Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

What sort of away following have Rangers and Celtic B taken this season? Just for a rough idea. I'd imagine it being more local observers coming along than dedicated followers at that level?
They don't even have a home following. It's considerably worse if the senior side are playing at home as well.

6 hours ago, Che Dail said:

Bigger chance he’s released at end of contract, comes back home, plays about 10 minutes in league 2 and never seen again.  

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help shed some light on the Lowland League for me. I have been following for a while but still can’t get my head around how it all works (apologies if this has been covered elsewhere I am sure it probably has, I just didn’t know where!) 

- My understanding is that Celtic, rangers and hearts teams can’t get promoted or relegated.  What happens if in a hypothetical situation the those 3 teams finished top 3, would it then be the team who finishes 4 who is deemed the champions and would go into a playoff with the highland league winner? 

- Secondly, if my above assumption is correct…what happens to the points teams accumulate/lose against these 3 teams throughout the season? Do they count towards the overall final league position? I realise this is probably a stupid question but just trying to make sure I fully understand it! 😄

thanks 

1 hour ago, Perth Saint said:

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help shed some light on the Lowland League for me. I have been following for a while but still can’t get my head around how it all works (apologies if this has been covered elsewhere I am sure it probably has, I just didn’t know where!) 

- My understanding is that Celtic, rangers and hearts teams can’t get promoted or relegated.  What happens if in a hypothetical situation the those 3 teams finished top 3, would it then be the team who finishes 4 who is deemed the champions and would go into a playoff with the highland league winner? 

- Secondly, if my above assumption is correct…what happens to the points teams accumulate/lose against these 3 teams throughout the season? Do they count towards the overall final league position? I realise this is probably a stupid question but just trying to make sure I fully understand it! 😄

thanks 

Your understanding is correct.  It’s the highest place proper club that is declared champions.  The final league table counts all points, including against B teams.  So a team can win the league cos they played a B team who had taken their best players out the side when their nearest rivals had to play them at full strength.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Your understanding is correct.  It’s the highest place proper club that is declared champions.  The final league table counts all points, including against B teams.  So a team can win the league cos they played a B team who had taken their best players out the side when their nearest rivals had to play them at full strength.

Thanks for confirming! Yeah seems completely unfair in regards to what players the old firm choose to play.  Hopefully they find a better solution as it’s the rest of the Lowland League who suffer! 

4 hours ago, Perth Saint said:

Thanks for confirming! Yeah seems completely unfair in regards to what players the old firm choose to play.  Hopefully they find a better solution as it’s the rest of the Lowland League who suffer! 

They got voted in so a lot of the League can't complain about any suffering.

9 hours ago, Perth Saint said:

There hasn’t been an old firm for 10 years or so now. 

On 11/11/2022 at 21:39, big al said:

There hasn’t been an old firm for 10 years or so now. 

You might think so but the two teams have trademarked that description and renewed it again in 2021

So obviously they DO reckon it still applies to their encounters - and sales ! 

On 13/11/2022 at 14:55, VodkaTap said:

You might think so but the two teams have trademarked that description and renewed it again in 2021

So obviously they DO reckon it still applies to their encounters - and sales ! 

Celtic haven’t used the term for over a decade now (since before liquidation)

They promote the game as the Glasgow derby. 

Its trademarked so others can’t profit from it 

It also seems to really annoy RFC that we don’t use it. 

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

Celtic haven’t used the term for over a decade now (since before liquidation)

They promote the game as the Glasgow derby. 

Its trademarked so others can’t profit from it 

It also seems to really annoy RFC that we don’t use it. 

Whether Celtic use it or not - that's entirely their choice

But to the rest of scottish football - both Rangers and Celtic will always be the Old Firm since they have been referred to in that manner for such a long time

Its simply a shorthand way of collectively referring to both those teams

It would also appear that the use of that term seems to annoy Celtic - and their fans !!

Edited by VodkaTap

8 hours ago, VodkaTap said:

But to the rest of scottish football - both Rangers and Celtic will always be the Old Firm since they have been referred to in that manner for such a long time

It would also appear that the use of that term seems to annoy Celtic - and their fans !!

Cool mate 

8 hours ago, VodkaTap said:

I also  recognise the term "Arse Cheeks" which refers only to both.