Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

12 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Stunning naivety from Spartans there. The review is already guaranteed to be a busted flush.

I don't think it's naivety - it's a handy straw man to allow LL scab clubs to blame big, bad League Two for sinking their daft wee reconstruction schemes (with Colt clubs in tow - absolute NAP).

They only voted them in for the longer term good of Scottish football, honest. 

28 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

Thanks very much.

But I'm confused. 4.2 says "Members shall be of two classes:- full members and registered members." with no mention of associated members. Where are they defined?

Do a ctrl + f - page 62, “associate member” means a club or association which is admitted as a full member in accordance with Article 6 at any time after the commencement of the 2019 Annual General Meeting and which, at the time of becoming a full member, is not entitled to play in the Scottish Professional Football League, the Scottish Highland Football League or the Scottish Lowland Football League during the Season in which it is admitted as a full member;

10 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Do a ctrl + f - page 62, “associate member” means a club or association which is admitted as a full member in accordance with Article 6 at any time after the commencement of the 2019 Annual General Meeting and which, at the time of becoming a full member, is not entitled to play in the Scottish Professional Football League, the Scottish Highland Football League or the Scottish Lowland Football League during the Season in which it is admitted as a full member;

Thanks very much!

23 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Completely disagree with having this "it is what it is" attitude to colts. Why not just take that attitude to the pyramid, or promotion and relegation. Ah well, L2 clubs don't want to open up promotion into tier 4. Best to try and make the best of it. Nope. If something isn't right, argue to change it.

I am absolutely all for a big review where everything is put on the table. The pyramid structure, promotion and relegation, youth development. Argue everything on it's merits. This cannot be be done properly when two clubs (with the power of veto) and the SFA or SPFL leadership are just using all of this as bargaining chips to suit the narrow agenda of two clubs. It's a ludicrous situation to be in and it's a catastrophic failure of leadership right across Scottish football.

But, not everyone is prepared to receive advice or accept change based on evidence or the merits of a proposal.  There's a parochial resistance to change in Scottish Football caused by self-interest at every level - hence the sluggish 'pyramid'. 

People will oppose B Teams even if it could be shown to work. 

There needs to be strong leadership by the SFA and professional clubs to make necessary and overdue changes.  Otherwise, the tail will continue to wag the dog in terms of decision making.     

1 hour ago, Vimto90 said:

I have always been pro better reconstruction but anything that makes it easier for my club to end up in that f*cking sham of a league can bolt now.

It doesn’t really matter which way you dress it up, this gives div 2 clubs another excuse to maintain their own self preservation agenda.

1 minute ago, Sparticus said:

Looks like the majority seem to be saying they were against the colts entry.

How can this be?

Because they all want to be popular, compare and contrast with the amount of clubs who put out statements after the relegation/promotion vote.

13 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

Looks like the majority seem to be saying they were against the colts entry.

How can this be?

Because it's all in your head 🤯

A majority would be 9 or more. It has been publicly stated that 8 voted against. Until such time as statements surpass 8 then there's nothing going on.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Because it's all in your head 🤯

A majority would be 9 or more. It has been publicly stated that 8 voted against. Until such time as statements surpass 8 then there's nothing going on.

Someone put a list of the eight up and Spartans weren't on it.Thats how its in my head lol.

On 07/06/2022 at 20:32, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Absolutely brilliant Tranent statement:

Hearts agreement to a "friendly" with Tranent has  now been withdrawn. Didn't take long for them  to get the hump and start acting like prima donnas.

Probably expected they would be made welcome with flags and applause.

Edited by Blue Brazil Forever
Add comment

10 hours ago, Sisimple said:

It was just Spartans was widely assumed to be one of the 8 clubs voting in favour of the colts - if they were against it then be a good few teams flip flopping on the issue - or some are lying about how they voted...

I would be quite shocked if Spartans were in favour of the colts...............considering Rangers International FC 2012 were favoured above them when a spot became available that year. 

On 08/06/2022 at 22:25, tamthebam said:

Why are Hearts Colts playing at Fergie Park when the Hearts training ground at Riccarton would be adequate for LL football? Can't they guarantee use of the ground at 3pm every other Saturday? Pretty tinpot if true 

Last time I went down to Fergie Park the pitch was looking very good but it's not a ground historically known for its drainage and I have my doubts about two teams sharing it 

Where you hearing Hearts are gonnae play in Rosewell? 

They have spent a fair bit money on the park that the season past was probs one of the 1st times there wasnt a game lost throughout the season.We did have a mild winter though.

So when you've had to fund floodlights as well as drainage to the park I can see where vital revenue might come from.

However if this is true itll take some convincing for me to retain my season ticket. 

8 hours ago, Che Dail said:

But, not everyone is prepared to receive advice or accept change based on evidence or the merits of a proposal.  There's a parochial resistance to change in Scottish Football caused by self-interest at every level - hence the sluggish 'pyramid'. 

People will oppose B Teams even if it could be shown to work. 

There needs to be strong leadership by the SFA and professional clubs to make necessary and overdue changes.  Otherwise, the tail will continue to wag the dog in terms of decision making.     

1. That isn't what strong leadership is. If you can't convince people and take them with you, you're not a good leader.

2. It's impossible to get changes through without the support of clubs. Thinking you can stamp your feet and whine about Colts without convincing enough clubs to support it is exactly why the attempts to get Colts into the SPFL have failed time after time.

Edited by Gordon EF

I was thinking a team could send their own reserves out against the B teams but then they'd be raging if it was only a coupla points difference in promotion/relgation, etc. There's now 18 points up for grabs against B teams who can have wildly different squads one week to the next due to the international call ups or injuries/suspensions at the first team. The LL was lucky Bonnyrigg ran away with it this year. A close run thing could see a team finish first because the times they played B teams they had players away for the international U21s/U19s whereas the team behind caught them at full strength.
The final league position did not include the points gained from the old firm last season or am I wrong?

2 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
On 07/06/2022 at 12:18, AsimButtHitsASix said:
I was thinking a team could send their own reserves out against the B teams but then they'd be raging if it was only a coupla points difference in promotion/relgation, etc. There's now 18 points up for grabs against B teams who can have wildly different squads one week to the next due to the international call ups or injuries/suspensions at the first team. The LL was lucky Bonnyrigg ran away with it this year. A close run thing could see a team finish first because the times they played B teams they had players away for the international U21s/U19s whereas the team behind caught them at full strength.

The final league position did not include the points gained from the old firm last season or am I wrong?

It did.