Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

33 minutes ago, boheesian said:

Bigot = A person who is intolerant to other people’s opinions. 
So far three ex-Junior Clubs, Kelty now in Div.2 and could possibly move to Div.1 and possibly a rival for Falkirk. Bonnyrigg LL league leaders and could get promotion this season and Bo’ness sitting mid table and there a few more in the EOSL with the same ambition to progress. 
The door is gradually being pushed open to allow a proper pyramid, embrace it you know it makes sense.

Not that kind of Junior you berk.

Junior as in terms of age.

For the hard of thinking (that's you btw) I was referring to Rangers and Celtic B.

16 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

For the hard of thinking (that's you btw) I was referring to Rangers and Celtic B.

18 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Sorry, your just ignorant.

8 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

He made a relevant comment in response to the overall theme of the thread. I’m reading it as only his opening sentence was a direct response to you. 

Disagree, but he's deleted it now anyway which indicates I might be correct, and I'll leave it there.

Anyway, B Teams OUT of Scottish football. 

33 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Disagree, but he's deleted it now anyway which indicates I might be correct, and I'll leave it there.

🤷🏻‍♂️

Maybe. 

Agree re the B teams. Should have their own stand-alone league.

19 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

🤷🏻‍♂️

Maybe. 

Agree re the B teams. Should have their own stand-alone league.

I realise there has been a lot of COVID concerns around the start of the season that probably impacted decision making. However, it has been a rather poor effort on the part of the SPFL that they couldn't get a reserve league of some standing put together this season.

You can't really blame a lack of interest when you've got Alloa, East Fife, Edinburgh City, Kelty Hearts, and Stirling Albion all competing in the Lowland Development League.

There's got to be more joined up thinking both for the men's first team pyramid and the youth development side of things.

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

You are not correct. I clicked the quote in your box when I meant to click reply to topic. Hence I deleted the post. Don’t be quick to insult people without the facts. 

Edited by boheesian

• 2 weeks later...

And to add, the "massive attendances" these 2 would bring haven't exactly materialised. A few good crowds at the start, but some games were when there was excellent weather and some of the best attended games were before Ibrox/Parkhead were allowed to be full for games so fans were getting their football fix elsewhere. Now neither is the case anymore the attendances dropped off massively as every sensible person knew would happen.

22 hours ago, virginton said:

I see that the Old Firm Colts have incomparably raised the profile of the Lowland League, with this midweek fixtures in the pointless dead space known as 'international football' attracting, err, zero match reports from Scotland's main red top newspaper (unlike Stenny v Albion played in SPFL2 the same night), with only a cursory listing of the results. Still, getting the league table printed out must have been worth the sacrifice!

Also no sign of Premier Sports or anyone else producing a TV deal to cover these joke Colt teams - even when there was literally no top-level football around Europe to broadcast. 

Every gormless LL club representative who fell for this obvious claptrap at the time should fall on their sword. 

1 hour ago, Marten said:

And to add, the "massive attendances" these 2 would bring haven't exactly materialised. A few good crowds at the start, but some games were when there was excellent weather and some of the best attended games were before Ibrox/Parkhead were allowed to be full for games so fans were getting their football fix elsewhere. Now neither is the case anymore the attendances dropped off massively as every sensible person knew would happen.

Who could possibly have predicted this....

apart from everyone who wasn't one of those gormless LL representatives or their cheerleaders/hangers-on, who couldn't drop their knickers fast enough at the hint of being in the same room as someone wearing an OF emblazoned tie?

This can't be right; there was a bot a genuine poster on here not long ago claiming bumper attendances and player advancement!

You'll be telling me next that turning the Challenge Cup into a training contest hasn't been a roaring success either.

7 hours ago, Marten said:

It's almost as if two fanbases based on shameless gloryhunting while waddling between the armchair and the fridge every weekend would not actually be up for seeing their regens getting bodied by Bonnyrigg in person. 

Edited by vikingTON

• 1 month later...

In the updated Pyramid Playoff they've covered all the bases to ensure that the B teams are excluded.

Any team participating in the SHFL and/or in the SLFL, which is a ‘Guest’, ‘colt’, ‘B’
‘second’, ‘reserve’ or like or equivalent team of a Club participating in the SPFL shall
not, under any circumstances,
be eligible to receive the title of SHFL Champion and/or
SLFL Champion or any other title related to its position in either of said Leagues or
qualify for or be eligible for participation in the Pyramid Play-Off Competition at the
end of any such Season. In such circumstances, the next best placed club (which is not
a ‘Guest’, ‘colt’, ‘B’ ‘second’, ‘reserve’ or like or equivalent team of an SPFL Club) shall
be eligible to participate in the Play-Off Tie, subject to Rules III(f), (g) and (k)

9 minutes ago, energyzone said:

It's good that if one of them do win the league then the play off space is not lost to the best-placed legitimate team.

No word if the B teams will continue in the LFL next season though?

It's only meant to be for a single season. The Lowland also got away with it last summer by saying it only had an impact on them since all of Tier 6 null & voided.

That wouldn't be the case this time around. You'll also have potentially 2 clubs in with 2 clubs out through promotion and relegation. Not sure they would want to push through something without wider consultation.