Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

For the record, this is a shambolic decision and Heart of Midlothian are firmly in my list of arsehole clubs.

The only silver lining (and a very thin one at that) is those who claimed folk were only against B teams as it was the Old Firm can now see that not everything's about them and SPFL reserve teams in the pyramid is a farce regardless of the club involved.

Very much looking forward to Hearts getting manhandled by Flora Tallin this season.

Looking at what's been agreed it begs practical questions not only about what happens but also about WHEN. Part of what it says goes:

Following a positive vote, the plan commits to the following:

• Celtic, Heart of Midlothian and Rangers will join the Lowland League for season 2022/23, creating a 19-team league for one season only. This will result in a 36-game fixture calendar.
  • The Scottish FA will lead on a review of the pyramid structure, with recommendations proposed ahead of the 2023/24 season.

If it is for "ONE SEASON ONLY" then the "RECOMMENDATIONS PROPOSED AHEAD OF THE 2023/24 SEASON" part doesn't make sense. This is because it suggests that the recommendations would come into being in time for the start of the 2023/24 season. To do that they need to be agreed ahead of the start of the 2022/23 season. This is standard practice. That's why leagues have AGM's etc to make changes to the structures, rules, regulations etc.. It is so that clubs/teams know what they are playing for i.e. promotions and relegations. This is even more important if there's to be any sort of restructuring of any of the upper leagues in the Pyramid.

The other take on what's been published is that it simply isn't for one more season at all because of the reasons shown above so it has to be for after 2023/24.

Either there's something not been said or someone who drafted the agreed plan does understand the usual rules and regs or ..........?

1 hour ago, Benidorm said:

This is it 100 percent. There's no one who can tell me that the likes of the above and the Orange Lodge fuckwit at Stenny with 50-100k as the cherry bunged on top are saying no to the B sides.

I'm wondering who you are meaning here? The guy who has a PR company that did work for the Lodge I'm assuming? Not that I condone any connections to that organisation, but that was a commercial decision. Money for old rope, as there is no way of giving the Lodge a better reputation than they have  🙄

The boycott of LL clubs continues for me, I was hoping this time they'd see sense.

13 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Lowland League are absolute shitebags. Kick them out of the promotion playoff, please.

Multiple people keep saying this, but it will not happen now that the SFA and SPFL are openly backing it.

They included them in the Challenge Cup and said that would be the end of it.

They included them in the LL last season and said that would be the end of it.

They now say this next development is "one season" only.

How thick do they think people are?

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

What a fucking diddy league, a club run by a group of arseholes who run a podcast, another one run by rangers fans who built their club on charging french teenagers to play. Lets face it there absolutely is corruption afoot, i wonder how much was in the brown envelopes this year? 
Bypassing dozens of better clubs in the leagues below just so all the staunch club blazers can drink out the loving cup and get a picture with a cardboard cut out of gazza or something. Get it so far to f**k. 

Celtic are in it as well mate ....

49 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

What an absolute shambles of a league. Integrity and fairness out the window. 8-8 tie apparently, with chairman giving casting vote. Stinks of hypocrisy and nepotism.

The slush fund has now reached 220k. Now the board can purchase Blazers in the colour of their choice with gold braid.

In truth they are parcel of rogues

Edited by boheesian

Only positive is that it will likely be a “yes” voter relegated from the LL this year, and the team promoted will likely be a “no” voter - so it should be a 9-7 vote to reject them for next year, with further such movement in voting preference in future years also?

13 minutes ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Only positive is that it will likely be a “yes” voter relegated from the LL this year, and the team promoted will likely be a “no” voter - so it should be a 9-7 vote to reject them for next year, with further such movement in voting preference in future years also?

Hmmm... it'll be 9-7 (in theory) about having three B teams in the league. I still think there will be a majority lapping up the Old Firm B teams coming to town

Why not just make a bigoted arsecheeks league? Rangers, Celtic, their B & C teams and their U-21s could all play one another endlessly and the rest of us could get on with our footballing lives unhindered by the knuckledragging c***s.

Lower league fans absolutely do not want colt teams in the pyramid set up but (some) chairmen are not listening, and the proposed "Pyramid Review" will bear very close watching. You watch them open up relegation / promotion a bit with the price being allowing B teams to be promoted into the top four leagues. That will be the death knell of lower league football as it is. So many have said that they will never go back if Colt teams are admitted.

The football authorities are seemingly consumingly obsessd with forcing this through in the teeth of fan opposition and benefit from a craven media, who neither know nor care about the lower league clubs, or the integrity of the different competitions. Some of the simpleton coverage of this issue in the papers and on the radio has been beyind infuriating.

I said before when the "Colts" were attempting to jemmy their way into League Two that the authorities have calculated that they can ignore the 10,000 or so who watch the ten games in Leagues 1&2 of a Saturday, and really don't care if the majority turn their back on the competition. It would be easier to accept if it was some kind of attempt to improve the game in Scotland and revenues available- evidence shows that it has nothing to do with either.

It is so wearing to be presented with the same deceitful arguments, the same easily-demolished insincerity, and a determination to press ahead with this utterly crap idea despite all the evidence so far (very poor attendances for Colt games and no measurable effect on sponsorship revenue or media interest). The same goes for the gutless and pathetic chairmen of Lowland League clubs who can be bought for pennies. The Lowland League was a bold step when it started up- actually I have no real problem with Caledonian, Broomhill etc- they wanted in when the juniors sat on their hands and scoffed. However this charade has completely destroyed it in terms of its integrity.

Sadly I fear a lot of us will be watching a lot more of what used to be called the juniors by the middle of this decade. They just will not give this up.

5 hours ago, Burnieman said:

This league has lost any sense of what is right and what is wrong.  It's also clear that the SFA have been backing this as well, facilitating clubs bribing their way into Tier 5.  You have to also remember that SFA members below Tier 5 have no vote and no voice at SFA AGM.

Don't hold your breath on a "complete review of the Pyramid".

Are you sure about that? The SFA Articles of Association say:

"40.1 Each full member shall be entitled to appoint one representative to attend all general meetings, ..."

and "45.4 Every member entitled to be represented at general meetings shall have one vote"

11 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

Are you sure about that? The SFA Articles of Association say:

"40.1 Each full member shall be entitled to appoint one representative to attend all general meetings, ..."

and "45.4 Every member entitled to be represented at general meetings shall have one vote"

Absolutely sure.  The only clubs below tier 5 that can vote are those that were already members before it was changed.

This is the AGM, not General Meetings.