Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

Shocking decision from the league members to allow 3 colt teams to buy there way in. 
Didn’t think it could get any worse than the farce of letting the old firm in last year but they have managed to go one better.

You have teams in the tiers bellow, bursting there arse over a season to earn a chance of getting promoted. Clubs jumping through hoops just to get there liecences in place. And these cnuts just swan in with a bribe payment. No wonder league 2 will never open up direct promotion when the lowland conducts itself like this.

The leauge deserves every bit of ridicule and hate thats coming its way.

Turned into a joke. So dissapointing yet completely predictable to watch it unfold like this.

Im sure east kilbride would have been one of the driving forces behind it. They have been in the past. Fucking let downs.

Edited by johnmc80

What do these rats even want from their involvement in football.

Decent clubs want to represent their community and do their best to put a winning team on the pitch each week.   Voting for this serves neither. It’s incomprehensible to me how you can sell that out just so you can enjoy a couple hours similar to just buying a hospitality package?

1 minute ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Sorry who are the 8 teams who voted against it

Tranent
Cowdenbeath

Anyone else know who the other 6 are ?

Civil service are confirmed good guys.

Neil Doncaster, Chief Executive, SPFL, added:

“The SPFL will commit our energies to a process that will explore options and, hopefully, allow us to move forward various aspects of our game that only benefit of 2 or 3 of our 42 member clubs while fucking over Scottish football as a whole.”

^ Fixed that word salad for you, Cockwomble ^

I see the LL blazers are peddling the "it's just for one season" pish again too.  Do they honestly think fans believe a word they say?  Bloody charlatans.

Edited by Slipmat

3 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

"recommendations published ahead of the 23/24 season" is deliberately vague and is non committal to actual change.

The best case scenario coming from the above would be a vote sometime in the 23/24 season that would mean teams playing in the 24/25 season would know where their league position would see them playing in 25/26.

So minimum of 4 years to open up the pyramid......and even then it needs to get past the rigged SPFL voting structure.

This is something which anyone interested in improving the promotion/relegation situation with the SPFL2 and with the LL should be really concerned about. You cannot have change by the start of 23/24 unless it is all sorted and approved a season ahead. Clubs have to know which position in the league table means promotion/safety/relegation before a league season even starts. Sounds like they won't even start "talking" until after the start of 22/23 at the earliest so there's built in delay even if anything could be agreed. This sounds like a cooked up plan with the ball kicked into the long grass for as long as possible.

There needs to be change at the top of the SFA. It should be one member one vote at AGMs. End of.

48 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Sorry who are the 8 teams who voted against it

Tranent
Cowdenbeath

Anyone else know who the other 6 are ?

We can assume, I think, that the clubs that we know were opposed to *any* guest clubs are in the list of those voting against letting 3 in. Of the current members, that includes CSS, Berwick, and Shire. 

16 hours ago, Connor7 said:

Being reported that the vote was 8-8 but the chairman had the final say.

Not sure how much truth is in that, but certainly wouldn’t surprise me.

Normal expectation on a tied vote is that the status quo prevails. So is story is true the Chair behaved utterly disgracefully 

A tinpot league.

I always maintained I'd follow my team when they inevitably go to the Lowland League but not a chance if it's still in its current guise of whoring itself out to the Old Firm pound while locking out the teams from below with ambition.

Utterly embarrassing.

2 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Normal expectation on a tied vote is that the status quo prevails. So is story is true the Chair behaved utterly disgracefully 

That's what most people would expect.

The board is meant to be down to just the Chairman and Vice-Chairman as well. If the Vice-Chair is still Graeme Mullin, he was talking about standing down the other week on Twitter. I think that shows how contentious this has all been and choosing to drag it out for another season will continue that.

8 hours ago, fatbadger442 said:

We can assume, I think, that the clubs that we know were opposed to *any* guest clubs are in the list of those voting against letting 3 in. Of the current members, that includes CSS, Berwick, and Shire. 

As far as I know, Bo'ness are against too. Last year, Edinburgh Uni and Dalbeattie Star voted against B-teams, so at a guess, they are the last 2 clubs. I could be wrong obviously, but that makes the good guys list:

Cowdenbeath
Tranent
Civil Service Strollers
Berwick Rangers
East Stirlingshire
Bo'ness United
Dalbeattie Star
Edinburgh University