Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

17 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Also add Bo'ness Athletic and Gartcairn to that list. 

You can even put a case for Drumchapel although they aren't exactly "new". 

All of them have brought more to the Scottish game than CB and postcast. 

Rothie Rovers are smashing it up in the North Juniors. Great setup and good guys who have seamlessly stepped up added something. 

Loch Ness... and the NCL revival. Inver-fking-gordon in the Scottish Cup! 

There loads of new thi gs that have happened recently that have been amazing. CB and Podcast have not been... 

Are you trying to say the CB investing a substantial amount of money in the ground and trying to put down roots in the area is not a positive?? 

2 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Are you trying to say the CB investing a substantial amount of money in the ground and trying to put down roots in the area is not a positive?? 

Yes and I praised them for that at the time. I shouted early on that they should try Bothwellhaugh and was told “no chance”. They’ve actually done a good job with it considering, but their model doesn’t work and other clubs have done more with A LOT less

15 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Caley braves dont have any fans. Broomhill are an abomination. 
Both probably absolutely buzzing at the prospect of B teams because they have no identity of their own. 

Well, like it or not, they were pro-active when it mattered and that's why they are targets for criticism now. D.mn shame that Bankies didn't have the guts to make the same step when the opportunity was there!

12 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Yes and I praised them for that at the time. I shouted early on that they should try Bothwellhaugh and was told “no chance”. They’ve actually done a good job with it considering, but their model doesn’t work and other clubs have done more with A LOT less

That’s the point of my ramblings, they shouldn’t be criticised for trying something. As I said earlier in another post, if it works then great, if it doesn’t then they gave it a go and tried to be innovative.

2 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

That’s the point of my ramblings, they shouldn’t be criticised for trying something. As I said earlier in another post, if it works then great, if it doesn’t then they gave it a go and tried to be innovative.

And FC Cumbernauld Openlegs BSC Alloa Podcast Broomhill AFC?

Edited by Spyro
Extra clarity

24 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

What area?

A top 6 busiest motorway junction in Scotland with a ground behind a chain hotel in a country park.

Public transport? forget it unless you're into rambling the last couple of miles.

There is no local community unless you mean doggers or in the cloud.

1 hour ago, PossilYM said:

What area?

A top 6 busiest motorway junction in Scotland with a ground behind a chain hotel in a country park.

Public transport? forget it unless you're into rambling the last couple of miles.

Having been there a couple of times it's struck me as a very odd place to have a football ground.

As you say, you can't get there unless you drive and there is no housing/community around the area, Bothwell is probably the closest, or Bellshill.

If you're a brand new club wanting to integrate into a community, it would appear to me that you would want to identify with that community (naming) and perhaps build a facility within it.

I'm not sure what the future of Braves is once the owner is no longer there or the French students who fund it dry up.

Edited by Burnieman

1 hour ago, Dev said:

Well, like it or not, they were pro-active when it mattered and that's why they are targets for criticism now. D.mn shame that Bankies didn't have the guts to make the same step when the opportunity was there!

No they are targets for criticism now because they lay down and let the old firm ride them and in turn shafted every one of the 200 clubs below them whilst the whole time engaging in practices to stop progression from below the pyramid with their ridiculous 1 team up from 3 leagues pish. 
We couldnt have made the jump to the LL when it was formed because we didnt have a ground suitable for licensing, Bankies are 250/300 hardcore fans making their club work from nothing, we dont have millionaire deluded egomaniacs on the board making ridiculous decisions which cheapen all of Scottish Football.

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

1 hour ago, PossilYM said:

...There is no local community unless you mean doggers or in the cloud.

The posh end of Bothwell is easy walking distance but seriously doubt they are attracting much of a fanbase from there.

Many of the former inhabitants of Bothwellhaugh wound up in the not so posh end of Bothwell or Bellshill but 60 years on I doubt any of them were waiting for a tier 5 football club as a reason to head back every second Saturday.

Doubt this club lasts more than another 10 years. Once they get relegated the people who are drawn to it now will lose interest.

The smart play for Braves would've been to try & get a ground somewhere in Hamilton or Motherwell as both have been without non-league teams for a long time. Hamilton I think the last team was Burnbank Swifts who folded in the early 60's. At one point during their time under the Edusport moniker they were based out of Hamilton Palace Sports Grounds but nae idea how viable it'd be for developing a ground to entry level standard.

Edited by GNU_Linux

34 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Having been there a couple of times it's struck me as a very odd place to have a football ground.

As you say, you can't get there unless you drive and there is no housing/community around the area, Bothwell is probably the closest, or Bellshill.

If you're a brand new club wanting to integrate into a community, it would appear to me that you would want to identify with that community (naming) and perhaps build a facility within it.

I'm not sure what the future of Braves is once the owner is no longer there or the French students who fund it dry up.

