Jump to content

Celtic and Rangers B Teams in League Two?


falski

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Impressive by Lowland League standards.

For Spartans headcounts in 2018-19 their league average was 188. In the curtailed 2019-20 their league average was 175 with a high of 411.

Wow. LL ruined their reputation for a couple of hundred punters through the door. 

To think, this is the peak as well, when it’s all fresh and new. Hopefully the bribe was worth it for the clubs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Wow. LL ruined their reputation for a couple of hundred punters through the door. 

To think, this is the peak as well, when it’s all fresh and new. Hopefully the bribe was worth it for the clubs.

This is the thing for all the future trolls bragging over the numbers so far to keep in mind.

It's a 34 game season not 2. It's the middle of summer with more people having free time & groundhopping, their first team haven't started playing competitive games that clash, its Spartans first game of the season. etc.

And going by how some of the ex-Junior teams have travelled it could easily have been matched or exceeded.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What was the skinny with the old firm B game today?
It's showing as postponed on the BBC website. Are they all suffering from covid or something?
Airdrie were at home today ground unavailable. Another reason as to why this charade shouldn't have been allowed.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Paul Kersey said:

What was the skinny with the old firm B game today?

It's showing as postponed on the BBC website. Are they all suffering from covid or something?

For some reason Airdrieonians and Celtic 'B' were down for home games today at the same time. It was only postponed midweek despite knowing the clash was there from the very beginning. Which has led to some conspiracy theories over why.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

For some reason Airdrieonians and Celtic 'B' were down for home games today at the same time. It was only postponed midweek despite knowing the clash was there from the very beginning. Which has led to some conspiracy theories over why.

Celtic should be getting done for this shit.   Get given a home tie when the other team is at home,  you play Sunday.  It’s not bloody difficult.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cheers fellahs, I was aware that Airdrie were at home today as my own team bent them over and humped them dry.

I didn't make the connection to the OF Colts. Like you all say, this is the sort of shit that should have been ironed out weeks ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Celtic should be getting done for this shit.   Get given a home tie when the other team is at home,  you play Sunday.  It’s not bloody difficult.

This is where the conspiracy theories come in. Since on the fixture list they're down for games on a Sunday when there's a clash (Oct2/3, Jan 8/9, Feb 26/27). Which means leaving it there was intentional.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

The arsecheeks colts ripping the pish out of the Lowland League. Who'd have thought it, eh?

Only those that voted against it. The Lowland is complicit in the decision. Even if it was an unintentional clash they've had a month since the fixtures came out to correct it. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 31/07/2021 at 22:42, tamthebam said:

The arsecheeks colts ripping the pish out of the Lowland League. Who'd have thought it, eh?

They will get very little in the way of development this season. There's a reason they want up the structure and they can continue to jog on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, selfassemblyshire said:

Jay Hogarth was on the bench for WATPa against Malmo, does this mean he can no longer play for WATPb?

I've lost all idea of what the rules for them are

Same as ever; we do what we want, and still claim to be hard done by.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, selfassemblyshire said:

Jay Hogarth was on the bench for WATPa against Malmo, does this mean he can no longer play for WATPb?

I've lost all idea of what the rules for them are

It's meant to be 5 first team appearances in the first half of the season, which resets to another 5 first team appearances after the winter transfer window.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...