Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

19 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

At what level of the WoSFL should they start, Div 4? I’m not particularly in favour of them, but this recurring argument about them starting at the bottom of the pyramid is a flawed one. D

I'm sure the Div 4 teams wouldn’t want to be pumped by double figures every second week.

any team wanting admitted to the league should start at the very bottom,not much of a pyramid otherwise

5 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

I'm sure the Div 4 teams wouldn’t want to be pumped by double figures every second week.

F*ck off with this pish.

It's the same that gets said about the Reserve League. Yet was never backed when checking the results. Same was said about the Lowland last year and Rangers on "the Journey".

If you put Rangers B and Celtic B in the bottom of the WoSFL. They wouldn't be off buying £100+k signings for those teams and would be sending some of the better 18+ players off on loan.

They'd be full members and be able to plan accordingly. Right now they're kicked out after a season with no Reserve League or any formal structure to fall back on.

24 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

thered maybe be a few seasons of big scorelines but teams would soon find their level in the pyramid,teams at the bottom not wanting pumped isnt a good reason for not having a pyramid thats purely merit based

56 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

F*ck off with this pish.

It's the same that gets said about the Reserve League. Yet was never backed when checking the results. Same was said about the Lowland last year and Rangers on "the Journey".

If you put Rangers B and Celtic B in the bottom of the WoSFL. They wouldn't be off buying £100+k signings for those teams and would be sending some of the better 18+ players off on loan.

They'd be full members and be able to plan accordingly. Right now they're kicked out after a season with no Reserve League or any formal structure to fall back on.

😂😂😂😂 No bother

Edited by Pyramid Watcher

1 hour ago, highlandcowden said:

any team wanting admitted to the league should start at the very bottom,not much of a pyramid otherwise

But on the same terms, conditions and rules as every ther team in the League. The only problem is the exceptional favourable treatment, supported by the SFA and League authorities, given to two teams and now three.

14 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

But on the same terms, conditions and rules as every ther team in the League. The only problem is the exceptional favourable treatment, supported by the SFA and League authorities, given to two teams and now three.

I was going to say,"that goes without saying"

But given how the football authorities bend over backwards for these bawbags I suppose it really doesnt

30 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

But on the same terms, conditions and rules as every ther team in the League.

That point some might have a problem with if there was an enmasse participation of 2nd XIs from full time teams.

With "guest" teams in the Lowland they have had age & squad restrictions applied and cannot participate in cup competitions.

If you look at both historical and current examples of 2nd XIs like Hibernian, Berwick Rangers, Stirling Uni, Stranraer reserves etc. They get to participate in all the cup competitions except when there's a duplication with the 1st team. Have no age or squad restrictions unless self imposed. Voting rights like any other member.

4 hours ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

The problem is that special terms for admission to the Lowland League apply to Rangers, Celtic and now Hearts. Admission was granted (just) on payment of a bribe, Colts teams cannot be promoted or relegated, the points gained from their games count or do not count, a Colts team cannot be Champions, only the top legitimate LL team,  the rules of the LL and number of teams in the League can be changed or varied to cater to the particular interests of three teams only. Let them apply for entry to the WOSL and work their way up.

but they still need a majority vote to get anywhere.

At what level of the WoSFL should they start, Div 4? I’m not particularly in favour of them, but this recurring argument about them starting at the bottom of the pyramid is a flawed one. D
I don't particularly care but it would sort out definitively (as if we didn't already know) the motives for having B teams in the pyramid. Any Premiership colts team would likely rack up double figures week in week out against these tier 9 sides. They would gain very little from them but if, as they claim, it's a lack of the physicality and competitive action that's holding the youngsters back then this is the place for them to be tested and prove everyone wrong.

Personally I still don't want them anywhere near the pyramid but I do wish they'd just be honest about their intentions.

7 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

It works in the Scillies… 😉

What we need is major reform. We should learn from American Football and Ozzie Rules on how to make the game much more competitive. Struck by how many of those who watch lower league football how completely uninterested they are in the top flight because it’s so utterly predictable. 

I don't see how that would work in Scotland,  or across football as a whole. 

The other thing is fans tend to be in favour if it appears to benefit their club.

Not so much if it might for example increase the possibility of relegation. 

2 hours ago, jaggyness said:

I don't particularly care but it would sort out definitively (as if we didn't already know) the motives for having B teams in the pyramid. Any Premiership colts team would likely rack up double figures week in week out against these tier 9 sides. They would gain very little from them but if, as they claim, it's a lack of the physicality and competitive action that's holding the youngsters back then this is the place for them to be tested and prove everyone wrong.

Personally I still don't want them anywhere near the pyramid but I do wish they'd just be honest about their intentions.

That is the main reason both OF teams claimed at the meeting, the players are playing the same system as the first team.they wouldn't get the same level of competition playing lower.(their words) hearts c.e.o. said they had 16 players on loan and they never really learned anything.that stats both the OF showed in their presentation to be honest were very impressive.but the 3 of them will not be looking to stay beyond this season.

7 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

F*ck off with this pish.

Right now they're kicked out after a season with no Reserve League or any formal structure to fall back on.

