Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Think you'd be amazed how easily their opinions can be changed if enough pressure is applied and enough money is offered.

That didn't work to shoehorn Sevco into the Championship and so it's highly unlikely to work for their absolutely pointless 'Colt' team. 

2 minutes ago, Clinically Proven said:

League full of pointless pathetic clubs. Cumbernauld Boys Club, Open Goal Alloa, the Caledonian Braves conmen for starters....

If colt teams pave the way to having at least two clubs relegated each season through the review of the pyramid those clubs will be flushed out of the LL more quickly. Would be ironic if it was their votes that secured that outcome, but getting reconstruction through the SPFL's voting system is close to mission impossible.

17 minutes ago, Connor7 said:

Being reported that the vote was 8-8 but the chairman had the final say.

Not sure how much truth is in that, but certainly wouldn’t surprise me.

Shambles if true. Those clubs that voted to allow this debacle to continue for another season should be ashamed of themselves. Voting the colts in for what? £7,500 - short term gain? Hope they get relegated one by one since the LL will probably never agree to 2 or 3 down each season. And is there no way they can vote the charlaton of a Chair out? Absolute no backbone at all.

Just now, TheScarf said:

Merge the EOS, WOS and SOS and make that the new tier 5.  Get the LL to utter f**k.

I agree with the sentiment, but as the SFA is fully in on this disgraceful plan, that's not going to happen... :( 

12 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

...who have Nairn and Clach colt teams playing in the NCL next season, which could prevent a licensed club being able to access the playoffs for promotion into the HL if one of them wins that league.

Very unlikely given that Nairn came well down the table last season. If any licensed club came below the Nairn or Clach U20s I coudn't see them surviving long in the Highland League anyway, or even winning the playoff. The NCL has traditionally hosted HL reserve sides, it used to be known as the Highland Reserve League.

19 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

...who have Nairn and Clach colt teams playing in the NCL next season, which could prevent a licensed club being able to access the playoffs for promotion into the HL if one of them wins that league.

I'm pretty sure in that scenario the best licenced club will be nominated for the HL playoffs, because Clach and Nairn Bs are ineligible for promotion.  It doesn't happen when Golspie don't win the league (the season just finished for example)as they are allowed to be promoted, but just didn't win the league.  Fort William will be in the same boat.  If Clach and Nairn finish 1st and 2nd and Fort 3rd, Fort will be put forward for the play off.

58 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I'm a man of few entrenched political opinions, but those I hold are really fucking entrenched! I am never going to stop believing, for example, that people who voted No in 2014 and Yes in 2016 are thick b*****ds; but I have the tact not to say/write this all the time, and believe that we need to find a way of reaching out to these people and convincing them of the error of their ways. Somehow.

It seems to me that the ongoing discussions of the Juniorocalypse have been reminiscent of this - we're now in the 3rd/4th(?) year of bleating about the Lowland League and it's "glorified boys clubs"/east coast conspiracy against all the fantastic "big" clubs shut out from it by supporters, and indeed representatives, of clubs who refused to engage with it in the first place. Perhaps a more conciliatory approach to the LL would have resulted in a less defensive bunker mentality on it's part, even a willingness to listen to others. Nor are they alone in their venality. Putting aside the more obvious examples, Partick and Brechin's whining about their recent respective relegations were both disappointing in otherwise sensible clubs.

It's probably too late to persuade the LL to change, sadly.

Seems like you're just not a fan of democracy in any means. Russia might be more up your street mate

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I'm pretty sure in that scenario the best licenced club will be nominated for the HL playoffs, ....

An NCL league officeholder has already posted on here to confirm that's not the case. Stranraer Reserves have already blocked possible playoff participation by licensed clubs in an SoS context.

11 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I'm pretty sure in that scenario the best licenced club will be nominated for the HL playoffs, because Clach and Nairn Bs are ineligible for promotion.  It doesn't happen when Golspie don't win the league (the season just finished for example)as they are allowed to be promoted, but just didn't win the league.  Fort William will be in the same boat.  If Clach and Nairn finish 1st and 2nd and Fort 3rd, Fort will be put forward for the play off.

Nope, only a licensed champion can enter the play offs, I checked with a man who knows, @NiallFH. There's next to zero chance of the Clach or Nairn u20's coming top anyway, Nairn won 5 games last season.

Edited by welshbairn

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Very unlikely given that Nairn came well down the table last season. If any licensed club came below the Nairn or Clach U20s I coudn't see them surviving long in the Highland League anyway, or even winning the playoff. The NCL has traditionally hosted HL reserve sides, it used to be known as the Highland Reserve League.

Also, as much as I'm against any B-teams in the pyramid, at least these are at the bottom, where any new side should start!

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Nope, only a licensed champion can enter the play offs, I checked with a man who knows, @NiallFH. There's next to zero chance of the Clach or Nairn u20's coming top anyway.

Aye true, I take it that's the case if the OF or Hearts youths win the LL as well?