You went back? Once was enough for me.

Considering the likes of Che Dail like to just say how many B-team games players played, let's have a look at the Dutch team (starting 11 & subs) that played in the World Cup QF in which they took the eventual world champions all the way to penalties and where they played in their development.

• Noppert: straight from Heerenveen youth system to senior squad, no B-team games
  • Timber: 2 seasons Ajax B, then first team
  • Van Dijk: straight from Groningen youth system to senior squad, no B-team games
  • Ake: moved to Chelsea at 15, loaned out to Reading, Watford & Bournemouth
  • Gakpo: 2 seasons PSV B, then first team
  • De Roon: straight from Sparta youth system to senior squad, no B-team games
  • Blind: loaned out to FC Groningen, then to Ajax first team
  • Frenkie De Jong: straight from Willem II youth system to first team, only then bought by Ajax and first put in B-team
  • Dumfries: developed in non-league, then turned professional by moving to Sparta
  • Bergwijn: 2 seasons PSV B, then first team
  • Depay: straight from PSV youth system to senior squad, no B-team games
  • Luuk de Jong: straight from De Graafschap youth system to senior squad, no B-team games
  • Berghuis: loaned out to VVV Venlo, then to AZ first team
  • Lang: Ajax B, 2 loans & to Club Bruges first team
  • Weghorst: developed in non-league, then turned professional by moving to Emmen
  • Koopmeiners: 1 season AZ B, then first team

So that makes 6 players going straight from the youth team to the senior team, 4 who went to a B-team first, 3 who developed on loans, 2 coming through non-league and 1 with a combination of B-team & loans. They aren't statistics that anyone can really draw any conclusions from as it's quite a mix. Nobody can tell if those 5 with considerable B-team experience wouldn't have developed without it, like by going out on loan. But 5 out of 16 players is hardly a ringing endorsement of the system either.

2 hours ago, PossilYM said:

What area?

🤣🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, Marten said:

Considering the likes of Che Dail like to just say how many B-team games players played, let's have a look at the Dutch team (starting 11 & subs) that played in the World Cup QF in which they took the eventual world champions all the way to penalties and where they played in their development.

• Noppert: straight from Heerenveen youth system to senior squad, no B-team games
  • Timber: 2 seasons Ajax B, then first team
  • Van Dijk: straight from Groningen youth system to senior squad, no B-team games
  • Ake: moved to Chelsea at 15, loaned out to Reading, Watford & Bournemouth
  • Gakpo: 2 seasons PSV B, then first team
  • De Roon: straight from Sparta youth system to senior squad, no B-team games
  • Blind: loaned out to FC Groningen, then to Ajax first team
  • Frenkie De Jong: straight from Willem II youth system to first team, only then bought by Ajax and first put in B-team
  • Dumfries: developed in non-league, then turned professional by moving to Sparta
  • Bergwijn: 2 seasons PSV B, then first team
  • Depay: straight from PSV youth system to senior squad, no B-team games
  • Luuk de Jong: straight from De Graafschap youth system to senior squad, no B-team games
  • Berghuis: loaned out to VVV Venlo, then to AZ first team
  • Lang: Ajax B, 2 loans & to Club Bruges first team
  • Weghorst: developed in non-league, then turned professional by moving to Emmen
  • Koopmeiners: 1 season AZ B, then first team

So that makes 6 players going straight from the youth team to the senior team, 4 who went to a B-team first, 3 who developed on loans, 2 coming through non-league and 1 with a combination of B-team & loans. They aren't statistics that anyone can really draw any conclusions from as it's quite a mix. Nobody can tell if those 5 with considerable B-team experience wouldn't have developed without it, like by going out on loan. But 5 out of 16 players is hardly a ringing endorsement of the system either.

So no conclusion can be drawn about the effect it has on players' development.

And I recall you saying the effect on the League and competitor clubs was profoundly NEGATIVE.

So in the bin, please.

2 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Which is all great but i'd quite like to see the other end of Wosfl moving up and out to pastures new.

If there's no movement at the top then it's just the old Juniors with add ons.

Couldn't agree more, felt a greenie wasn't enough.

Find the attitude of the LL, know its not all, self defeating at a time when all below Tier 4 should be working together and presenting a unified message to those above to keep the pyramid moving forward.

38 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The posh end of Bothwell is easy walking distance but seriously doubt they are attracting much of a fanbase from there.

Many of the former inhabitants of Bothwellhaugh wound up in the not so posh end of Bothwell or Bellshill but 60 years on I doubt any of them were waiting for a tier 5 football club as a reason to head back every second Saturday.

Doubt this club lasts more than another 10 years. Once they get relegated the people who are drawn to it now will lose interest.

I can associate myself with that historical perspective as my father was born in Bothwellhaugh (the "Pailis") with my grandmother moving to Bellshill in 1963/64.