Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

6 hours ago, Dev said:

Berwick Rangers have expressed interest in having a team in the EoS. Presumably bringing their Colts through. This may have been on Twitter within the last year. Not able to be more precise than that.

However, weren't Edinburgh City B rejected last summer by the EoS?

Edinburgh City were meant to have fallen on the membership criteria more than anything. Which isn't surprising since the 1st team had to pivot to using Ainslie Park.

I haven't seen anything about Berwick Rangers adding a team. They don't even have a Development team at the minute and would be competing against Tweedmouth. Even in the recent past while in the National leagues their reserves struggled to get out of the EoS First Division.

12 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

The old firm B teams in the LL has been an abject failure.......,it hasnt raised the profile of the league nor boosted crowds to any great degree.....

Yeah at the end of the season they'll both bum it up but let's not get kidded on here,its been a hutch of pish.

Attendance wise they'll claim success. More so from the Rangers side of things trumpeting the blue pound.

Both have regularly fell short of the 500 minimum that was in the proposal.

1 hour ago, Whitburn Vale said:

The old firm B teams in the LL has been an abject failure.......,it hasnt raised the profile of the league nor boosted crowds to any great degree.....

Yeah at the end of the season they'll both bum it up but let's not get kidded on here,its been a hutch of pish.

I would argue your point about the profile of the league, it’s certainly been talked about a lot more, good and bad.

6 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

I would argue your point about the profile of the league, it’s certainly been talked about a lot more, good and bad.

Only by folk who were already aware of it, and just to laugh, unfortunately.

17 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Not outwith the OF fans bubble from what i've seen. Press coverage is the same, no sponsors have been brought in.

I suppose it’s down to individual perception, but I’ve certainly talked about it a lot more on my travels round various grounds. We also now have Hearts and Hibs talking about it, so in some respects it is getting noticed, for both good and bad reasons.

2 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

I suppose it’s down to individual perception, but I’ve certainly talked about it a lot more on my travels round various grounds. We also now have Hearts and Hibs talking about it, so in some respects it is getting noticed, for both good and bad reasons.

Hearts and Hibs aren't talking about it that in anyway raises the profile though. It'd be no different than talking about league reconstruction. The context of both is about youth development with the Lowland thrown in as an aside.

On the 10 year anniversary of Rangers going into administration you've had plenty of people chime in on social media to say they should have started in the Lowland League. A league that didn't even exist in 2012. Being referenced doesn't mean the league's profile has been raised.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Hearts and Hibs aren't talking about it that in anyway raises the profile though. It'd be no different than talking about league reconstruction. The context of both is about youth development with the Lowland thrown in as an aside.

On the 10 year anniversary of Rangers going into administration you've had plenty of people chime in on social media to say they should have started in the Lowland League. A league that didn't even exist in 2012. Being referenced doesn't mean the league's profile has been raised.

Fair points, as I said it’s down to individual perception, unfortunately there are no real metrics to measure anything against with regards to this.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

They aren't being kicked out if it's a one season deal. There needs to be another proposal put forward and voted on.

The semantics don't matter on this, so your post is an absurd waste of time. Hopefully, @bravehearts dad can clarify whether he has heard for sure that they are not getting back in next season.

46 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Fair points, as I said it’s down to individual perception, unfortunately there are no real metrics to measure anything against with regards to this.

Just wait for all the hype around the two OFB derbies that will no doubt be played at Ibrox and Parkhead. That's when all of this is likely to peak.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Just wait for all the hype around the two OFB derbies that will no doubt be played at Ibrox and Parkhead. That's when all of this is likely to peak.

Slightly off topic have they got the Glasgow cup as well?

Does that no materialise around springtime? 

6 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Slightly off topic have they got the Glasgow cup as well?

Does that no materialise around springtime? 

Looks to be ongoing.

image.png.2298602b7311d75951046363c928445f.png

Looks like they're busy on the weekend of March 5th and International weekend will cover March 26th. If they're looking to do it within the LL season that'd leave the weekends of March 12/19.