Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

25 minutes ago, Marten said:

As far as I know, Bo'ness are against too. Last year, Edinburgh Uni and Dalbeattie Star voted against B-teams, so at a guess, they are the last 2 clubs. I could be wrong obviously, but that makes the good guys list:

Cowdenbeath
Tranent
Civil Service Strollers
Berwick Rangers
East Stirlingshire
Bo'ness United
Dalbeattie Star
Edinburgh University

If that's the case, it would make the collaborators:

Caledonian Braves
Cumbernauld Colts
East Kilbride
Gala Fairydean Rovers
Gretna 2008
Open Goal Broomhill
Spartans
Stirling University

Open to being corrected if any of those clubs want to clarify that they actually aren't among the quislings who allowed this, but every club who was in favour should be boycotted.

Worth noting that Berwick and East Stirling don't entirely get a pass here either having voted in favour of the two last season, but at least they're doing the right thing now no matter how late.

6 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Braves "fans" voted for guest teams. Then voted against the 19 team league. Don't appear to have held a vote on the 16 or 19 porposal. Maybe one of their many members can confirm :whistle

They are a club of contradictions.

This is the problem I have. Teams pick and choose when they want to be popular, statements about particular issues when it suits, but you don’t hear from them when it’s an unpopular vote.

9 hours ago, Dev said:

This is something which anyone interested in improving the promotion/relegation situation with the SPFL2 and with the LL should be really concerned about. You cannot have change by the start of 23/24 unless it is all sorted and approved a season ahead. Clubs have to know which position in the league table means promotion/safety/relegation before a league season even starts. Sounds like they won't even start "talking" until after the start of 22/23 at the earliest so there's built in delay even if anything could be agreed. This sounds like a cooked up plan with the ball kicked into the long grass for as long as possible.

If the change only relates to increased relegation and promotion then it absolutely can be introduced for 2023/24 at any point up until about June 2023. Likewise if the change only relates to expansion of the SPFL League 2 by adding a selection of Highland and Lowland League teams (or B teams), because again you've got to assume that any club is going to try to finish as high as possible in the league anyway, given that there are Challenge Cup places available.

The only way I'd say you'd have to introduce a year's lag would be if there were additional relegation places being introduced immediately (ie teams dropping out of League 1/League 2 at the end of 2022/23, and I can't see that actually being proposed.

Edited by craigkillie

23 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Caledonian Braves
Cumbernauld Colts
East Kilbride
Gala Fairydean Rovers
Gretna 2008
Open Goal Broomhill
Spartans
Stirling University

A list of clubs with about 11 supporters between them. 

22 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

A list of clubs with about 11 supporters between them. 

Precisely the problem. The shit clubs. And the ones with the most interest in not letting well-supported clubs from the EoS and WoS into the league, not coincidentally.

24 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

If the change only relates to increased relegation and promotion then it absolutely can be introduced for 2023/24 at any point up until about June 2023. Likewise if the change only relates to expansion of the SPFL League 2 by adding a selection of Highland and Lowland League teams (or B teams), because again you've got to assume that any club is going to try to finish as high as possible in the league anyway, given that there are Challenge Cup places available.

The only way I'd say you'd have to introduce a year's lag would be if there were additional relegation places being introduced immediately (ie teams dropping out of League 1/League 2 at the end of 2022/23, and I can't see that actually being proposed.

I  don't agree with your thoughts. You cannot move the goal-posts once the league season has started.

Just now, Dev said:

I  don't agree with your thoughts. You cannot move the goal-posts once the league season has started.

You can't disadvantage teams, but I don't see why any club would object to being given a promotion.

19 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

The LL, EOS, SOS, WOS should all be under one organisation IMO. There's absolutely f**k all accountability to allow the LL make the rules up as they go and SFA sure as shit won't do it.

Then you would have the whole of the Lowland area under the control of the West - just based on numbers of clubs.

52 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Caledonian Braves
Cumbernauld Colts
East Kilbride
Gala Fairydean Rovers
Gretna 2008
Open Goal Broomhill
Spartans
Stirling University

Open to being corrected if any of those clubs want to clarify that they actually aren't among the quislings who allowed this, but every club who was in favour should be boycotted.

Worth noting that Berwick and East Stirling don't entirely get a pass here either having voted in favour of the two last season, but at least they're doing the right thing now no matter how late.

So let's tweeting or emailing them, asking them to confirm which way they voted.

Also  suspect that the draft plans already exist. It would be helpful for all clubs and leagues to have immediate access to such plans for consideration.

Edited by Dev

4 minutes ago, Dev said:

Thinking about additional relegations.

But I already explicitly said in my post that there would be no prospect of additional relegations at the end of 2022/23 under any realistic proposal anyway. It will either be a simple change to the promotion play-off, which would only come into play for 2023/24 anyway, or an expansion of the SPFL via promotion.

Another thing I don't get is why are they allowed to play home games at Dumbarton, Whitehill Welfare, Airdrie etc as opposed to Ibrox or Parkhead? I thought the whole point is to prepare them for eventual top level football, not provide a glimpse into their futures as lower league jobbers. It just goes to show thick these LL busy bodies are. They have a trip to Ibrox or Parkhead in front of thousands in their heads when in reality its Dumbarton in front of hundreds.

Also the fact the arsecheek derby is given special treatment and gets moved to the main stadiums is just comical. How about then any time a team draws either in the cup they just lease out Hampden for a "home game"? The LL have shown its that simple eh?

This is the worst run league I've seen anywhere. Jumpers for goalposts shite.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

But I already explicitly said in my post that there would be no prospect of additional relegations at the end of 2022/23 under any realistic proposal anyway. It will either be a simple change to the promotion play-off, which would only come into play for 2023/24 anyway, or an expansion of the SPFL via promotion.

how does this affect the team you support just asking no malice intended.

5 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Normal expectation on a tied vote is that the status quo prevails. So is story is true the Chair behaved utterly disgracefully 

I hope and expect that some or all LL member clubs put forward an early motion of no confidence in the chairman.

One of the conditions of entry for the gang of 3 is:-     At least 7 players who qualify for Scotland. What happens submit a copy of the players birth certificate with the team sheet???  And who is going to police that condition? and what will the punishment be for any club that break the rule?

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

1 minute ago, judge macbrayne said:

how does this affect the team you support just asking no malice intended.

I am posting as someone with a general interest in Scottish football and a long-term interest in the non-leagues and their structure.

In terms of how it would specifically affect Killie, there are a few ways. First of all, I have no interest in us ever playing against B teams in the league, and I think the Old Firm would quite happily have them up to the Championship or at least League 1, which means it's not inconceivable we could be in the same league as them at some point in the next 50 years. It also means that those clubs get to hoard talent, which makes it more difficult for my club to sign good players, and also in my opinion damages the prospects of the national team. Finally, any changes to the SPFL would impact on the financial distribution, which means that most likely my club are going to be impacted negatively in that respect.