Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

1 hour ago, Highland ITFC said:

...or, the pro-B teamers may argue to look at the amazing effect that one season of them in the LL has had on the Scotland national team 😉

Aye I recognised all the LL faces in Stevie Clarke’s line up good to see 😀

Players like McGinn and McTominay stepping up their game at the thought of being replaced by Celtgers' latest Eastern European signing from EFL 1.

5 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye I recognised all the LL faces in Stevie Clarke’s line up good to see 😀

Aye, but all the players have to keep on their toes and stay hungry for their spots or else they will be snapped up by all the colts players, naturally.

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Another school kid getting cherry picked once old enough to sign elsewhere. Maybe the problem with 18-21 is that it's the leftovers not good enough for the 1st team or wanted by bigger clubs.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-leeds-united-try-to-hijack-aston-villa-deal-for-aidan-borland/

Remember though that back in the 70's and 80's, virtually every English team in their league had 2 - 4 Scots who went down there as 16 year olds. This is nothing new.

What's new is the bigger Scottish clubs hoarding stupid amounts of boys, Scottish and otherwise, who have precisely zero chance of getting into their first teams, and should be away on loan elsewhere or more realistically, released and contracted to other clubs at an appropriate level.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Remember though that back in the 70's and 80's, virtually every English team in their league had 2 - 4 Scots who went down there as 16 year olds. This is nothing new.

What's new is the bigger Scottish clubs hoarding stupid amounts of boys, Scottish and otherwise, who have precisely zero chance of getting into their first teams, and should be away on loan elsewhere or more realistically, released and contracted to other clubs at an appropriate level.

Celtgers: the Nestle of Scottish football.

8 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Who's to say the pro-youth model isn't a better model than what's in place 35-50 years ago? 3 foreigner rule being scrapped, bosman, commercial sponsorships/TV rights being far more influential in distorting things.

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If the LL and/or HL refuse to sign off on the pro/rel rule changes that are required then it's almost certainly not happening. No more news means that has probably already been intimated to the SFA.

Unfortunately I think the opposite is happening, I believe there is a LL club meeting a week tomorrow, with the sole purpose of having a vote on the participation of B teams next season. The only reason that they would be voting on that is if the conference is going ahead in 24/25.  Of course my reading of the situation could be completely wrong, but I think it’s still very much on the agenda.

Edited by Pyramid Watcher

29 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Unfortunately I think the opposite is happening, I believe there is a LL club meeting a week tomorrow, with the sole purpose of having a vote on the participation of B teams next season. The only reason that they would be voting on that is if the conference is going ahead in 24/25.  

Well no, 'Conference is just around the corner' (it isn't) would just be another excuse for these gormless clowns to retain their B team bribe. 

Just now, virginton said:

Well no, 'Conference is just around the corner' (it isn't) would just be another excuse for these gormless clowns to retain their B team bribe. 

Yes, but B teams need somewhere to play next season before the conference starts, and my reading is that the LL will give them that platform again next season as part of the deal for the conference.

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Not sure what you are referring to? Permission is given on this one season at a time according to the LL constitution.

I’m pretty sure there was a statement that the was definitely going to be the last season for B teams.

3 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Yes, but B teams need somewhere to play next season before the conference starts, and my reading is that the LL will give them that platform again next season as part of the deal for the conference.

It's not up to the LL whether a conference is created or not, so there's no actual deal to be made. It would just be George Fraser and pals concocting another reason to continue taking their thirty pieces of silver, until their clubs get flushed down the pan. 

4 minutes ago, virginton said:

It's not up to the LL whether a conference is created or not, so there's no actual deal to be made. It would just be George Fraser and pals concocting another reason to continue taking their thirty pieces of silver, until their clubs get flushed down the pan. 

I think they would have a say in it though. You could well be right, as I said it’s only my reading of the situation,  and could be really wide of the mark.

Edited by Pyramid Watcher

43 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

I’m pretty sure there was a statement that the was definitely going to be the last season for B teams.

Not aware of that happening. Think you probably misinterpreted what was happening last season. It has always been only one year at a time.