Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

Was the OF and Hearts Colts side argument that their inclusion in the LL would benefit the Scottish national team from the grassroots up a marketing ploy to get LL fans onside with it?

Outside the Shire I don't watch much football and I'm not interested in international football.  So I'm wondering how else I could back Colts sides in the LL league.  Apologies if this sounds cynical but I'm still a bit despondent to the Colts idea... 

Edited by come on shire

Is the LL still fit for purpose?

A league set up by application, before influx began to EoS.  Its now a two tier league of poor teams playing above their level and competitive teams.

Add in manufactured teams who saw opportunity to jump the Q to a higher level by application b4 ability.

Introduction of Colt teams is as much to do with no real competitive leagues for them to play in, other than age group football.

The LL is also blocking tier 6 with only 1 promotion place for 3 leagues.

The rest of the pyramid is working better than LL.

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

Is the LL still fit for purpose?

A league set up by application, before influx began to EoS.  Its now a two tier league of poor teams playing above their level and competitive teams.

Add in manufactured teams who saw opportunity to jump the Q to a higher level by application b4 ability.

Introduction of Colt teams is as much to do with no real competitive leagues for them to play in, other than age group football.

The LL is also blocking tier 6 with only 1 promotion place for 3 leagues.

The rest of the pyramid is working better than LL.

This applies to most leagues.

On 08/06/2022 at 15:42, Kirk St Moritz said:

the LL now needs to make the very most of having the 3 x biggest hitters in the land inside the tent and to use them to try and effect the greater good for all levels of pyramid.

Sorry, but that's just idealist stuff that won't happen. Name one team in Scotland that is remotely interested in the greater good for all. And why should they be? I want my team to be focussed on getting better and up the leagues. The SFA  and SPFL have the responsibility for the greater good of all and we all know how well that works at the moment.

FWIW, is playing against the boys clubs et al of the LL going to improve the young Premier colts teams? I think not. A decent reserve league is a better vehicle but the OF pulled out of that, so feck them.

It wouldn't be so bad if the colts teams were restricted to players eligible to play for Scotland.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

On 10/06/2022 at 15:00, craigkillie said:

They haven't been deceived though, they were promised a review and they'll get a review.

And that review will have a remit dictated by whom and the review will be conducted by whom?  See Westminster "reviews" for the ways to gerrymander any review.

2 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

And that review will have a remit dictated by whom and the review will be conducted by whom?  See Westminster "reviews" for the ways to gerrymander any review.

Well the last time they did a working group on this you had - Stewart Robertson, Gerry Britton, Steve Brown, Iain McMenemy and George Fraser.

12-12-12-12, Colts in the pyramid and strategic partnerships were the main takeaways from their Innovations.

This would already have been known to the mug clubs who voted for it.

On 17/06/2022 at 11:45, Auld Heid said:

Its now a two tier league of poor teams playing above their level and competitive teams.

23 hours ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

This applies to most leagues.

I can't think of a similar other league in Scotland that this statement applies to. League 2 might have some teams playing above their level, but it's not a two tier league.

3 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Good description of the Premiership 

It would be a terrible description of the Premiership, given that the second "tier" within the Premiership does not in fact consist of teams "playing above their level" at all, given that there is a long established route of promotion and relegation which allows for a reasonable flow of clubs. The teams placed 2nd-4th in the Championship all had a chance of promotion to the Premiership and were ultimately not good enough. It is fairly evident that the Premiership contains the best teams in the country at any given time.

The Lowland League, meanwhile, has several clubs who on footballing ability would be better suited to Tier 6 or even below that. The way Whitehill Welfare have plummeted like a stone shows that, and the same will happen to Vale of Leithen this season.

Edited by craigkillie

20 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I can't think of a similar other league in Scotland that this statement applies to. League 2 might have some teams playing above their level, but it's not a two tier league.

It would be a terrible description of the Premiership, given that the second "tier" within the Premiership does not in fact consist of teams "playing above their level" at all, given that there is a long established route of promotion and relegation which allows for a reasonable flow of clubs. The teams placed 2nd-4th in the Championship all had a chance of promotion to the Premiership and were ultimately not good enough. It is fairly evident that the Premiership contains the best teams in the country at any given time.

The Lowland League, meanwhile, has several clubs who on footballing ability would be better suited to Tier 6 or even below that. The way Whitehill Welfare have plummeted like a stone shows that, and the same will happen to Vale of Leithen this season.

Where there is money you will always have a two tier, or even three tier, leagues. Are you trying to say that this does not apply to the Premier League?