Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

8 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The free weeks aren't generally free weeks for the clubs, they often end up playing in cup matches etc.

You'd think so, and to some extent it does depend on which cups teams enter, but even so the Lowland League fixture list is pretty chaotic and there are often missing weeks. Shire didn't have a game on the first day of the season, and even in the middle of March we now only have one real game (i.e. not against a B team) left this season - and even that one was postponed from earlier in the season.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Edinburgh News has the indicative vote on B teams next season as 7 yes, 6 no, 3 abstaining. 

Do they need a majority of the clubs to vote yes i.e. 9+ or is it just a majority of those who actually vote rather than abstain? 

3 minutes ago, stanley said:

Do they need a majority of the clubs to vote yes i.e. 9+ or is it just a majority of those who actually vote rather than abstain? 

Not a clue. With matters like these I go back to my usual annoyance that clubs making these decisions now, aren't necessarily going to be there next season.

5 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It's only an indicative vote. I think it was Berwick that abstained from last season's one about bringing back B teams because they wanted to consult their members.

A bit of a cop out. Supporters are almost unanimously against b teams, apart from a negligible sample of contrarians.

13 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Cowboy was never vocal in his positivity and was indeed just looking at the arguments more in the round rather than expressing support.  There never was any crossed fingers or support - but I guess subtleties are lost on fixated folks.  You don’t need to go back in time - never supported it 

You spent months publicly playing the "tee hee, don't know if I'll support this or not, let's wait and see what they offer us!" game, while criticising anyone who refused to see the lower leagues turned into a support system for Celtgers' expanding squads. You also claimed that you'd never heard another Cowdenbeath fan oppose the introduction of B teams.

You were either trolling, or were actually happy to see your club used as a makeweight for practice matches in perpetuity if there was enough money in it. Sorry they weren't prepared to stump up enough for your satisfaction, but you can't say you weren't warned.

11 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Serious question.  Is there likely to be any point soon when my club Dumbarton will be required to vote on any alteration to the current situation of the OF Colt teams playing in the Lowland League and being barred from promotion  ?

Not if the SFA get their way. The new league will be a separate entity therefore circumventing the voting rules. They proudly state it as a "strength" of the proposal, if the proposal wasn't enough of a slap in the face for its member clubs 😂

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Pro-B team people saw that 100k a year  entry and thought they want a piece of that. 

Why don’t they just reduce the prize money at the top of the SPFL and redistribute to teams at the bottom end of the professional structure 

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

A bit of a cop out. Supporters are almost unanimously against b teams, apart from a negligible sample of contrarians.

Both their Supporters Trust and Supporters Club own the majority share holding so I can see why they consulted their members.

51 minutes ago, BFTD said:

You spent months publicly playing the "tee hee, don't know if I'll support this or not, let's wait and see what they offer us!" game, while criticising anyone who refused to see the lower leagues turned into a support system for Celtgers' expanding squads. You also claimed that you'd never heard another Cowdenbeath fan oppose the introduction of B teams.

You were either trolling, or were actually happy to see your club used as a makeweight for practice matches in perpetuity if there was enough money in it. Sorry they weren't prepared to stump up enough for your satisfaction, but you can't say you weren't warned.

Just because you write down some nonsense like this doesn’t make it true.  But Meghan-like you speak “your truth” to your heart’s content.  

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

Not if the SFA get their way. The new league will be a separate entity therefore circumventing the voting rules. They proudly state it as a "strength" of the proposal, if the proposal wasn't enough of a slap in the face for its member clubs 😂

That doesn't answer the question at all. Even if that new Conference league was introduced, it would not permit B teams to be promoted into the SPFL. That would still require a vote from the SPFL clubs.