Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

19 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

You are way wrong on that one, Club and fans of Cowdenbeath have never supported B Teams.

That may well be true but if you care to go back and look at the thread at the time, Cowboy was very vocal in his positivity. When he was called out about it, he said he was simply playing Devil's Advocate and that he didn't really support them (although many suspected he was crossing his fingers at the time).

19 minutes ago, Gazmcl said:

Don't expect a reply @Shannonwon't have the balls to admit it. 

There has been discussion of a split of West, East and Central Leagues at tier 5  at Meadow games lately but not seen anything online about it and asked them if heard anything about West reconstruction but they didn't know anything about it - no surprise - and my guess is probably wont happen with this new tier 5 shambles if you really must know.

You are a bit creepy stalking me on here and Twitter btw. Want my address too? 🥰🙄 😂

Edited by Shannon

15 minutes ago, Shannon said:

There has been discussion of a split of West, East and Central Leagues at tier 5  at Meadow games lately but not seen anything online about it and asked them if heard anything about West reconstruction but they didn't know anything about it - no surprise - and my guess is probably wont happen with this new tier 5 shambles if you really must know.

You are a bit creepy stalking me on here and Twitter btw. Want my address too? 🥰🙄 😂

🤣🤣🤣 Only time you pop up on twitter is when you actively participate in Buffs chat. 

It was on here I called you out for more nonsense (talking about the buffs) last week.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

They could in theory, but also the Highland and Lowland League represent a voting bloc of 34 clubs, which is not far off 50% of the SFA voting membership. Therefore it would be very risky for the SFA to attempt this, particularly when these clubs may also have allies within the SPFL.

Will the LL and HL clubs lose their voting rights due to the proposed new Conference league appearing at Tier 5 and them being demoted to Tier 6? If so that would affect the SFA's balance of power.

2 minutes ago, Dev said:

Will the LL and HL clubs lose their voting rights due to the proposed new Conference league appearing at Tier 5 and them being demoted to Tier 6? If so that would affect the SFA's balance of power.

They haven't released any actual details again. Only another haphazard summary then let their mates from the Daily Record fill in the blanks, and we know who pulls their strings.

We've been here before, everything the Junior clubs were scared of is happening before our eyes and a lot of us are looking like dickheads for defending the Lowland League and trusting George Fraser. Proper scunnered with it now tbh, the baw is burst 

15 minutes ago, Dev said:

I would be surprised if they could arbitrarily remove voting rights from clubs without an agreement from the entire SFA membership. I think the previous changes were voted on.

4 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Anyway, Mick Kennedy seems to believe that this reconstruction will also shut the door on Scottish Cup Entry for teams below tier 5 also. But all the tartan army will plunge millions into the sfa coffers and finance this. 

Kennedy has now confirmed that he was wrong and had misinterpreted the rules, which is bad news for Spain.

3 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

If you dont see that as a paying customer of the sfa that voting with your feet is an effective way to show your dissatisfaction with their governance of Scottish Football then I dont know how to help you understand it more.   

Using that logic nobody would attend football.  Governance of our game at all levels has been shite for 150 years.

2 hours ago, Dev said:

Well currently, SFA full members clubs below tier 5 do not have any voting rights apart from historic members.

Therefore this would need addressed at AGM.

I’m quite in favour of having colts teams in a new 5th tier, but with conditions attached. My first condition would be that the clubs should need to provide evidence that these youths will get an opportunity to play in their club's first eleven. Two of the clubs involved have not given a single minute of football to any their academy recruits this season, yet they’re campaigning for a new division to help develop said youngsters. Some of these players have been at their parent clubs since childhood, yet as soon as they look ready to step up a ready made foreign player is recruited at a considerable cost to the club. For this reason talents like Ben Doak and Billy Gilmour have been developed for years then allowed to slip through the net to English clubs for a minute fraction of the cost expended to recruit those “ready made” players. Have the people who are willing to fund this new division taken the time to ask the managers of their clubs if they will be given a fair opportunity to play for the first team? Or will a “ready made” foreign player always be their preference? If not then it’s a monumental contradiction to declare that they need a fifth tier to develop their academy graduates.

4 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

The Club Academy system doesn’t work in Scotland.
When Mark Wotte was at the SFA, his view was that Clubs were not the place to develop young players but that there should be Regional Academies run by SFA coaches then there would be a draft pick style allocation of players to Clubs. The performance schools was the first step.

As soon as he mentioned the second step,  he was dead meat !

That's been obvious for years, and many people on the coaching side haven't been shy at saying this. Ignored.

The fact that these Academies suck in young kids at an enormous rate and then spit them all back out over the next few years apart the fortunate one or two, disillusioned with football and many simply give it up.

I don't have the answer, but IMO these clubs shouldn't be allowed to sign kids until they're 13/14 at least, leave them with their local youth clubs to play with their pals, and instead invest the required money into training coaches.

Edited by Burnieman

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

That's been obvious for years, and many people on the coaching side haven't been shy at saying this. Ignored.

The fact that these Academies suck in young kids at an enormous rate and then spit them all back out over the next few years apart the fortunate one or two, disillusioned with football and many simply give it up.

I don't have the answer, but IMO these clubs shouldn't be allowed to sign kids until they're 13/14 at least, leave them with their local youth clubs to play with their pals, and instead invest the required money into training coaches.

Was a coach at youth level for many years.

The treatment of these young boys by so called professionals at times bordered on criminal.

One tale I recall; a coach from a Nth Lanarkshire Boys Club bumped into his former star player who had been picked up by one of the top academy's. Naturally he asked the boy how he was getting on. The reply came that he has been released at the previous review. The boys experience with the academy had soured him so that he had quit football. No amount of cajoling could persuade him to come to training.

The coach was upset and contacted the academy and stated that if the boy was being released why didn't they get in touch with him to take the boy back.

The response; not their policy to be concerned about where players go after release. 

This is not an isolated incident, witnessed personally a number of boys returning from these academies soured by the experience. Their once love of the game tainted.

That in a nutshell is how much these academies care about player development. It's all about quotas and enhancing their own personal reputation.

18 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

That may well be true but if you care to go back and look at the thread at the time, Cowboy was very vocal in his positivity. When he was called out about it, he said he was simply playing Devil's Advocate and that he didn't really support them (although many suspected he was crossing his fingers at the time).

Cowboy was never vocal in his positivity and was indeed just looking at the arguments more in the round rather than expressing support.  There never was any crossed fingers or support - but I guess subtleties are lost on fixated folks.  You don’t need to go back in time - never supported it 

@OfficialCatchup

Heard early indications is that B teams will be in the Lowland League again next season. If true, not entirely surprising. Holds off the idea of the Conference League coming in from next season. Decision to be made on that in coming weeks.