Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

That doesn't mean the clubs were deceived. They were promised a review and they'll get their review. The fact they were too thick to realise they were being played like fiddles is their problem.

You would think one of them would have thought to ask why a review wasn’t done last year during the “one off” experiment.

9 hours ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Looks like the SFA/SPFL assisted in getting the three colts teams shoehorned into the Lowland League without any prior consultation  with the Professional Game Board or with member clubs. The Stenny Chairman who smelled shite on the deal is a member of the Professional Game Board. It looks more and more likely that Maxwell/Doncaster are operating to their own separate agenda. East Stirling are among those who have been deceived.

The Stenny Chairman is not on the PGB.

Edited by Pyramid Watcher

How about this to help Scottish football since that's what this is all about :whistle
The SFA and SPFL imposes the requirement to field seven players eligible for Scotland national teams in the starting line-up across the board and not just B teams.

That's not to help Scottish football, that's to help the Scottish national team and even that's debatable.

On 10/06/2022 at 12:28, AsimButtHitsASix said:

So Berwick voted for their original inclusion because they believed the stories about it being a one year thing and now East Stirling voted for it because they believe the stories about pyramid restructuring

If anyone was wondering why these were the first clubs to get flushed down the pyramid relegation toilet, i think we have our answer.

17 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

If anyone was wondering why these were the first clubs to get flushed down the pyramid relegation toilet, i think we have our answer.

Exactly, after them both being dragged kicking and screaming to even allow non-league sides to have a chance at gaining promotion and now they are all ears to reconstruction. Couple of absolute shithouses, any respect for any of them out the window now

Edited by Spyro

54 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Exactly, after them both being dragged kicking and screaming to even allow non-league sides to have a chance at gaining promotion and now they are all ears to reconstruction. Couple of absolute shithouses, any respect for any of them out the window now

The Shire voted in favour for a play off for Club 42 haha but keep foaming man 

Have avoided until now but since the colt vote conspiracies are getting banded around now….

I’ve been told CS Strollers are one of the teams telling porkies about how they voted and allegedly voted FOR the inclusion of the B teams.

My source is admittedly questionable being a colleague who is mates with someone at CS who told him that 🤔

However, having heard from other teams fans and having seen first hand the CS home support barely into double figures, I wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t just a load of rumourmongery and they did indeed vote FOR in the hope it might boost numbers through the gate. 

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

Have avoided until now but since the colt vote conspiracies are getting banded around now….

I’ve been told CS Strollers are one of the teams telling porkies about how they voted and allegedly voted FOR the inclusion of the B teams.

My source is admittedly questionable being a colleague who is mates with someone at CS who told him that 🤔

However, having heard from other teams fans and having seen first hand the CS home support barely into double figures, I wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t just a load of rumourmongery and they did indeed vote FOR in the hope it might boost numbers through the gate. 

I think your source is talking nonsense. Why would the CSS President  issue a statement saying they voted against it? He would have been better saying nothing rather than open himself up to criticism, if your theory is to be believed.

Edited by Pyramid Watcher

9 hours ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

I think your source is talking nonsense. Why would the CSS President  issue a statement saying they voted against it? He would have been better saying nothing rather than open himself up to criticism, if your theory is to be believed.

I was sceptical as well fwiw, hence why I described the source as questionable and used the 🤔 emoji. 

Edited by 8MileBU

I think the whole charade is questionable, although i have different reasons for most.

Some will say the pros are cons and that the cons are pros, depends on which team you support, follow or work or volunteer for etc...

CONS

# Celtic and Rangers want a B team in Scottish football, there's no question
# Lowland clubs voted for two reasons and two reasons only, Self motivation and greed. The Lowland teams know they can make some money from these B clubs when they visit for a home match.
#  Sure I read it on the announcement statement from either  Ian Maxwell (SFA) or Neil Doncaster (SPFL) who said on the statement that they will get involved to see the progression and development of the Lowland league and Scottish football.  Which sounds great but to me this is worrying as I cant see them doing what's best for Lowland and leagues below.  Going off track on this point but personally and these are my views Its quite simplistic in what is to be done. SPFL2 and Lowland and Highland should have 2 automatic relegation and 3rd bottom in a playoff, the same obviously applied to promotion. This will complete the full Scottish pyramid system. 
# Lot of hatred for the Old firm from a lot in the lower leagues but in reality we should not let this cloud our judgement or should we, loll

PROS

# The B Teams, Celtic, Rangers and Hearts cannot be promoted or relegated. 
# The B teams, Celtic, Rangers and Hearts cannot play in any of the cups, (I'm still unsure about this but put it in the pros for now)
# This does not effect the promotion or relegation in Scottish football, as all teams trying to be promoted or avoid relegation will have to play Celtic, Rangers and Hearts home and away.
# The B teams are unquestionable in talent as they offer some of the best young technical footballing talent in the country and are using the league to bleed these young lads into men's football thus gaining valuable experience and the same goes for the Lowland league teams.
# Having spoken to a few coaches and committee people from a few Lowland teams they have all said it worked out well with Celtic and Rangers - money wise, crowd size and experience.

is this a PRO or CON

# team who voted yes or No for the Inclusion of B teams

I'm sure these lists are exhaustible but if you have any pro or con, please feel free to add or update.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

14 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

100%, voted no.

42 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I think the whole charade is questionable, although i have different reasons for most.

Some will say the pros are cons and that the cons are pros, depends on which team you support, follow or work or volunteer for etc...

CONS

# Celtic and Rangers want a B team in Scottish football, there's no question
# Lowland clubs voted for two reasons and two reasons only, Self motivation and greed. The Lowland teams know they can make some money from these B clubs when they visit for a home match.
#  Sure I read it on the announcement statement from either  Ian Maxwell (SFA) or Neil Doncaster (SPFL) who said on the statement that they will get involved to see the progression and development of the Lowland league and Scottish football.  Which sounds great but to me this is worrying as I cant see them doing what's best for Lowland and leagues below.  Going off track on this point but personally and these are my views Its quite simplistic in what is to be done. SPFL2 and Lowland and Highland should have 2 automatic relegation and 3rd bottom in a playoff, the same obviously applied to promotion. This will complete the full Scottish pyramid system. 
# Lot of hatred for the Old firm from a lot in the lower leagues but in reality we should not let this cloud our judgement or should we, loll

PROS

# The B Teams, Celtic, Rangers and Hearts cannot be promoted or relegated. 
# The B teams, Celtic, Rangers and Hearts cannot play in any of the cups, (I'm still unsure about this but put it in the pros for now)
# This does not effect the promotion or relegation in Scottish football, as all teams trying to be promoted or avoid relegation will have to play Celtic, Rangers and Hearts home and away.
# The B teams are unquestionable in talent as they offer some of the best young technical footballing talent in the country and are using the league to bleed these young lads into men's football thus gaining valuable experience and the same goes for the Lowland league teams.
# Having spoken to a few coaches and committee people from a few Lowland teams they have all said it worked out well with Celtic and Rangers - money wise, crowd size and experience.

is this a PRO or CON

# team who voted yes or No for the Inclusion of B teams

I'm sure these lists are exhaustible but if you have any pro or con, please feel free to add or update.

This is the bit that can most be filed under 'absolute bollocks'. 

Last season, the OF Colts mostly fielded strong teams and usually won. But, just occasionally, they were involved in some tournament or other in Europe, so fielded really weak teams in the Lowland League, allowing an easy win for the opposition. So if you were lucky you could get 3 points when you would otherwise have had no chance. 

That 1 fact alone, makes their inclusion a) an unacceptable farce, and b) the very opposite of sporting integrity.

The debate keeps being added to by people who take no account of what actually happened in the first season of this piss poor experiment 

8 minutes ago, Redcar said:

This is the bit that can most be filed under 'absolute bollocks'. 

Last season, the OF Colts mostly fielded strong teams and usually won. But, just occasionally, they were involved in some tournament or other in Europe, so fielded really weak teams in the Lowland League, allowing an easy win for the opposition. So if you were lucky you could get 3 points when you would otherwise have had no chance. 

That 1 fact alone, makes their inclusion a) an unacceptable farce, and b) the very opposite of sporting integrity.

The debate keeps being added to by people who take no account of what actually happened in the first season of this piss poor experiment 

Well if its not put out there, how can anyone know
For me, I'm going by my views and what others have said during their involvement of this.

I'm a bit unsure so with a team pulling players out to go to the A team is not sporting integrity.  I suppose the same could be said of all WOSFL, EOSFL, SOSFL and Lowland league B teams, (U20s teams) when the first team pull players out of important league matches and cup ties.

100% agree its an experiment but in reality of any experiment you need to learn from it

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

3 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Well if its not put out there, how can anyone know

It's pretty easy just remove the OF points. Next season with potential for closer races at top and bottom and a 3rd B team involved it might be even more varied.

The supposed fix for B teams playing weakened teams is they can now postpone games if they get enough International call ups. Non-league traditionally putting on their big games on international weekends to maximise crowds.

It would also mean pushing more games to midweeks when part-timers will be the ones struggling to put out their 1st choice teams.

image.png.0d12abb5a5d304d816182d755edf77d9.png