Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

55 minutes ago, BonessBWAH_ said:

The tinpot plastic clubs like Braves, Cumbernauld Colts and Podcast United will all be scrambling to get in.

Good then they can all piss off. Ironic that just as Scottish football unites, the SFA are hell bent on creating a split again

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

So what happens when Spartans, Stirling Uni, Tranent, Buckie, Brechin and Brora all say “f**k that”?

Wouldn't surprise me if the likes of Caledonian Braves, Open Goal Broomhill, Banks o' Dee and maybe Brechin volunteered for it, though I can't see it working without the agreement of the HL, LL and the SPFL so it's a non starter.

19 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

There has been a few comments that Club 42 will become Club 52. That implies auto up down to conference ?

Not sure how seriously prorege on Nonleague matters should be taken after all the posts about Bonnyrigg Rose's ground but his take was:

https://nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/review-of-scottish-pyramid-season-2022-3.8962/post-199253

...League would comprise Colt teams and clubs from LL and HL should they wish to join. Entry could be based on LL / HL merit or by application. Could have one automatic promotion place to SPFL Div 2, with Colt teams eligible. Alternatively Colt teams might not be eligible therefore no promotion unless a non-Colt team wins the League. Current play off between Club 42 and HL / LL Champions would just become Club 52/54 v LL / HL Champions.

The current 3-way agreement between the SPFL / LL / HL would need to be torn up. The question is whether or not there is enough in the plan to attract the member clubs of each League to do this

36 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Its true though, its the only protest that would work, but they are too craven and put up with so much bullshit to stand up to the sfa. 

I'm not sure if you're being serious or not.  I've barely missed a Scotland game in 25 years, I go to support Scotland, the SFA blazers and the club game are the furthest from my mind at matches.  There is zero correlation and never has been so let's not go down that particular worm hole.

11 hours ago, glasgow-sheep said:

Why not just set up a proper reserve league? Are a few games v brechin and Spartans really worth it?

Because the goal is to allow OF B teams to get as high up the pyramid as possible.

It's peak scottish football to finally create a pyramid system, then, rather than tweak it to improve it, utterly destroy it to bend over for the arsecheeks.

Our leagues are simply too small to allow B teams to infiltrate them.

5 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I'm not sure if you're being serious or not.  I've barely missed a Scotland game in 25 years, I go to support Scotland, the SFA blazers and the club game are the furthest from my mind at matches.  There is zero correlation and never has been so let's not go down that particular worm hole.

Im not that bothered if youre offended, but the point is, whats the most effective form of protest, starving an organisation of profit, ie boycotting, no fans at Hampden sends a pretty strong message. 

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Im not that bothered if youre offended, but the point is, whats the most effective form of protest, starving an organisation of profit, ie boycotting, no fans at Hampden sends a pretty strong message. 

Why would I be offended, I'm just laughing, I mean jeezo 😆

This is beyond parody now. So these Colt sides would presumably be able to play in both national cup competitions? Celtic Colts vs Celtic in The Scottish Cup? Live on Sky coz that’s what the public want? Get this idea in the sea immediately

6 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

This is beyond parody now. So these Colt sides would presumably be able to play in both national cup competitions? Celtic Colts vs Celtic in The Scottish Cup? Live on Sky coz that’s what the public want? Get this idea in the sea immediately

No they wouldn’t 

5 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

The Dutch cup once had PSV colts v PSV... Thankfully the colts got removed from the cup, but unfortunately they are still in the league.

In terms of this plan, get it in the bin and put fire to the bin, then kick the burnt out bin far into the deepest part of the ocean that there is no chance of it ever getting back. Absolutely atrocious stuff.

I'm not so sure about the Lowland League these days, but I'd be very surprised if the Highland League didn't just chuck this proposal immediately in the bin going by their past reticence towards the Pyramid.  Without their support it doesn't happen.

I'm also not convinced that the Play-off agreement wouldn't need re-written and agreed, particularly if the Conference isn't a fully fledged part of the SPFL, perhaps only a formal SPFL3 would avoid the need for a new agreement (where club 42 becomes club 52).

Maxwell is under pressure to get B teams into the Pyramid by hook or by crook by the looks of it. He's hung his hat on this being a sooper dooper idea to improve the national team. If he fails, hopefully he falls on his sword.

Ok thanks for that. Look at League 1 this year. It contains some big clubs in Dunfermline, Falkirk, Airdrie and QOS.  On what planet would clubs like these benefit from playing colt teams every other week? Would it increase attendances. Absolutely not as fans would boycott these games. There is no upside to this for Scottish football

34 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Not sure how seriously prorege on Nonleague matters should be taken after all the posts about Bonnyrigg Rose's ground but his take was:

https://nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/review-of-scottish-pyramid-season-2022-3.8962/post-199253

...League would comprise Colt teams and clubs from LL and HL should they wish to join. Entry could be based on LL / HL merit or by application. Could have one automatic promotion place to SPFL Div 2, with Colt teams eligible. Alternatively Colt teams might not be eligible therefore no promotion unless a non-Colt team wins the League. Current play off between Club 42 and HL / LL Champions would just become Club 52/54 v LL / HL Champions.

The current 3-way agreement between the SPFL / LL / HL would need to be torn up. The question is whether or not there is enough in the plan to attract the member clubs of each League to do this

I see he thinks Buckie would be up for this dog's breakfast, they don't even want promotion to League 2. :lol:

30 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Because the goal is to allow OF B teams to get as high up the pyramid as possible.

It's peak scottish football to finally create a pyramid system, then, rather than tweak it to improve it, utterly destroy it to bend over for the arsecheeks.

Our leagues are simply too small to allow B teams to infiltrate them.

Hearts and Aberdeen are also involved 

6 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Remember Croatia? Turns out reserves were barred from the 2nd Tier after the end of last season.

With Dinamo II dissolving their team in the pyramid.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021–22_Croatian_Second_Football_League

Brilliant, so not the success there people claim it was.

17 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I see he thinks Buckie would be up for this dog's breakfast, they don't even want promotion to League 2. :lol:

I can’t see the highland league going for this at all. Why would say Fraserburgh, not sure if they do want promotion, want an extra division to go through between the HL and League 2.

Just now, Marten said:

Brilliant, so not the success there people claim it was.

Seemingly, Osijek II now appear to be the only reserve in the top 4 tiers this season.

And if I remember right their 2022 World Cup squad had fewer B team representatives than 2018. Which wasn't that significant back then either.

Not really the poster child anymore. Back to doubling down on Spain and the 00s-10s Barca team