Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

On 26/05/2022 at 11:11, Marshmallo said:

It's not within their rules to have 18 permanent members and they voted against increased promotion/relegation. It doesn't make a lick of sense to me and requires multiple backflips in logic but that's the party line.

My guess is the "Colts" will increase their bribes entry fees and will all be allowed to participate as guest clubs.

40f.thumb.png.29ae94219a9c2f219a112d71d683b4ab.png

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/lowland-league-guest-club-and-pyramid-proposal/?rid=13929

The comments from Maxwell and Doncaster here are very transparently "we think this is brilliant and the whole point of this review is to shoehorn them into the SPFL."

The same Maxwell who refused the WOSL having conferences at Tier 6 because it would have too many clubs at Tier 6 for one season, forcing them into the 20 team league with 7 relegated to get back down to 16 for next season, as 16 is the only acceptable size for the SFA. Fine to have 19 at Tier 5 provided you're turning it into a reserve league, though!

20 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

So the indicative vote was in fact indicative of surrender. A travesty of a League where results can count or not count, where a team can finish fourth and be declared champions, a  pyramid where other B teams ( Hibs, Aberdeen, Motherwell, Dundee United, Hamilton, Partick,  Cove, Kelty ?) can have an application accepted  after an "indicative" vote. A sham and a scam.

3 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/lowland-league-guest-club-and-pyramid-proposal/?rid=13929

The comments from Maxwell and Doncaster here are very transparently "we think this is brilliant and the whole point of this review is to shoehorn them into the SPFL."

The same Maxwell who refused the WOSL having conferences at Tier 6 because it would have too many clubs at Tier 6 for one season, forcing them into the 20 team league with 7 relegated to get back down to 16 for next season, as 16 is the only acceptable size for the SFA. Fine to have 19 at Tier 5 provided you're turning it into a reserve league, though!

That statement all but confirms that reserve teams will be included in the SPFL, perhaps as early as next season.

The SFA, SPFL, OF etc are all in cahoots on this one and if fans don't want to see it happen then you need to start putting pressure on your own club right away.

Bit torn on this one. As a Hearts fan, I think it is good news for our club and I'm looking forward to getting the chance to watch some of our youngsters next season.

But I am totally onside with most of the comments here. It's not a fair process and the LL is a joke. B teams should be required to apply to join their lowest local league and be left to work their way up fair and square.

1 minute ago, Cardle is Magic said:

That statement all but confirms that reserve teams will be included in the SPFL, perhaps as early as next season.

The SFA, SPFL, OF etc are all in cahoots on this one and if fans don't want to see it happen then you need to start putting pressure on your own club right away.

That must surely mean re-construction is planned though? Assuming the 3 Colt teams can't be promoted again this season, then the only way to include them in the SPFL would be by expanding League Two.

On 02/06/2022 at 12:26, Sparticus said:

A yes vote to let three b teams in will completely ruin the lowland league.

The powers that be should take away the promotion slot if this happens.

The powers that be the SFA are fully supportive of the move: 

https://slfl.co.uk/lowland-league-welcome-sfa-pyramid-review/?fbclid=IwAR00KeIGnf6aeYgM1X-M1oG1tYiT6tuXmKZJ1-61wlSLHNDaclVBvXPsUQ4

3 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Nothing of the sort will happen. The League One and Two clubs will vote that down and will also vote down any increased relegation/promotion between tiers 4 and 5. The Lowland League have just bought magic beans again so that Doncaster/Maxwell can keep three of their biggest clubs happy for another year.

11 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

So the indicative vote was in fact indicative of surrender. A travesty of a League where results can count or not count, where a team can finish fourth and be declared champions, a  pyramid where other B teams ( Hibs, Aberdeen, Motherwell, Dundee United, Hamilton, Partick,  Cove, Kelty ?) can have an application accepted  after an "indicative" vote. A sham and a scam.

And two teams could be relegated despite not finishing in the bottom 3. Really, this is dreadful for the lowland league.

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Nothing of the sort will happen. The League One and Two clubs will vote that down and will also vote down any increased relegation/promotion between tiers 4 and 5. The Lowland League have just bought magic beans again so that Doncaster/Maxwell can keep three of their biggest clubs happy for another year.

Think you'd be amazed how easily their opinions can be changed if enough pressure is applied and enough money is offered.

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I can see SPFL League 2 being extended to 16 teams from season 2023/24 to accommodate B teams and open up promotion/relegation with the LL. 

Why would the League Two teams go for that? It’s just combining two things that they don’t want. 

4 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Why would the League Two teams go for that? It’s just combining two things that they don’t want. 

I agree, but I think that there will be increased pressure from the SPFL Premiership Clubs to accommodate "B" teams.  The L2 sides may look at what has happened to the clubs relegated to the LL and HL and recognise the need to create a more open pathway back into the SPFL. 

My head always said a functional pyramid was the way forward. My heart tried to warn my head that the b*****ds that run Scottish football and many of the Clubs are not to be trusted any further than you can throw them.

This was inevitable, but still very disappointing.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson