Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

5 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

If you want more game time and experience for the youth players, get a reserve league set up again ya plank.

Heard from a very good source the reserve league is starting back season 23/24. thats why hearts put in their application.

2 hours ago, mrman2011 said:

Not long before another season for the B Teams in the Lowland League. More game time, More development, More youth gaining experience, More upset

Lovely get the downvotes going lads. I want more B Teams

49fe93.jpg?a459360

Just now, edinabear said:

Any idea when the LL will make their decision? Fixtures must be out soonish

Today's meant to be the AGM. There should be a decision on what's happening by then.

After the LL clubs rejected the 19 team plan. The LL Board point of view for today was supposedly to have the 3 guest club applicants make presentations or at least discuss the matter. Then a week later have a vote on which 2 of the 3 to pick.

That then changed to the 3 guest clubs delivering an ultimatium that it's all 3 or none. It should be a case of yes or no.

27 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Today's meant to be the AGM. There should be a decision on what's happening by then.

After the LL clubs rejected the 19 team plan. The LL Board point of view for today was supposedly to have the 3 guest club applicants make presentations or at least discuss the matter. Then a week later have a vote on which 2 of the 3 to pick.

That then changed to the 3 guest clubs delivering an ultimatium that it's all 3 or none. It should be a case of yes or no.

If it isn't none, Celtic and Hearts. I'm not an unreasonable man.

On 30/05/2022 at 12:11, Cowdenleith said:

If you want more game time and experience for the youth players, get a reserve league set up again ya plank.

What a load of rubbish, the Under 19/21 will need experience in matches that matter against more senior players. Reserve Leagues does not really fill that. Hence B Teams is the way forward. I know this troubles you 

8 minutes ago, mrman2011 said:

What a load of rubbish, the Under 19/21 will need experience in matches that matter against more senior players. Reserve Leagues does not really fill that. Hence B Teams is the way forward. I know this troubles you 

I know you're trolling but anyway, a reserve league by it's very nature has a mix of age ranges and experience, no different from LL teams having a mix of age ranges and experience.  A reserve league also means that the better 19/21 yo will be playing alongside older senior pros instead of basically a youth team.

54 minutes ago, mrman2011 said:

Cowdenbeath what a poor club. They will struggle next year 

Struggling with the argument resorting to slagging off a club😀

My team Scotland 😀 more like one of the Glasgow 2.

Despite playing in the LL they still send their best reserves to the Championship or England.

19 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Struggling with the argument resorting to slagging off a club😀

My team Scotland 😀 more like one of the Glasgow 2.

Despite playing in the LL they still send their best reserves to the Championship or England.

Given that he left a trail of tears and snotters all over the Europe forum when folk were taking the pish out of Rangers for bottling the Europa League Final and started calling everyone IRA sympathisers, I think we can narrow that down to 1.

Edited by Gordon EF

1 minute ago, Gordon EF said:

Given that he left a trail of tears and snotters all over the Europe forum when folk were taking the pish out of Rangers for bottling the Europa League Final and started calling everyone IRA sympathisers, I think we can narrow that down to 1.

I never read that, makes sense.

Probably never been in G51 in his life.

On 30/05/2022 at 15:09, FairWeatherFan said:

How did the AGM go?

Being a southern fan, and having memories of Football Combination games many years ago - I can't understand why the Reserve set up in Scotland always looks doomed to failure. Why did the big boys seem so against this ? Was it money driven ? Why can't a 20-21 year old play in the first team ? 

19 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Being a southern fan, and having memories of Football Combination games many years ago - I can't understand why the Reserve set up in Scotland always looks doomed to failure. Why did the big boys seem so against this ? Was it money driven ? Why can't a 20-21 year old play in the first team ? 

It seems like the old squirm have been on a mission to get their B teams into the league proper poo pooing reserve leagues etc.

Who knows how they've actually managed to get them into the lowland league.It's beyond belief they've got that far.

Now hearts are trying to kid on they're grouped with the old squirm lol.

The Scottish cup final says no.