Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

3 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

If that's the case, it would make the collaborators:

Caledonian Braves
Cumbernauld Colts
East Kilbride
Gala Fairydean Rovers
Gretna 2008
Open Goal Broomhill
Spartans
Stirling University

Open to being corrected if any of those clubs want to clarify that they actually aren't among the quislings who allowed this, but every club who was in favour should be boycotted.

Worth noting that Berwick and East Stirling don't entirely get a pass here either having voted in favour of the two last season, but at least they're doing the right thing now no matter how late.

I would be very careful throwing accusations around until you all know the facts.

I have been reliably informed by my friends in the west at EK that they were 100% against the guest clubs being admitted for a 2nd year and would have voted accordingly

24 minutes ago, fatbadger442 said:

So, basically a statement of opposition to greater movement between tiers 4 & 5 on the basis of self-interest, then.  There's nothing to admire in that statement at all.

League 2 is as bad as the LL, another self interest organisation.

41 minutes ago, AlansHotBath said:

Either no punishment, or a points deduction that doesn't actually mean anything at the end of the season (at least until they manoeuvre the Colts into competing for real and being able to enter the promotion play-off).

Also of note - they appear to have removed the age requirements, or at least are no longer mentioning it alongside the above. I think this was also spotted in the initial pitch to have colts for another season earlier in the year. 

The age requirement was in the statement, 17 to under 21.

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

17-21 gets used but not in a way that suggests a rule around it. Or are you suggesting they can no longer player 16 years old as they have done this season?

Not sure, was just pointing out that the age was mentioned in the statement.

From Open Goal Podcast FC to the Colt Teams shenanigans and everything else inbetween. This league is an absolute head mash and we haven't even played in it yet. Suppose it's just a case of sit back and enjoy the ride...

Edited by Omnishambles

2 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Ok, the division 2 clubs of the organisation known as the SPFL are every bit as bad.

In terms of self-interest, absolutely they are. At least they haven't sold out their league as a creche... yet.

53 minutes ago, mrman2011 said:

A good argument, No abuse (As you have a good deal of intelligence unlike others in this thread) You make a good case.  But Scotland needs to be different and think outside the box to ensure more development of players  

So, to you, thinking outside the box is copying the systems of the only three European countries of our stature who have failed to qualify for a WC this century?

Thinking outside the box doesn't mean copying other nation's failures hoping it works for us. 

2 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Not sure, was just pointing out that the age was mentioned in the statement.

But any age requirements or restrictions are not. The only tangibile squad requirement detailed in the statement is the 7 starters eligible for Scotland.

56 minutes ago, mrman2011 said:

A good argument, No abuse (As you have a good deal of intelligence unlike others in this thread) You make a good case.  But Scotland needs to be different and think outside the box to ensure more development of players  

Shut up you tit.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

But I already explicitly said in my post that there would be no prospect of additional relegations at the end of 2022/23 under any realistic proposal anyway. It will either be a simple change to the promotion play-off, which would only come into play for 2023/24 anyway, or an expansion of the SPFL via promotion.

Presumably clubs and teams will be promoted and relegated as seasons go by so, if B teams are allowed into the SPFL the inevitable consequence will be that clubs will be relegated at some time in the future when they wouldn't have without changes to the SPFL and Lowland Leagues arrangements.

This, of course, assumes that B teams results will count towards the final league tables.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

He already excluded additional relegations.

No-one has yet seen the proposals. Killie is making certain assumptions (and, in time, he may be proved to be right) which differ from those which I am currently making.

Without seeing the proposals we are left with that situation.

The Stenhousemuir chairman, who @Benidorm referred to as an "Orange Lodge fuckwit" who would welcome B sides into the system, appears to be fully against.

I'd like to think clubs at that level would be making angry representations to the SPFL and SFA regarding their deceitful involvement in using member clubs, without their knowledge, as an enticement to the LL group who lack any football history in buying their support for B teams.

