Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Caledonian Braves
Cumbernauld Colts
East Kilbride
Gala Fairydean Rovers
Gretna 2008
Open Goal Broomhill
Spartans
Stirling University

As far as I can see not one of them has attempted to justify or explain their vote.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

If that's the case, it would make the collaborators:

Caledonian Braves
Cumbernauld Colts

East Kilbride
Gala Fairydean Rovers
Gretna 2008
Open Goal Broomhill

Spartans
Stirling University

Open to being corrected if any of those clubs want to clarify that they actually aren't among the quislings who allowed this, but every club who was in favour should be boycotted.

Worth noting that Berwick and East Stirling don't entirely get a pass here either having voted in favour of the two last season, but at least they're doing the right thing now no matter how late.

5 clubs with about 100 fans combined.  Standard they'll want to bend over and take the Old Firm length.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Braves "fans" voted for guest teams. Then voted against the 19 team league. Don't appear to have held a vote on the 16 or 19 porposal. Maybe one of their many members can confirm :whistle

They are a club of contradictions.

images.jpeg.jpg

They've booked a hall for an EGM.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

32 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

You can't disadvantage teams, but I don't see why any club would object to being given a promotion.

I agree to an extent, nonetheless, I can see clubs in League Two objecting to a change in the structure of their league, especially if it is designed to eventually include Colt sides. As we have seen this week, it doesn't matter if a league under the auspices of the SFA reneges on an arrangement set down to assure clubs that a particular set of circumstances won't come about.

2 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I agree to an extent, nonetheless, I can see clubs in League Two objecting to a change in the structure of their league, especially if it is designed to eventually include Colt sides. As we have seen this week, it doesn't matter if a league under the auspices of the SFA reneges on an arrangement set down to assure clubs that a particular set of circumstances won't come about.

Well done to the Stenny Chairman for his statements about the SFA/SPFL  role in admission of three colts teams to the LL and the latest promise about league reconstruction made without any consultation with clubs.

Maybe someone can post a URL.

34 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

One of the conditions of entry for the gang of 3 is:-     At least 7 players who qualify for Scotland. What happens submit a copy of the players birth certificate with the team sheet???  And who is going to police that condition? and what will the punishment be for any club that break the rule?

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

And "qualify" doesn't mean they'll choose Scotland. For example, Rangers could easily find a Northern Irish lad who sees himself as Northern Irish and will always play for NI over Scotland, but he'd still be eligible to be counted as one of the 7 who qualify if he just has one Scottish grandparent...

12 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Well done to the Stenny Chairman for his statements about the SFA/SPFL  role in admission of three colts teams to the LL and the latest promise about league reconstruction made without any consultation with clubs.

Maybe someone can post a URL.

This?

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/celtic/spfl-chairman-hits-out-at-bribe-and-backroom-deals-over-colts-teams-as-he-makes-reconstruction-claim-3723752

29 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

The League 2 clubs would have had to have voted any such reconstruction through for it to take place though.

5 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The SFA/SPFL  role in this fiasco is looking increasingly grubby and deceptive.

On 06/06/2022 at 15:48, AsimButtHitsASix said:

European countries with a population (roughly) within 25% of our own: Denmark, Finland, Slovakia, Norway, Ireland, Croatia, Georgia and Bosnie & Herzegovina.

Our last WC appearance was in 1998. In that time Finland, Norway and Georgia have all failed to qualify as well. The Finnish, Norwegian and Georgian leagues all have B teams in the league system. So having B teams does not work for them.

Denmark's best WC performance in that time was the last 16 which they have managed twice. They also don't have B teams so we can't put down their successes to B teams.

Slovakia also made the the last 16 in 2010. They do have B teams! The success you've been clinging onto... not really. Not a single member of their 2010 squad played B team football in Slovakia. 

Ireland also made the last 16 back in 2002. Again... the League of Ireland doesn't have B teams. 

Bosnia made the 2014 group stage and have very limited B team involvement at the lowest part of their pyramid. Once again. No-one in that squad came through Bosnian B teams. 

Croatia, tho', are an anomoly aint they? Tiny country but made the final in 2018 (they never made it past the group stages since 1998 and even failed to qualify one year so that final could be argued as an outlier) but I digress. Clearly the most successful nation who Scotland can compare themselves to in population. They do have B teams so that must be the link as well? No. None of their silver medal winning squad played regular football for B teams in Croatia either.

Aint it weird? Almost as tho' B teams have no relevance to these countries success at international football.

A good argument, No abuse (As you have a good deal of intelligence unlike others in this thread) You make a good case.  But Scotland needs to be different and think outside the box to ensure more development of players  

1 hour ago, bravehearts dad said:

One of the conditions of entry for the gang of 3 is:-     At least 7 players who qualify for Scotland. What happens submit a copy of the players birth certificate with the team sheet???  And who is going to police that condition? and what will the punishment be for any club that break the rule?

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Either no punishment, or a points deduction that doesn't actually mean anything at the end of the season (at least until they manoeuvre the Colts into competing for real and being able to enter the promotion play-off).

Also of note - they appear to have removed the age requirements, or at least are no longer mentioning it alongside the above. I think this was also spotted in the initial pitch to have colts for another season earlier in the year. 

Hopefully that's L1 and L2 clubs utterly hardened against any reconstruction that would increase promotion spots for the LL.

The silver lining is that over the next few years, it'll likely be that the majority of mickey mouse clubs who voted for this who'll be relegated and replaced with real football clubs.

1 hour ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

I hope and expect that some or all LL member clubs put forward an early motion of no confidence in the chairman.

You and I both support clubs that voted against the proposal. We need to put presure on our boards to do just that.

19 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Absolutely sure.  The only clubs below tier 5 that can vote are those that were already members before it was changed.

This is the AGM, not General Meetings.

"All general meetings" includes the AGM.

If you're really sure, can you point us to the relevant Article(s)?

55 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

So, basically a statement of opposition to greater movement between tiers 4 & 5 on the basis of self-interest, then.  There's nothing to admire in that statement at all.

16 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Hopefully that's L1 and L2 clubs utterly hardened against any reconstruction that would increase promotion spots for the LL.

The silver lining is that over the next few years, it'll likely be that the majority of mickey mouse clubs who voted for this who'll be relegated and replaced with real football clubs.

This is true. Gretna, Gala,, Silly Name Broomhill etc should all go down over the next few season. Sadly, we may lose the likes of Dalbeattie and Edinburgh Uni, who voted against. But they will all be replaced by clubs who should have the right view. It isn't, I don't think, a coincidence that every club that has entered the LL from either above or below - Berwick, Shire, Bonnyrigg, Cowdenbeath Tranent, Bo'ness - are/have been opposed.

Unfortunately, I think that the SFA and the LL board are working on a longer term strategy that is going to normalise B team involvement and its concretising in the "Pyramid Review" that will mean it continues to happen, whatever the view of the member clubs.

Edited by fatbadger442

How utterley depressing this situation is.

The opening of the pyramid has been a big shining light in Scottish football in recent years to get away from the non event two horse (Weenjoybringingreligionintofootball)title race that will happen here forevermore

Now they’re ruining the lower leagues.

Pretty much sickened.

Edited by Sparticus