If they hadn't contributed to the demise of the reserve league by pulling out, they would have something to fall back on. Feck them. Maybe they should be pushing for its re-establishment, but they seem to be getting pretty much their own way at the moment and I'm sure they can smell League Two football. I give it three years, five tops, and they'll be in.

7 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

why should  any teams that consistently opposed their inclusion feel embarrassed by such a scenario?

Fair point but it'll be an embarrassment all the same and undermine the concept of the pyramid. It's hard to take the LL seriously at the moment. I can certainly understand why current L2 clubs don't want to be dropped into this comedy turn of a division.

25 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Fair point but it'll be an embarrassment all the same and undermine the concept of the pyramid. It's hard to take the LL seriously at the moment. I can certainly understand why current L2 clubs don't want to be dropped into this comedy turn of a division.

I think its more to do with them trying to get back into the spfl if they get relegated.there's 3 ex spfl clubs already there 1 in the highland league more than how the league is run.

38 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

I think its more to do with them trying to get back into the spfl if they get relegated.there's 3 ex spfl clubs already there 1 in the highland league more than how the league is run.

Yip, I realise that but would you really want to be relegated into a league that's making it up as they go along? It needed a few years to build itself up, weed out the teams that simply aren't up to it and establish a decent reputation. That's not happening. Three colts teams this year, how many next year? "One year only" is now two years.  What will be pulled out of the magician's hat next year?

27 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Yip, I realise that but would you really want to be relegated into a league that's making it up as they go along? It needed a few years to build itself up, weed out the teams that simply aren't up to it and establish a decent reputation. That's not happening. Three colts teams this year, how many next year? "One year only" is now two years.  What will be pulled out of the magician's hat next year?

Dont think its being made up as they go along.building up the league like any thing is work in progress.there was no play off for the champion club for i think 2 seasons.now there is,but only with a play off.there is relegation which happened this term.like it or hate it the colts are in for 1 more season only. for all that people on here say about the league if the s.f a were to say next season we will allow you to expand to a 18 or 20 team league many clubs would apply.

4 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

Dont think its being made up as they go along.

Yes, it is.

there was no play off for the champion club for i think 2 seasons.

Nope, just the one season was missed 2019-20.

like it or hate it the colts are in for 1 more season only.

Exact same thing was said last season, and here we are with Colts in for a 2nd season. With no actual explanation for where they will go in a year's time. Based on what happened this past season they'll turn up in March 2023 with a new Powerpoint presentation and £64k buy ins.

57 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Yes, it is.

Nope, just the one season was missed 2019-20.

Exact same thing was said last season, and here we are with Colts in for a 2nd season. With no actual explanation for where they will go in a year's time. Based on what happened this past season they'll turn up in March 2023 with a new Powerpoint presentation and £64k buy ins.

1 how!!

2 when the lowland league started there was no play off 

3 because its one more season as the reserve league is to start 23/24

13 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

1 how!!

2 when the lowland league started there was no play off 

3 because its one more season as the reserve league is to start 23/24

1) Only became an opportunity because Tier 6 never declared a licensed champion. At one point would have been 19 teams last season if Kelty failed to win the playoff. Getting on the basis of one year was in part because of the Innovation Paper that would have seen SPFL reconstruction. Which never went anywhere.

Because of the making it up as they go along approach the SPFL/SFA are able to force changes to the SPFL Playoff midseason. The "one year" of colts meant scrapping the HL/LL boundary that most the LL had a couple of recent votes enforcing.

March comes along the Colts asked to stay for another year. Leads to vote of yes, which leads to a vote of no because there's 3 of them this time. Which leads to a vote of yes because of another attempt of reconstruction with no actual confirmation of changes.

2) Everyone knew there would be no playoff in 2013-14. Can't count something that didn't exist. 0+1=1

3) What's so different about the Reserve League in 23/24 that it couldn't have been arranged for 22/23?

7 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

1) Only became an opportunity because Tier 6 never declared a licensed champion. At one point would have been 19 teams last season if Kelty failed to win the playoff. Getting on the basis of one year was in part because of the Innovation Paper that would have seen SPFL reconstruction. Which never went anywhere.

Because of the making it up as they go along approach the SPFL/SFA are able to force changes to the SPFL Playoff midseason. The "one year" of colts meant scrapping the HL/LL boundary that most the LL had a couple of recent votes enforcing.

March comes along the Colts asked to stay for another year. Leads to vote of yes, which leads to a vote of no because there's 3 of them this time. Which leads to a vote of yes because of another attempt of reconstruction with no actual confirmation of changes.

2) Everyone knew there would be no playoff in 2013-14. Can't count something that didn't exist. 0+1=1

3) What's so different about the Reserve League in 23/24 that it couldn't have been arranged for 22/23?

1 when the lowland league first started there was no promotion! also no relegation! for 2 seasons i think. Also no named champion or club with a licence to come up was and still is the rule.(dont think that will happen now)

2 for every rule change thats made the s.f.a need to sign them of.it wasn't the colts playing there were other rules in pack.one was to increase the league for 1 season to 17 to include boness as they won the eos.the west declared null and void.no champion.if kelty didn't go up then 2 clubs would have to be relegated.

3 there was only 2 teams ready to go. at that time