Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

It's not exactly a surprise. It's what both clubs do all the time. Some work out and some don't. At least now the Lowland League are get that all important social media plug.
You've also got their 'B' team goalie signing an extension. Talking about playing in the Lowland League next season. Another Englishman signed from Tottenham a couple of years ago.
https://www.celticfc.com/news/2021/june/Hoops-stopper-Tobi-Oluwayemi-signs-new-deal-with-Celtic/
"At least now the Lowland League are get that all important social media plug."
I'm sure we are, I think; maybe....eh?

Wee update from yesterday's Hampden battle of the national sides which have benefitted from having colt/b-sides in their systems.

Czech Republic 1 (zero ex colts in their starting side) Croatia 1 (3 ex cots in their side, totalling  a massive 14 games between them at b level).

Dominik Livaković 1 game
Josip Brekalo 9 games
Joško Gvardiol 4 games

I think Billy Gilmour, Nathan Patterson and David Turnbull are showing what you need to do to get to International level and it doesn't include B teams. Kieran Tierney and Andy Robertson before them as well.

So I hear that Celtic B will be playing their home games at Airdrie whilst Rangers B will play their home games at Dumbarton?

Without trying to be funny, I thought it would be the other way about.  Airdrie is quite a "Rangers town" so Rangers playing there would perhaps get footfall through the turnstiles?

It's going to be crowded though with Airdrie, Rangers B and Glasgow Uni all playing at home there...

14 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Sad day to see dumbarton fc bending over and accommodating the full length of the colts in exchange for there pitch being cut by rangers ‘b’ groundsman. Moonster will be burning his season book as we speak.

Thought they had quite a few problems with the pitch last season without doubling it use.

3 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Can't they just use Auchenhowie and Lennoxtown? Fannies

I think it comes down to the LL rule-book.  Apparently clubs need to nominate a fully-enclosed ground for their games.

5 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Can't they just use Auchenhowie and Lennoxtown? Fannies

It was meant to be a ground that was capable of meeting licencing standards. So it's possible neither meet them. Maybe staffing the ground on a match day also comes into it if they're attempting to actually draw a crowd. Since they can tap into the existing infrastructure.

33 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

I think it comes down to the LL rule-book.  Apparently clubs need to nominate a fully-enclosed ground for their games.

It’s the one thing in their rule book that they have stuck to during this B team saga,  threw a few rules out of the window to accommodate  then.

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

Maybe Sky have already got the A list ones.

skysports-premier-league-fixtures_477733

The photographers were at Innerleithen and Gala to do the squad pictures like these yesterday...that's all I'm saying. I don't know if an announcement is imminent.