Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

11 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

They "recognised something was wrong" at the point where they had just reached the World Cup final, and "made moves to fix it" which led to them failing miserably for three tournaments running.

The nadir of the Netherlands national team - matching their best ever performance in a World Cup and then subsequently failing miserably to reach that point again.

On 08/04/2022 at 12:57, Che Dail said:

The current Netherlands squad features 15 players with B team experience (in the not too distant past):

Flekken, Drommel, de Light (he's good!), Teze, Timber, Wijndal, Til, Klaasen, Koopmeiners, de Jong, Bergwijn (a star?), Danjuma, Lang, Malen, Gakpo.

400 appearances between them in B-Teams

The current Spain squad has 18 players with 750 B team appearances between them (not including David Silva, retired - 14 times for Valencia B - he's brilliant!).  

Portugal:  18 players, 611 B-Team appearances

Germany: 17 players, 341 B-Team apps

Croatia: 6 players, 81 B-Team apps

Ukraine: 12 players, 298 apps

Czech Republic: (quite recent, B teams parachuted in at Tier3) 3 players, 107 apps

I've not done France yet, but it's a lot too 👍

Luddites! 😅

The numbers show that league systems with B Teams are no better at bringing quality players through than those that don't. Cherry picking a few examples doesn't change that. 

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

Hope Hearts apply to join as it should absolutely snooker the LL as they’ll have 2 slots and 3 clubs applying.  Can hardly accept the Old Firm Colts and then not let Hearts in, Hearts will make themselves heard and probably threaten legal action (see Covid league finish) Whole thing is an absolute disgrace the 2 slots should go to tier 6 clubs. It’s disappointing although not surprising to see the LL have the same closed shop mentality the SPFL have. Get the Colts into the sea and open up proper promotion for tier 4-6, all Champions promoted, no playoffs for the bottom team.   

5 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Hahaha hearts going to f**k them for restriction of trade if they only let the arse cheeks in. Will be sure to grab the popcorn and see how the diddy league goes. Seems that plus the alternative proposals will hurt the LL in more than just the massive ego. 

Alternative proposals !!! Care to share?

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

7 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Hahaha hearts going to f**k them for restriction of trade if they only let the arse cheeks in...

Sounds like something Ann Budge might actually do. Hope that's for real and not just a rumour. Ditto on the care to share on the alternative proposals bit.

Hearts would be breaching the SFA rules by taking legal action against any SFA-affiliated organisation without first going through SFA arbitration. They made an arse of themselves on a very public scale in the Court of Session less than two years ago so I doubt they'll be repeating that any time soon.

That's even before you consider the fact that they very obviously wouldn't have any case. The Lowland League is not obligated to let anyone into the league apart from relegated Lowland SPFL sides and the winners of the Tier 6 play-off. If they choose to let in guest teams then the identity of those teams is entirely their choice.

Vaguely remember Ann Budge and Hearts opposing a move at an SFA AGM to end junior superleague and SJC winner participation in the Scottish Cup, so not sure her distaste for smaller clubs extends beyond the lower division subsidy junkies. I'll wait to hear an expert legal opinion before assuming anything about the applicability of restraint of trade in this context rather than listening to the bar room lawyer types on here who were convinced the Tay bridge boundary was relevant in contexts where it wasn't even in the rulebook. Guest teams getting parachuted in for a single season is not something normal in a league structure that is supposed to revolve around the principle of progression and it has implications on the ability of the SPFL to run a reserve league that meets the needs of clubs like Hearts.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Guest teams getting parachuted in for a single season is not something normal in a league structure that is supposed to revolve around the principle of progression and it has implications on the ability of the SPFL to run a reserve league that meets the needs of clubs like Hearts.

A reserve or B-Team league out with the actual league structure is what should be set up for clubs that want to give players games. No need for any age limit so young & older players could be involved to teach youngsters the tricks. Something like the old reserve league which teams turned their noses up at. 

You don't need to be a lawyer to know that:

a) It is against SFA rules for one member to take legal action against another member without going through the SFA arbritration process.

b) A football club not being allowed into a league is not a restriction of trade. Otherwise Ardeer Thistle could sue the SPFL for restriction of trade for not letting them into the Premiership.

c) The SPFL, Lowland League or anyone else has no legal requirement to provide a structure for Hearts to field a B team in.

Therefore, despite the usual attempts to obfuscate and introduce irrelevant aspects into the conversation, there is literally no merit in LongTimeLurker's post.

Edited by craigkillie

...and d) Tayport cannot possibly play in a Highland League feeder because I can create a graphic with a line across it and post it on here. Look at me amn't I so clever I know more about the SFA constitution than Rod Petrie does.

Wouldn't be surprised if a few weeks down the road I find out the real reason for antipathy towards Ann Budge on here is that she was part of Better Together or something.

As I said, adding a completely irrelevant point (and one I've certainly never made) in an attempt to derail the discussion, because you have no actual means of disagreeing with the very obvious facts laid out to you.

Now that you've adding in an unwarranted political reference it's pretty much a full house for you now so there's probably nowhere else to go.

The difference is that I don't claim to be an expert on what represents a restraint of trade, which is why I'll wait until somebody who actually knows what they are talking about weighs in on the matter. You have been comically wrong on here in the past but don't appear to have learned any humility.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

...and d) Tayport cannot possibly play in a Highland League feeder because I can create a graphic with a line across it and post it on here. Look at me amn't I so clever I know more about the SFA constitution than Rod Petrie does.

You alright pal?