Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

1 hour ago, mrman2011 said:

In the minority, But i find the proposal of a conference league with 4 B teams exciting and this will help with their development and clubs in local areas in general. Embrace the change & development and let it grow into a fine concept. The young players playing senior football across the B teams will be excellent for the clubs, Scotland and the clubs in the lower leagues.  

How about inviting clubs like Broomhill, Caley Braves, Cumbernauld and other volunteers into the Reserve League?

13 hours ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Cumbernauld, Caley Braves and Podcast FC will be queuing up to get into this circus so there's at least 7

...but if the Club 42 playoff rules can't be modified because the HL and LL won't sign off on the changes they will have moved to a standalone reserve league in the process because the HL and LL champions will still be playing off for the right to play against the bottom placed League 2 club for SPFL participation in the following season.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

2 hours ago, mrman2011 said:

Well they will be playing Senior Football within their teams style and gaining experience while training at their facilities. So if they don't make it at their club. League 2/Conference clubs will have a ready made experienced 21 year old to sign who has 2/3 years experience within Senior Football and will be taught good habits with regards to their development, Its better then the structure at the moment where they might be playing 10 games as opposed to 100. 

Where to begin with this nonsense! Has to be a wind up?

I’ll take this at face value and give you the benefit of the doubt. Please explain what is to be gained by non Scottish youngsters playing against part time players in the 5th tier? I could understand if the B Teams were playing against full time professionals in the 2nd or 3rd tier, in that it might help with hardening them up. However, no self respecting club would voluntarily want this for numerous reasons. There is absolutely NO value to the pyramid with B Teams. 

1 hour ago, CambieBud said:

I’ll take this at face value and give you the benefit of the doubt. Please explain what is to be gained by non Scottish youngsters playing against part time players in the 5th tier? I could understand if the B Teams were playing against full time professionals in the 2nd or 3rd tier, in that it might help with hardening them up. However, no self respecting club would voluntarily want this for numerous reasons. There is absolutely NO value to the pyramid with B Teams. 

They are playing matches that matter Against players where it means more then its each age group or youth. B teams will produce youngsters for other clubs as well and works better in other countries then the flawed loan system. 

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

21-22 year old with a 100 appearances at lower league level. 

Sounds brilliant in a football bubble. What's his job experience like? I'd be more interested to know how he'll manage part time football with a full-time job. 

This is where education will come into it. 

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

How about inviting clubs like Broomhill, Caley Braves, Cumbernauld and other volunteers into the Reserve League?

Are these real teams or vanity projects - largely watched by family members and a few friends?

3 hours ago, CambieBud said:

If everyone on here was fanatically pro B teams,mrman would be against them,he's just a saddo looking to cause a reaction.does exactly the same on the highland league forum.just ignore him

The B team arguement seems to be that it’s good for Scottish football to give the old firm b team players a test against lowland league opposition.

Letting them into the pyramid basicallly demotes ambitous clubs below them.

What gives old firm b team players preference over other proper clubs players around the same level?

Scottish football isn’t built for this and has alot of fantastic smaller clubs who have there own great history.

Please put the b teams in there own b team/reserve league and focus on making the Pyramid the best it can be.

19 hours ago, Sparticus said:

The B team arguement seems to be that it’s good for Scottish football to give the old firm b team players a test against lowland league opposition.

Letting them into the pyramid basicallly demotes ambitous clubs below them.

What gives old firm b team players preference over other proper clubs players around the same level?

Scottish football isn’t built for this and has alot of fantastic smaller clubs who have there own great history.

Please put the b teams in there own b team/reserve league and focus on making the Pyramid the best it can be.

Smaller Clubs who will just sit around the Highland/Lowland level. Ambitious teams will get promoted anyway even if there are a number of B teams involved, So that's a bit of a cop out

I be honest. I want Rangers & Celtic to be more European Powerhouses and B teams is a step (However minor) towards that. I

24 minutes ago, mrman2011 said:

Smaller Clubs who will just sit around the Highland/Lowland level. Ambitious teams will get promoted anyway even if there are a number of B teams involved, So that's a bit of a cop out

I be honest. I want Rangers & Celtic to be more European Powerhouses and B teams is a step (However minor) towards that. I

If that's the case. You might want to get the chequebook out and start buying clubs abroad. Leave the lower leagues alone.

15 hours ago, mrman2011 said:

Rangers and Celtic are never going to be European powerhouses unless they move to the English league.

They are small fish on the Euro stage now.

Using a small bit cash to corrupt the pyramid is horrific

The pyramid and the new lower league are the best thing thats happened to the Scottish leagues in an age.

Much more exciting than the Scottish prem which will forever more be won by one of the old firm.

Mindnumbingly boring and actually a bit upsetting.

And there you look at lowland league table and see Rangers B and Celtic B.

Seriously they should gtf

Edited by Sparticus

4 hours ago, mrman2011 said:

Good luck with that. In European terms clubs from small nations like Scotland are an irrelevance

9 minutes ago, rockson said:

Good luck with that. In European terms clubs from small nations like Scotland are an irrelevance

Scottish clubs are the eighth most successful in European history hardly an irrelevance 

31 minutes ago, hague said:

Scottish clubs are the eighth most successful in European history hardly an irrelevance 

That's still only four trophies ever and none for the last 40 years.

Edited by Autistisches Nilpferd