Jump to content

Celtic and Rangers B Teams in League Two?


falski

Recommended Posts

Plans to introduce Celtic and Rangers B teams into League Two for the start of next season are being finalised for a vote by SPFL clubs. Supporters Direct Scotland have engaged supporters on this topic in the past, but are keen to know whether the opinions of Scottish football supporters has changed.

The survey is open now at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/XLJSRN2

Edited by falski
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Plans to introduce Celtic and Rangers B teams into League Two for the start of next season are being finalised for a vote by SPFL clubs. Supporters Direct Scotland have engaged supporters on this topic in the past, but are keen to know whether the opinions of Scottish football supporters has changed.
The survey is open now at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/XLJSRN2
There's no question about expansion or automatic relegation to HL/LL.

The colts can f**k off if there's no expansion and no automatic relegation.

A 16 team league should have at least 1 going down and 1 into a play-off.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, selfassemblyshire said:

There's no question about expansion or automatic relegation to HL/LL.

The colts can f**k off if there's no expansion and no automatic relegation.

A 16 team league should have at least 1 going down and 1 into a play-off.

FTFY (agreed with your last point)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

Aye. I'm only okay with them getting in if it opens up the pyramid.

Was 100% against it but that would be my one compromise

I'd agree with that sentiment too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

Aye. I'm only okay with them getting in if it opens up the pyramid.

Was 100% against it but that wouldnbe my one comprimise

I'm against it whatever. It shouldn't happen, no compromise, never. It's not going to open up the pyramid anyway, because there are already rumours of other premiership B-teams starting in the HL/LL, which would actually p!iss all over the pyramid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

...and nd then you get Hibs,Hearts, Aberdeen all doing the same. It only serves the Old Firm and their own agenda. It's a completely self-serving exercise in how much the old firm actually run the game in this country.
Perpetually blind chairman of first and second division clubs will vote for this for the short-term gain of a few quid. Stuff the lowland league or ex-junior teams & their supporters.
Another thing to consider is that some of these clubs will be forced to pay more for policing when Rangers or Celtic reserves turn up on a weekend or worse a Friday night nullifying any short term profit.
Would be kind of cute though, if this move led to Brechin finally getting cut loose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, sammyreidloyal said:

...and nd then you get Hibs,Hearts, Aberdeen all doing the same. It only serves the Old Firm and their own agenda. It's a completely self-serving exercise in how much the old firm actually run the game in this country.
Perpetually blind chairman of first and second division clubs will vote for this for the short-term gain of a few quid. Stuff the lowland league or ex-junior teams & their supporters.
Another thing to consider is that some of these clubs will be forced to pay more for policing when Rangers or Celtic reserves turn up on a weekend or worse a Friday night nullifying any short term profit.
Would be kind of cute though, if this move led to Brechin finally getting cut loose.

Spot on. No doubt some Lowland and Highland chairmen will be bought off with the promise of two places for each league in the bottom tier - some because they think they'll be one of the two and others because they think it will give them a better chance in the future of getting into the league. Not even sure it will make that much difference to crowds as they don't exactly flock through the gates for the Colts' cup games

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Stewie Griffin said:

Spot on. No doubt some Lowland and Highland chairmen will be bought off with the promise of two places for each league in the bottom tier - some because they think they'll be one of the two and others because they think it will give them a better chance in the future of getting into the league. Not even sure it will make that much difference to crowds as they don't exactly flock through the gates for the Colts' cup games

The Lowland and Highland chairmen don't have a vote on what the SPFL do, so don't need bought off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm actually for Colts teams joining but at what level I'm unsure.

It should not happen until the most important thing is is sorted which is a stable, standard relegation and promotion should be happening to and from the SPFL 2 to the Highland and Lowland Leagues.   The standard below, certainly in the Lowland league, and I believe but don't see the highland league games,  is way to high now, with Cove and Edinburgh City showing from last year finishing first and second of the SPFL 2 and the usual suspects at the bottom of the SPFL2.  I definitely believe that there should be at least one automatic relegation from spfl2 and a relegation play off game as well for the 2nd bottom.

Should the Colts teams, whatever level they enter, be relegated if they finish bottom, hell yeah, of course.

for the sake of Scottish football as there is a huge knock on effect, relegation/promotion from the SPFL 2 should be sorted before Colts teams are allowed in.  if teams of the SPFL 2 are bought to allow this to happen then the blazers of SFA and SPFL should hold their heads in shame at allowing this to happen

spfl2 - 2019.20.PNG

highland league.PNG

lowland league latest.PNG

spfl2.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I'm actually for Colts teams joining

I stopped reading at this point.

Edited by Marten
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

D79F82F2-754A-4DDD-AFAF-B81415C8CC35.thumb.jpeg.9ef5bbdb8905c77ef4e586b06d0c84f5.jpeg

The last sentence suggests the Lowland League supports this proposal??  the proposal with no automatic promotion??

Probably taking the long game approach. 2 up this year. Severely weakens the HL and Club 46 is likely to be a weaker opponent. 

Also cuts them back down to 15 keeping bottom clubs in the LL from relegation at least another year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Probably taking the long game approach. 2 up this year. Severely weakens the HL and Club 46 is likely to be a weaker opponent. 
Also cuts them back down to 15 keeping bottom clubs in the LL from relegation at least another year. 
I would imagine that we woukd take up an elected champion for eos and wos and pay 17 again.

Not sure if Stranraer reserves could cone up, if they coud then go for 18!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, selfassemblyshire said:

I would imagine that we woukd take up an elected champion for eos and wos and pay 17 again.

Not sure if Stranraer reserves could cone up, if they coud then go for 18!

West of Scotland have null and voided already. The only game in town is likely to be the EoS Champion if this happens.

Still don't believe this will happen as quite rightly the lower league fans are against Colt teams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, A Believer said:

Surely if it means getting teams from SLFL and SHFL into a new expanded SPFL2 it's worth agreeing to Colts joining it too; if it gets it passed?

As soon as you let in two, you let in the rest. For the 4 teams that move into the SPFL don't be surprised if you start hearing about some of the others full-time SPFL look to replace them. Especially in the Highland League. ICT have already tried to get in. Aberdeen and Ross County wouldn't be a surprise to see make the same attempt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...