Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

1 hour ago, Brazilianlex said:

I fear they won’t.

Blatant blackmail but the LL Clubs who want the dosh will vote all 3 in. Add a League sponsor who only came on board apparently cos he is supporter of an Old Firm.

Then next season, add a few more Premier teams on the take us all or nothing basis and the LL will become basically the reserve league. When the Colts outnumber the others, the committee will be taken over and then the next step will be  auto promotion to spfl.

Neil Blofeld Doncaster sitting stroking his cat while we post.

They have already voted against it?

26 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The fact it was a 13-3 vote against letting all three in makes it seem unlikely to me that they'll swing enough to sort that out. The second scenario certainly seems possible though.

Is it made public who the three were?

It's not out of the question that 6/7 clubs initially voted against three because they thought that would just result in getting the OF back but will buckle if the choice is between 3 or 0.

Edited by Gordon EF

9 minutes ago, edinabear said:

It's been reported on another forum that Hibs and Motherwell also applied but after the deadline. And all 5 now want in 

How does it feel to see your dream crumble before your eyes?

17 minutes ago, Marten said:

Maybe those 5 can join together and form their own league, invite a few others and call it the "reserve league". Sounds bizarre, I know, but maybe it will work...

There's got to be a compromise. We've got to understand what they're after so we can solve the problem. Reserves/u21s/u23s/Development don't work as a branding exercise.

It's all B teams and Guest teams. So merge it together and get the Buest League! Looks international and sounds like "Best".

You can see the South American scouts now: "Hey kid, do you want to play first team football in the "Best" league in Scotland?" 😉

2 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

That report is wrong. 

When they never mentioned the forum by name I guessed it was Follow Follow seems to stem from this.

image.png.37afdf9c9915e63d8d94fd48dfa01899.png

Except it's been declared publicly that 3 clubs applied by the deadline. That was the whole point of asking for a 19 team league. There also looks to be the common misunderstanding that both Celtic and Rangers were having to apply just like everyone else. They were not guaranteed a spot.

And with a lot of random talking points in the non-league world Darvel is to blame.

image.png.4cd93a0c2b6f43a32a71766c99aeed49.png

33 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

There's quite a back and forth on twitter amongst Mick Kennedy and the Broomhill secretary John Dods with some inclusion from the Catchup & Berwick's secretary.

John Dods claiming that the LL is bound by the SFA to remaining a 16 member league. Is this written down somewhere?

Not sure why Hearts have not just re-entered the EOS league again. They are founding(i'm sure) members, and still pay league fees as far as I was aware. Could easily meet criteria.

Lowland league, have sold their soul to the B teams and it should never have happened in the first place.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

When they never mentioned the forum by name I guessed it was Follow Follow seems to stem from this.

image.png.37afdf9c9915e63d8d94fd48dfa01899.png

Except it's been declared publicly that 3 clubs applied by the deadline. That was the whole point of asking for a 19 team league. There also looks to be the common misunderstanding that both Celtic and Rangers were having to apply just like everyone else. They were not guaranteed a spot.

And with a lot of random talking points in the non-league world Darvel is to blame.

image.png.4cd93a0c2b6f43a32a71766c99aeed49.png

Seems a bit of a pointless rumour to make up tbf

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

There's got to be a compromise. We've got to understand what they're after so we can solve the problem. Reserves/u21s/u23s/Development don't work as a branding exercise.

It's all B teams and Guest teams. So merge it together and get the Buest League! Looks international and sounds like "Best".

You can see the South American scouts now: "Hey kid, do you want to play first team football in the "Best" league in Scotland?" 😉

If only there was an organisation whose job it was to develop and organise football at all levels.!

I know Cowden have been a bit of a shambles for a while now, but this Lowland League makes Cowden look like they are run by the dragons from the den and Lord Sugar. 
What a horror show of a league. 
For their own sake, hope not too many other league clubs have to suffer this fate. 

This 3 or 0 stance makes no sense to me. 

Surely if one of the arse checks get in without the other , they will gain an advantage in being able to develop all those future Scotland internationals themselves , giving them an advantage over their “rivals.”  

It’s almost like youth development isn’t their motivation at all. 

5 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

There's quite a back and forth on twitter amongst Mick Kennedy and the Broomhill secretary John Dods with some inclusion from the Catchup & Berwick's secretary.

When is a vote not a vote? When it's a steer.

The LL will just keep making clubs vote with slightly different criteria until they get what they want. I think this is the beginning of the end of the colts shambles, but you never know with these charlatans