Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

9 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

League clubs should negotiate a long-term stake in the success of professional B-Teams. 

Benfica generated $1.5bn in transfer sale fees since 2000.  That’s $65m per annum.

Other clubs in Portugal have played a part in their development by providing professional competition – they are invested.

It is possible that Rangers and Celtic could generate similar revenues over a period of time, and some of this should be shared with those who have contributed - if they can capitalize on this opportunity now. 

A system should be created whereby everyone is incentivized to make the project a success, and they all are properly and fairly rewarded over time.

The Old Firm needs other clubs for their business model to work, therefore the other clubs deserve a share of the profit.

For example, 15% of a $130m pot (or £100m) trickling back to league clubs every year = £15m.  Currently, Club Licensing and Club Academy Scotland payments generate what, £1.5m?  Peanuts by comparison.

There was a similar model for community clubs to be remunerated for cross-border transfers (eg Craig Gordon to Sunderland) – I believe this still exists through the Player Passport scheme.

Carpe diem!

Dear god 🙈

11 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

We'll never know the answer to that guess.

Same goes for Messi, Mbappe, deJong, Gakpo, Benzema, Lewandowski etc etc.

Maybe reel off a list of world class players produced from Norweigian B teams? Sure that would help show that Haaland wasn't a generational talent.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Maybe reel off a list of world class players produced from Norweigian B teams? Sure that would help show that Haaland wasn't a generational talent.

Martin Odegaard:  Stromsgodet C, B and 1st Team.  Then Real Madrid, now Arsenal.

Or do you want more?

1 hour ago, Che Dail said:

Man City 7 last night:

Ederson, Dias, Silva – Benfica B (POR)

Rodri – Villareal B (SPA)

Akanji – Winterhur & Basel B (SWI)

Gundogan – Bochum and Dortmund (GER)

Haaland – Bryne, Molde (NOR)

7 world-class players, all with international caps, played B-team football in 5 different countries as part of their development.  

What a tremendous boost to the England national team those players have been. Scotland will definitely win the World Cup if we have more B teams in the league system.

1 minute ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

What a tremendous boost to the England national team those players have been. Scotland will definitely win the World Cup if we have more B teams in the league system.

I for one can't wait.

Just now, Bully Wee Villa said:

Well, it could be argued that they have.

Because without them, and other players of their ilk, the English Premiership would not offer the standard of competition that it currently does.

The England National team is strong because the best English players are playing with and against the best international players every week.

2 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Funny how almost no one on here says their club voted to endorse B teams in the LL

Answer to that question is easy. They are the clubs that have no fans, so take the B teams money and hope they get some fans through their gates when they play them at home. I will save my energy and not name them.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

19 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

And it doesn't have to be like that if clubs see it as an opportunity instead of a threat.

You think Rantic and the SFA are going to share a meaningful proportion of any transfer income with the rest of the league?

Hahahahahaha.

Ha.

3 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

My favourite bit about this argument is that these players would not have went onto anywhere near the level they are at without playing B team football.

Talk about trying to prove a fucking negative.

Nobody is saying that.

But it is an undeniable fact that it played a part in their careers.

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

You think Rantic and the SFA are going to share a meaningful proportion of any transfer income with the rest of the league?

Hahahahahaha.

Ha.

When you have something that other people want, and it has value,  you can sell it.  That's how business works.

3 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

The England National team is strong because the best English players are playing with and against the best international players every week.

How can they be strong when they don't have B teams?  England are producing better and better youngsters, their under age teams are very strong in tournaments. They don't have B teams.

Just now, Che Dail said:

When you have something that other people want, and it has value,  you can sell it.  That's how business works.

Big team sell it, yes, and the hollowed out and degraded league they played in get a warm glow in knowing they helped some foreign kid get a move to the Bundesliga after 2 years at Rangers. I'm welling up here.

7 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

Well, it could be argued that they have.

Because without them, and other players of their ilk, the English Premiership would not offer the standard of competition that it currently does.

Which has no relevance whatsoever to Erling Haaland once playing half a dozen games against Trømsø Fjørd Vikings' under-17s.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

Still, fair play. Suggesting that Manchester City's success is down to the number of B team matches their players took part it rather than, say, the billion or so quid they've spent is certainly a bold take.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

10 hours ago, Che Dail said:

Martin Odegaard:  Stromsgodet C, B and 1st Team.  Then Real Madrid, now Arsenal.

Or do you want more?

Yes please, that's two players out of 100s if not 1000s. One of whom left Norwegian football just after turning 16. There ain't many 15 years old playing top flight football. Even a blind bat could tell you would jump at Odegaard.

Which is why I asked for players. Not one.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

1 minute ago, the jambo-rocker said:

Nobody is saying that.🙄

But you literally just did, again.

No, I didn't. Read it again.

There's a distinction between saying: "It played a part in their development"(fact)

and

"It's the only reason they got to the level they did" (not a fact)

8 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

No, I didn't. Read it again.

There's a distinction between saying: "It played a part in their development"(fact)

and

"It's the only reason they got to the level they did" (not a fact)

Riyad Mahrez famously had a failed trial at St Mirren which no doubt had an effect on his development too, do you feel St Mirren should reject all of our young players and maybe we'll get a Riyad Mahrez one day?

Edited by The Moonster

6 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Yes please, that's two players out of 100s if not 1000s. One of whom left Norwegian football when just after turning 16. There ain't many 15 years old playing top flight football. I think a blind bat could tell you would jump at Odegaard.

Which is why I asked for players. Not one.

Oh ok - not content with Haaland and Odegaard. in fairness, they are probably the only two world-class Norwegian players .

Here are some full Norway Internationals for your list:

Alex Sorloth (27) - Rosenborg B - now Leipzig (on loan to Real Sociedad). 45 Caps.

Kristoffer Ajer (24yr old) - Lillestrom B - now Brentford. 27 Caps

Sander Berge (25) - Asker B, Valerenga B - now Sheff Utd. 32 Caps

Orjan Nyland (32) - Ingolstadt B - then Aston VIlla, now Leipzig.  42 Caps

and if I can be permitted Mats Moller Daehli (28) - Freiburg B (GER). 35 Caps.