Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

5 hours ago, Jack Burton said:
17 hours ago, Che Dail said:
On the same basis that other league bodies across Europe prohibit this, No, I wouldn't.

The rules in other European countries governing B teams would have nothing to do with Scotland. Why would you not support B teams in the top flight?

That's not what I said.  I said that on the same basis (i.e. for the same reasons) that the European countries do not support B teams in the top flight, neither would I - and nor should the SFA. 

Why do you ask, do you think they should?  You think Rangers B should be in the same league as the 1st team?  Radical, but I don't think your idea will pass.

That's not what I said.  I said that on the same basis (i.e. for the same reasons) that the European countries do not support B teams in the top flight, neither would I - and nor should the SFA. 
Why do you ask, do you think they should?  You think Rangers B should be in the same league as the 1st team?  Radical, but I don't think your idea will pass.
Yes they should be in the top flight. If Rangers and Celtic are so adamant about having B teams despite all the lower leagues voting against time and again then they should stop trying to interfere with those leagues and instead look to their own.

There was only two examples given as to why B teams in the top flight shouldn't happen and one wouldn't even apply to Scotland.

As for it being an unfair advantage, it would already be an unfair advantage for the biggest clubs to have a second team in the league setup.

53 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

I'd like to see a venn diagram of people who support colt teams & people who believe those pesky wee diddy part times should be playing in regional divisions.

Here you go...

F5TVLEEIKRNN8Q7.jpg?auto=webp&frame=1&fi

The only  possible solution I've read on P&B is the one where the OF piss off into an amazing Atlantic/European/North Sea/Icelandic BIG league, where they might get more £ - leaving their colts to play in the spfl. Would only be possible if the OF never  got relegated back down.  I'll raise the bar up to 5 Scots in every starting line up - agree with the Honest man.

6 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

I'd like to see a venn diagram of people who support colt teams & people who believe those pesky wee diddy part times should be playing in regional divisions.

Everyone knows old firm fans aren't the brightest bunch but their ability to think that it's the likes of Stirling Albion and Elgin City that are holding back Scottish football and that these same clubs hold the key to producing a world beating generation of Scottish talent is really something special.

8 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:

So the proposal out today says no relegation from L2 this season, which means no LL or HL promotion.

It'd be nice with something like this, if they actually bothered to showcase their proposals. Caledonian Braves actually put up the LL proposal. Only to realise it wasn't just members that could see it and pulled it from their website.

Some transparency would be nice.

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Except the OF Colts were accepted into the Lowland League on the basis that they would not impact the SPFL2 Play-off. Which this does. Supposedly.

Oh. The OF are lying c***s and the rats who voted them in were unfortunately deceived by their bullshit.  Still means there’s chances to get promoted IF the spfl clubs also sell themselves out. 

It involves expanding the league. So still promotions from tier 5.
Yes, but at then end of next season, the promoted teams would be the B teams, no matter how they get on. The two seasons after that will see the HL and LL champions go up.

12 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Except the OF Colts were accepted into the Lowland League on the basis that they would not impact the SPFL2 Play-off. Which this does. Supposedly.

You mean the stuff the OF told the Lowland League clubs about this being a one year thing and how it wouldn't affect them in future is in fact complete and utter horseshit?

Who could've seen that coming.

24 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You mean the stuff the OF told the Lowland League clubs about this being a one year thing and how it wouldn't affect them in future is in fact complete and utter horseshit?

Who could've seen that coming.

Good. Get it right up them :) 

In the athletic article an alternative proposal is the following, not sure why this hasn’t been covered in BBC or mainstream media! 

this to me sounds like a no brainer, although is obviously down to how each club implements this.

Strategic club partnerships

Hibernian and Stenhousemuir formed an official club partnership in December and it seems there is a strong appetite to follow their lead.

Establishing formal connections with clubs up and down the pyramid was the most popular option from the ‘menu’ and the scope of such partnerships can include as many project areas as they like, whether that be loaning players, sharing methodology, seconding support staff or even exchanging ideas commercially.

In practice, there would be a three-year commitment lodged with the SPFL but the clubs cannot be in the same league, to protect the integrity of the competition. There will, however, be the opportunity to have a sizeable group of loan players gain experience at the one club as up to five under-21 players could move to the lower-league partner, which is two more than currently allowed.

Each partnership will be provided with a £10,000 “research and evaluation” grant from the SFA. This money is to be used to link with universities in order to evaluate performance indicators within the partnership, while the two clubs will also have to produce one piece of research related to elite player development.

The SFA has tasked itself with raising £100,000 in sponsorship funding from companies that can support the research and hope to have up to 10 pieces of research on areas recognised as needing to improve in Scottish football.

While the lower-league club would receive players on loan free of charge, the paper also states this would allow Premiership sides to reduce the number of professional teams they operate with and save up to £250,000.

There are currently nine clubs who hold Club Academy Scotland (CAS) elite status, which is decided on the level of coaches, staff, facilities and various other measurable outcomes, such as number of first-team graduates and national team players. It is tied to the SFA’s Project Brave, launched in 2017, but the paper states clubs operating a partnership would see their CAS criteria amended to allow them to drop one team.

It also commits to reviewing CAS criteria/Project Brave and the compensation matrix within a year, while also reviewing the SPFL league entry criteria.

One of the key issues it addresses is that one size doesn’t fit all and they say their aim is to “create an environment of innovation and entrepreneurialism”, and to “produce new research to create evidence-based decision-making”, which can lead to trialling pilot schemes.

The feedback from all clubs was laid out and there appear to be more clubs willing to support such a restructure than in previous attempts. But whether that comes to fruition will largely be decided by the talks with the various club chairs.

On 25/06/2021 at 20:56, Dundee Hibernian said:

Don't worry about that, it's the aim if or when the 'Old Firm' f. off elsewhere for their B teams to play in the top tier. 

Christ, we'll no doubt then get an argument that they should be allowed C teams in the league.