2 hours ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

The SFA/SPFL  role in this fiasco is looking increasingly grubby and deceptive.

For me that is the biggest concern. In my naivety I had thought that last season's inclusion of Colts was mainly down to the lowland league. But it now seems clear that this being pushed by the SFA / SPFL which is far more of a worry

1 hour ago, Stag Nation said:

"All general meetings" includes the AGM.

If you're really sure, can you point us to the relevant Article(s)?

Yes, I am absolutely sure.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/8291/sfa_handbook-2021-22_digital.pdf

4.6 and 4.8 refer on page 71.  New members below tier 5 are classed as Associate members.

Edited by Burnieman

18 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

So, to you, thinking outside the box is copying the systems of the only three European countries of our stature who have failed to qualify for a WC this century?

Thinking outside the box doesn't mean copying other nation's failures hoping it works for us. 

It would be reasonable to compare against clubs and cities of a 'similar stature' rather than comparing countries by population.

Quantities of people in urban areas (critical mass) tend to sustain successful football clubs (eg 50k season ticket holders + global reach).  It is football clubs and not countries working day to day with elite young players in a professional environment, and paying for it.  

None of the countries in your list are strong by club co-efficient (reflecting the strength of their leagues + top clubs):

17. Norway, 18. Denmark, 19. Croatia, 30. Slovakia, 35. Bosnia & Herzegovina, 36. Finland, 40. Ireland, 47. Georgia

Do many of these countries feature clubs of 'stature'?

Compared to the top 10:

1. England, 2. Spain, 3. Italy, 4. Germany, 5. France, 6. Portugal, 7. Netherlands, 8. Austria, 9. Scotland, 10. Russia

Those in bold feature B teams in their league structures (Italy has 1): it is quite normal, and most operate at T2 or T3 in the pyramid.  The top 5 clubs in the English league feature several top class European players with B team experience.

As shown across Europe there is nothing inherently wrong with the concept of B-Teams but if implemented properly in Scotland they should not be so far down the order as the Lowland League.  They should be part of the Professional Game - which realistically is T2.  

It is time for a wholescale review of the league structure from top to bottom.  We currently have a trickle of promotion / relegation between leagues which is not adequate.  The structure is not shaped like a pyramid - it is a column. 

There's not much between the top WoSFL and EoSFL clubs and those in L2 or L1, certainly when it comes to potential - and many of the towns and clubs are of 'similar stature'. 

There is a volume of clubs who could operate competitively at T3 if the structure broadened out at that level to accommodate them - again, this is something you typically see across Europe in various league structures.

4 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

If that's the case, it would make the collaborators:

Caledonian Braves
Cumbernauld Colts
East Kilbride
Gala Fairydean Rovers
Gretna 2008
Open Goal Broomhill
Spartans
Stirling University

Open to being corrected if any of those clubs want to clarify that they actually aren't among the quislings who allowed this, but every club who was in favour should be boycotted.

Worth noting that Berwick and East Stirling don't entirely get a pass here either having voted in favour of the two last season, but at least they're doing the right thing now no matter how late.

Diddy teams. I hate Cumbernauld passionately for having fucking ‘colts’ in their name, I cringe every time I see it written down. Gretna will go down so get it up them and Broomhill will go bust when the shitey podcast thing collapses. Caldeonian Braves is just a collective of uber staunch fannies who dont make quite enough money to have any influence at Rangers so started this outfit. 

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

5 clubs with about 100 fans combined.  Standard they'll want to bend over and take the Old Firm length.

Most of them are Rangers and Celtic fans really, many dont make any attempt to hide it. 

1 hour ago, fatbadger442 said:

So, basically a statement of opposition to greater movement between tiers 4 & 5 on the basis of self-interest, then.  There's nothing to admire in that statement at all.

The Stenny guy wanted relegation from League 2 suspended for 3 seasons to help clubs "recover from Covid". He's a charlatan.