Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

could someone remind me who the 5 good guys were again?
cant be arsed trawling through 100+pages to remind myself
Civil Service
Edinburgh Uni
Dalbeattie
Bo'ness
Bonnyrigg

No idea if Kelty got a vote as the AGM happened after their promotion

2 minutes ago, tazz1903 said:

This just confirms that Scottish football is an absolute FARCE . 

Meh, more just that this league is a farce.

I find it quite funny now tbh, especially on top of the fact that with the current SPFL voting structure imposed by the Old Firm funnily enough, there's no real worry about colts getting any higher any time soon. Hope teams like VoL and Gretna are having a grand time.

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Meh, more just that this league is a farce.

I find it quite funny now tbh, especially on top of the fact that with the current SPFL voting structure imposed by the Old Firm funnily enough, there's no real worry about colts getting any higher any time soon. Hope teams like VoL and Gretna are having a grand time.

Aye mate 👍so true

Celtic was due to play Hearts at U18 on Friday night, but requested that the game be postponed because they couldn't play, B Team, 1st Team and U18 games on successive days.

If they are unable to fulfill any scheduled fixtures then they shouldn't enter those leagues, but as ever the football authorities will do as they are asked.

I spoke to a scout about it at a CAS game this morning. He checked his records and confirmed that Celtic had 40 players registered to play at U18.  

16 hours ago, Jeek said:

Lowland League:

"It'll be worth it for the publicity it'll bring the league"

The publicity it brings the league:

Screenshot_20210815-164121_Google.jpg

But they are so good for the league that they’ve attracted a tv deal and sponsorship by now surely?!

Oh wait.

16 hours ago, Jeek said:

Lowland League:

"It'll be worth it for the publicity it'll bring the league"

The publicity it brings the league:

Screenshot_20210815-164121_Google.jpg

We’ll thank them for their sacrifice when we’re watching hat trick heroes Christopher McKee and Tony Weston light up the world stage for Scotland.

For "Old Firm kids" read 20 year old professional footballers who only have to worry about their hairstyles, tattoos and getting their hole.

If they were spending 35 hours a week working as roofers, plasterers and labouring and then training and playing then their performances could be fairly judged against the Lowland League teams. Until then it's not a fair comparison.

Is this part of a subtle plan by the Scottish League? "You can have a permanent promotion place when your teams are better than Rangers Reserves."

The Scottish League weren't the ones who voted them in - in fact the idea was so unpopular with them that it wasn't even taken to a vote.