1164 1510 22.9
East Stirlingshire 2120 2629 19.3
Edinburgh University 1378 1708 19.3
Spartans   3226 3997 19.2
East Kilbride 2368 2928 19.1
Berwick Rangers 5389 6403 18.8
Bo'ness United 4015 4845 17.1
University of Stirling 1462 1712 14.6
Bonnyrigg Rose 8791 9983 11.9

Totals   42816 25.7  

Here's a stat.

People out with their own support who like them 1%, people who don't 99%.

1 hour ago, Dev said:

Lots of good points. A few more figures:

Home Total total incl c and r %
    excl C and R  c and r of overall total
Cumbernauld Colts 1578 2524 37.4
Vale of Leithen 1448 2157 32.8
Caledonian Braves 1713 2472 30.7
Dalbeattie Star 2431 3329 26.9
Gala Fairydean 2133 2878 25.8
Gretna 2008 2217 2967 25.2
Civil Service Strollers 1383 1813 23.7
Broomhill   1164 1510 22.9
East Stirlingshire 2120 2629 19.3
Edinburgh University 1378 1708 19.3
Spartans   3226 3997 19.2
East Kilbride 2368 2928 19.1
Berwick Rangers 5389 6403 18.8
Bo'ness United 4015 4845 17.1
University of Stirling 1462 1712 14.6
Bonnyrigg Rose 8791 9983 11.9

Totals   42816 25.7  

It should also be remembered that the less supported clubs played the OF Colts when it was international weekend and their big teams were not playing. 

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

3 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

It should also be remembered that the less supported clubs played the OF Colts when it was international weekend and their big teams were not playing. 

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Aye and probably no coincidence in that.

3 hours ago, MAC THE KNIFE said:

UNLIKELY TO B BIGOTRY & THUGGERY EITHER WITH OUT THE GRUESOME TWOSOME

You've never been to Auchinleck and Tranent then... :lol:

Only joking

Tranent are OK. 

11 hours ago, Dev said:

Did an exercise using attendance figures put together by an enthusiast elsewhere on a Lowland League thread. Taking a guesstimated typical average £10 per person cost of entry to a league match. Tried to figure out the gate money income for each Lowland League club this season from playing C and R.

These have been the equivalent of pre-season friendlies but played during the season.

Does not take anything else into account e.g. costs and other types of turnover e.g. pies, beer sales, prog sales etc..

Extra Gate Income if £10 / person
    £
Bonnyrigg Rose 11,920
Berwick Rangers 10,140
Cumbernauld Colts 9,460
Dalbeattie Star 8,980
Bo'ness United 8,300
Spartans   7,710
Caledonian Braves 7,590
Gretna 2008 7,500
Gala Fairydean 7,450
Vale of Leithen 7,090
East Kilbride 5,600
East Stirlingshire 5,090
Civil Service Strollers 4,300
Broomhill   3,460
Edinburgh University 3,300
University of Stirling 2,500

Total Extra Turnover: 110,390

Bonnyrigg's admission prices were £7/£4, with a significant proportion at the concession price. As others have noted season tickets were also valid for games against B teams. Indeed Bonnyrigg's opening home game v Celtic B was limited to 250 fans because of Covid and there were no catering facilities available. Ticket sales were limited to ST holders.

The LL chairman Thomas Brown stated on a podcast the the B teams had brought in £135,000 in revenue through the gates.  The bulk of that would have gone to Rangers as a result of 9,000 in attendance for their game at Ibrox v Celtic B.  That game would have paid Rangers' entry fee several times over.

161 pages in this thread, and whilst there are lots of good strong opinions it's really just a sideshow, a diversion from the gruesome reality of playing in this crappy league.

Every club in this league should be shaking the tree to demand a better chance of a glimmer of hope of going up - top 4 finish should get some sort of play off place - and that can only happen if every club embraces increased movement at the bottom too. 

With Bonnyrigg opening a big gap at the top and VoL getting pumped every week at the bottom, the season was all over for most clubs before the end of September. What a sad and pathetic state of affairs - reduced to pretending that finishing in the top 6 was important in order to qualify for another feeble cup competition! Jeez. 

36 minutes ago, Redcar said:

161 pages in this thread, and whilst there are lots of good strong opinions it's really just a sideshow, a diversion from the gruesome reality of playing in this crappy league.

Every club in this league should be shaking the tree to demand a better chance of a glimmer of hope of going up - top 4 finish should get some sort of play off place - and that can only happen if every club embraces increased movement at the bottom too. 

With Bonnyrigg opening a big gap at the top and VoL getting pumped every week at the bottom, the season was all over for most clubs before the end of September. What a sad and pathetic state of affairs - reduced to pretending that finishing in the top 6 was important in order to qualify for another feeble cup competition! Jeez. 

What do you think they have been doing for the last 3/4 years? The SPFL member clubs won’t vote for it, that’s a fact.

If/when Tier 5 gets a full promotion spot, let alone anything extra. It's not going to be used to give 6 other clubs a promotion opportunity to keep them interested.

It's a mental shift with bigger leagues but the SCC, League Cup, EoS Qualifying/Southern Counties are actually valued for ending a season on a high and the chance to actually win something.

On 15/05/2022 at 14:16, Pyramid Watcher said:

What do you think they have been doing for the last 3/4 years? The SPFL member clubs won’t vote for it, that’s a fact.

They're even less likely to vote for it now that the OF's "one-off" experiment has been extended (even Stevie Wonder could see that coming).  The Colts being promoted will come to pass. The LL clubs can just suck it up and look forward to other colts sides being "invited" in. They deserve no sympathy.

36 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

They're even less likely to vote for it now that the OF's "one-off" experiment has been extended (even Stevie Wonder could see that coming).  The Colts being promoted will come to pass. The LL clubs can just suck it up and look forward to other colts sides being "invited" in. They deserve no sympathy.

There is literally no chance of them being promoted, it would take a seismic shift in the rules of the SPFL to allow it to happen.

There is literally no chance of them being promoted, it would take a seismic shift in the rules of the SPFL to allow it to happen.
I'm willing to give you any odds you want that the colts will be in League Two within five seasons.

11 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:
1 hour ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

I'm willing to give you any odds you want that the colts will be in League Two within five seasons.

I’ll have a pound at 10million to one thanks. 😀😀

If you get more Premiership sides wanting part of it, the League 2 clubs are eminently bribable. I'd say 2-3 years rather 5.

20 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

Have always said that if that comes to pass i would not be going to follow my team in the Scottish League, if they sell out would go to watch junior or Highland League providing they have not sold out as well. No way should teams be allowed to have more than one team in the actual league system.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

If you get more Premiership sides wanting part of it, the League 2 clubs are eminently bribable. I'd say 2-3 years rather 5.

The OF have offered hundreds of thousands and forgoing prize money to get into the SPFL as part of trials, SPFL3 and other proposals. That does not seem eminently bribable to me.

On 12/04/2022 at 18:30, Marten said:

And btw, I've played non-league in The Netherlands, until I had to retire as my knee gave up...

Ah, Skyrim.

16 minutes ago, rockson said:

I doubt their supporters are, though.

There seems to be a massive difference in mindset between supporters and people directly involved in the business, from players to the top blazers, who nearly all seem to be in favour. This is just my impression from podcasts, general media interviews etc.

Edited by welshbairn