Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

16 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Well if its not put out there, how can anyone know
For me, I'm going by my views and what others have said during their involvement of this.

I'm a bit unsure so with a team pulling players out to go to the A team is not sporting integrity.  I suppose the same could be said of all WOSFL, EOSFL, SOSFL and Lowland league B teams, (U20s teams) when the first team pull players out of important league matches and cup ties.

100% agree its an experiment but in reality of any experiment you need to learn from it

Hey look, I never mean to come across rude or disrespectful. Genuine apologies if I did.

The point is though that it is out there - been stated many times on P&B for instance. Also, the difference between OF colts usual teams and the sides they put out last year when the main squad were off on tour, is much greater than other examples you give. It is totally unacceptable and as stated, the notion of league postponenents - whilst a bit better than last season - is still a disproportionate problem for clubs at this level. #devil #detail

48 minutes ago, Redcar said:

Hey look, I never mean to come across rude or disrespectful. Genuine apologies if I did.

The point is though that it is out there - been stated many times on P&B for instance. Also, the difference between OF colts usual teams and the sides they put out last year when the main squad were off on tour, is much greater than other examples you give. It is totally unacceptable and as stated, the notion of league postponenents - whilst a bit better than last season - is still a disproportionate problem for clubs at this level. #devil #detail

I never took it as that, you were putting a point across, maybe a bit tired of putting it across, not sure but I defiantly didn't take offence to it.
I will say, Fairweathers point of not adding the points to the final table is actually a good one so there shouldn't be any complaints, or definitely less complaints.

I don't see the Old firm and Hearts as a big problem but the point you have made, yeah has to be dealt with, I'm just looking at the bigger picture and just want the promotion and relegation opened up to keep the Scottish pyramid system functioning equally for all teams and leagues

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

1 hour ago, razamanaz said:

They need the reserve league back. I don't see how young full-time pros learn anything playing against joiners, plumbers or students

The students one is the biggest anomaly for me. Stirling and Edinburgh Uni will 'almost' have their entire team made up of players under 22 so very similar to the ages of the 'B' teams. These will be players who are good footballers but are obviously not the best in the country at their age and they are directly facing the 'best' players in the country at their age. It is clearly a mismatch and doesn't help the players in the 'B' teams, they surely would be better playing the other youth teams from the premier league teams who would likely be closer to their ability than the students.

TBH it doesn't matter if the B team players are playing against Cowdenbeath, Edinburgh Uni or a P&B select. Their games are meaningless. Their argument about giving the players proper competitive football doesn't hold any truth as their results don't matter to the B team players. If they want their young players to get a taste of competitive action that matters send them on loan to teams where their team mates have mortgages to pay for and contracts to play for, etc.

5 minutes ago, ahemps said:

The students one is the biggest anomaly for me. Stirling and Edinburgh Uni will 'almost' have their entire team made up of players under 22 so very similar to the ages of the 'B' teams. These will be players who are good footballers but are obviously not the best in the country at their age and they are directly facing the 'best' players in the country at their age. It is clearly a mismatch and doesn't help the players in the 'B' teams, they surely would be better playing the other youth teams from the premier league teams who would likely be closer to their ability than the students.

Agree, surely the B team players should be learning their craft playing established 1st team players coming back from injury or squad players - seen that at Falkirk, youngsters just getting shoved off the ball as never played against men.

SFA have made an arse of something again - start a pyramid and f@ck it up and get supporter backs up

52 minutes ago, ahemps said:

Is the Edinburgh Uni not mostly English students anyway? Always difficult to predict how strong these sides would be with the huge turnovers from year to year.

20 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

The B teams are unquestionable in talent as they offer some of the best young technical footballing talent in the country and are using the league to bleed these young lads into men's football thus gaining valuable experience 

😅

1 hour ago, razamanaz said:

They need the reserve league back. I don't see how young full-time pros learn anything playing against joiners, plumbers or students

In reality most of the guys in the Colts sides will be joiners, plumbers or students once they get dumped by their clubs.

1 hour ago, edinabear said:

Is the Edinburgh Uni not mostly English students anyway? Always difficult to predict how strong these sides would be with the huge turnovers from year to year.

What’s them being English , if they are, got to do with it?

2 hours ago, edinabear said:

Some are also History or Maths students 🤔 

46 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

What’s them being English , if they are, got to do with it?

Clumsily put. What I meant is that if you have moved to Edinburgh Uni from England then you are likely to play for the uni football side as you have no ties to Scotland. Whereas Scottish guys, if they are decent standard will already be at a local Scottish club. 

Some of the non Scots in uni sides are a higher standard but play for these teams due to circumstance.

21 minutes ago, edinabear said:

Clumsily put. What I meant is that if you have moved to Edinburgh Uni from England then you are likely to play for the uni football side as you have no ties to Scotland. Whereas Scottish guys, if they are decent standard will already be at a local Scottish club. 

Some of the non Scots in uni sides are a higher standard but play for these teams due to circumstance.

When I was at Edinburgh, most (if not all) of the team were Scots. Some had links to local Scottish clubs, but local to their home, not to Edinburgh! Nobody was going to commute to play for their "local" team in Wick or Aberdeen (or even Glasgow).

8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

😅

The funny thing is
Correct me if I'm wrong but where the teams not filled with 17 and 18 year olds in teams who finish 2nd and 3rd and some of the games they pumped the mens teams and your laughing at the comment of    

"The B teams are unquestionable in talent as they offer some of the best young technical footballing talent in the country and are using the league to bleed these young lads into men's football thus gaining valuable experience"

Whether you hate or love the old firm, me personally i don't have time for them, they have the best of the young talent in Scotland, well most of the best , think thats FACT.  So from the outside looking in and witnessing a few of those league matches last year Id say everything I said was and has came true.  I do not think any coach who was involved in that league last year will deny any of it.

I may have picked you up wrong but haven't a clue of what your laughing at

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

image.png.58f109b4a588f681acb6005378cf8f3d.png

That's why I'm stating it, some of those players played with the B teams, not all obviously as someone said , some players were taken out of Celtic teams and rangers teams and made the B teams weaker on certain games making it unfair sporting wise.

Think the new rule this years means that the 3 B teams have to play certain types of players, is this correct with  so many first team game experience or international experience or have i picked this up wrong.  Hope you or someone can confirm or correct me on this.

and my view, the B Old firm and B Hearts teams should be made of of youth players, not made up of mainly experienced players from the first team

19 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

And that's the crux of the problem.

Agreed, Think if that was the only problem then I'm sure it should be fixed.

Two things, should the results be expunged on the final games so that the old firm results are taken into consideration to make it equal.
the same applied to all the WOSFL, EOSFL,SOSFL and LL - B teams which are the U20s, when the first team are short they take U20 players, weakening the U20s teams for certain games

Reference above to the B sides having to field "certain types of player". We haven't seen the detail but based in statements and reports I think it was players aged 17-21 and the B team starting line up has to feature 7 players eligible to play for Scotland .