Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

5 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Utter pish.  The worst thing is seeing all the Old Firm idiots on Twitter proclaiming this to be a brilliant decision.  

People thinking this move will have any bearing whatsoever on the standard of Scottish football are monstrously thick.

I'd love it if the clubs just refused to play them.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

26 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Strollers confirmed to be a great bunch of lads. 

...but maybe not for the same reasons you opposed it. CSS are very much in the bad guys camp where expanding relegation at the bottom of the LL is concerned. If the SFA and SPFL are now seriously exploring whether and how to further open up promotion opportunities into the SPFL the founding clique of former EoS/SoS/youth clubs won't be able to link a lack of progress on that issue to doing nothing where promotion for both the WoS and EoS champions is concermed.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

2 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

How on earth can any one respect the integrity  of the pyramid ? Maybe, as has happened before, like minded clubs should set up a breakaway League.

That will never happen. With the SFA now openly backing this then there is zero chance of them ratifying any breakaway league.

Edited by Pyramid Watcher

Direction of travel is quite clearly B teams in the SPFL for 23-24... wonder how this particular turd will be sculpted into a tasty-looking burger for the L1/2 sides? They must have some scheme that will push it through.

Edited by cmontheloknow
typo

1 minute ago, cmontheloknow said:

Direction of travel is quite clearly B teams in the SPFL for 22-23... wonder how this particular turd will be sculpted into a tasty-looking burger for the L1/2 sides? They must have some scheme that will push it through.

You mean 23-24?

Outrageous but expected decision… as with last seasons “one season only” the total disregard and contempt toward fans of lower league supporters is also not surprising.

So what will happen when Hibs ask to join, Motherwell etc. Lowland League Chairman who supported this should be ashamed of themselves, they have totally removed any integrity both sporting and otherwise. Embarrassing and shameful I hope they enjoy their pieces of Silver!

I sincerely hope that LL supporters boycott their matches against any B team as myself and many others have done with the Diddy cup when they were allowed in!

Edited by FREDDYFRY

1 minute ago, John S said:

Interesting to know how the new teams voted 

More difficult to predict now as some clubs may have been swayed by the review of the pyramid angle. The three former SPFL clubs might see that as their possible path back depending on what the SFA and SPFL have in mind to get the concept of colt teams accepted by enough of the Leagues One & Two clubs to get a reconstruction plan through an SPFL AGM. Have to wonder also if the Brechin City to the LL angle will rear its head again.

My educated guesses for who voted against are:

Berwick
Bo'ness
Civil Service
Cowden
East Stirling
Tranent

As for the remaining two I'd go with Dalbeattie/Edinburgh Uni voting how they did with the initial proposal last season or the wildcard of Caledonian Braves.

I'm a man of few entrenched political opinions, but those I hold are really fucking entrenched! I am never going to stop believing, for example, that people who voted No in 2014 and Yes in 2016 are thick b*****ds; but I have the tact not to say/write this all the time, and believe that we need to find a way of reaching out to these people and convincing them of the error of their ways. Somehow.

It seems to me that the ongoing discussions of the Juniorocalypse have been reminiscent of this - we're now in the 3rd/4th(?) year of bleating about the Lowland League and it's "glorified boys clubs"/east coast conspiracy against all the fantastic "big" clubs shut out from it by supporters, and indeed representatives, of clubs who refused to engage with it in the first place. Perhaps a more conciliatory approach to the LL would have resulted in a less defensive bunker mentality on it's part, even a willingness to listen to others. Nor are they alone in their venality. Putting aside the more obvious examples, Partick and Brechin's whining about their recent respective relegations were both disappointing in otherwise sensible clubs.

It's probably too late to persuade the LL to change, sadly.

Edited by Bad Wolf