Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

HOLD ON! I'm I just sleep deprived and going mental here?

Have the LL clubs in this proposal basically voted to split their own league up, dropping it down a tier AND given the thumbs up to a direct rival?

And half of them won't get near an OF Colts team again as they'll get swallowed up by whoever else ends up in the 'new' Lowland League

10 minutes ago, Spyro said:

HOLD ON! I'm I just sleep deprived and going mental here?

Have the LL clubs in this proposal basically voted to split their own league up, dropping it down a tier AND given the thumbs up to a direct rival?

And half of them won't get near an OF Colts team again as they'll get swallowed up by whoever else ends up in the 'new' Lowland League

The way the previous updates had it. The indicative vote was purely on whether or not to extend the guest teams for next season.

All the Conference League or alternate proposals were tabled for a future vote once more information had been provided.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

Fair enough.

If they had their own press releases, like we were promised the first time the Colts were voted in (better media coverage), then everyone would be on the same page. I stead of leaving it to the Daily Record 'journalists' to do for them

If LL & HL refused to provide the proposed six or eight teams to play in this 'Conference', in support of all tier5 to tier10 clubs in this matter... that now four-team division would go the way of the European Super League pretty smartish!

28 minutes ago, Cornishman said:

If LL & HL refused to provide the proposed six or eight teams to play in this 'Conference', in support of all tier5 to tier10 clubs in this matter... that now four-team division would go the way of the European Super League pretty smartish!

Correct.   There's no way the SFA or SPFL could "spin" as Tier 5 a league solely made up of four Colt/B teams who cannot be promoted.  

1 hour ago, Cornishman said:

The problem is that there are always scabs who'll feign solidarity, only to break ranks when offered a tiny advantage over their colleagues.

Scottish football could be a very different environment if Aberdeen hadn't decided they had a chance of being The Other Boot after Rangers died. Wonder if they regret that, or if they're happy with perpetual third (at best) forever.

The Club 42 playoff agreement is a legally binding document. All of the SFA, SPFL, LL and HL need to sign off on any changes to that so if the "Conference" is a separate legal entity from the SPFL nothing is happening on this without LL and HL approval. Today's tweet doesn't conclusively prove it but is still a reasonably strong signal that such an approval from the LL is unlikely to happen.

I felt last year we probably had another 4/5 years left of the Colt shite until the trickle effect of all the LL no hopers being relegated for real teams is fully complete, and unfortunately I stand by that.

As we all know its nothing to do with player development, if a kid is slumming it week in and out in the LL with the B jobbers then they are almost certainly never becoming regulars within the first teams at Celtic and Rangers (Hearts are just useful idiots). Its always about it being a placeholder for fucking off to some other league.

Edited by Benidorm

32 minutes ago, Benidorm said:

I felt last year we probably had another 4/5 years left of the Colt shite until the trickle effect of all the LL no hopers being relegated for real teams is fully complete, and unfortunately I stand by that.

As we all know its nothing to do with player development, if a kid is slumming it week in and out in the LL with the B jobbers then they are almost certainly never becoming regulars within the first teams at Celtic and Rangers (Hearts are just useful idiots). Its always about it being a placeholder for fucking off to some other league.

You could see the likes of East Stirlingshire and Cowdenbeath relegated before some of the no hopers. Just hoping that they eventually decide to increase the number of relegation spots or could it take a decade to level out.

5 hours ago, Benidorm said:

Unfortunately, the SFA have made their position clear, four square behind Celtgers' interests at the expense of all else.

The entire Lowland & Highland Leagues could be against being used for fitness training and the priority would still be finding a way to circumvent their wishes.

On 18/03/2023 at 13:51, Cornishman said:

Cumbernauld, Caley Braves and Podcast FC will be queuing up to get into this circus so there's at least 7

In the minority, But i find the proposal of a conference league with 4 B teams exciting and this will help with their development and clubs in local areas in general. Embrace the change & development and let it grow into a fine concept. The young players playing senior football across the B teams will be excellent for the clubs, Scotland and the clubs in the lower leagues.  

Edited by mrman2011

12 minutes ago, mrman2011 said:

In the minority, But i find the proposal of a conference league with 4 B teams exciting and this will help with their development and clubs in local areas in general. Embrace the change & development and let it grow into a fine concept. The young players playing senior football across the B teams will be excellent for the clubs, Scotland and the clubs in the lower leagues.  

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You're hilarious.

51 minutes ago, mrman2011 said:

How?

11 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

How?

Well they will be playing Senior Football within their teams style and gaining experience while training at their facilities. So if they don't make it at their club. League 2/Conference clubs will have a ready made experienced 21 year old to sign who has 2/3 years experience within Senior Football and will be taught good habits with regards to their development, Its better then the structure at the moment where they might be playing 10 games as opposed to 100.