Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

Yip, I said a while back that Hearts stuck a spanner in their cosy little OF arrangement by applying.
Now the mask has slipped and all three are "demanding" (probably tabloid speak) entry.
LL now have an unexpected opportunity to reverse this nonsense and save face, repair the reputation of the league a little, and could repair it even more by staying at 18 by promoting both Darvel and Tranent, and agreeing to 2 up/down in future, which would mean VoL are saved.  That bits perhaps a step too far for them.

This is great news, if the LL does open up the relegation to 2 up/down.

We could end up with a very strong LL within the next 3-4 years.

In fact, I would even say it has the potential to be the most competitive league in Scotland.

With your best teams from the east/west gaining promotion.

The LL has the chance to put things right here, let’s hope they take the opportunity.

2 hours ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Not while they can’t get one out of it.

For the avoidance of doubt that is the reason given by the league as reported by several sources.

They're hardly going to say anything else, are they? Did you expect them to put out a statement saying...

"Well, you see, we've massive shitebag hypocrites. We stamp our feet and greet when the SPFL won't open up more spaces for us but we're not prepared to open up space for anyone else because that would have a negative effect on us. And we're all for us not having to face any negative effects. Just the positive stuff for us, thanks very much.

Edited by Gordon EF

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

LL now have an unexpected opportunity to reverse this nonsense and save face, repair the reputation of the league a little, and could repair it even more by staying at 18 by promoting both Darvel and Tranent, and agreeing to 2 up/down in future, which would mean VoL are saved.  That bits perhaps a step too far for them.

Swapping VoL for St Cuthbert would be my personal preference but, on the other hand, you can't imagine how hilarious I would find VoL managing to save themselves from relegation on a technicality again. Top bants

2 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Swapping VoL for St Cuthbert would be my personal preference but, on the other hand, you can't imagine how hilarious I would find VoL managing to save themselves from relegation on a technicality again. Top bants

I'd agree, they're probably more competitive than VoL.    However if VoL were saved which resulted in two promotion places going forward, I don't think there would be too many grumbles  (apart from the knock-on effect this would have in the EoS).

Doubt it will happen though.  One step at a time, get rid of B teams.  The 18 team precedent has already been set.

It's not within their rules to have 18 permanent members and they voted against increased promotion/relegation. It doesn't make a lick of sense to me and requires multiple backflips in logic but that's the party line.

My guess is the "Colts" will increase their bribes entry fees and will all be allowed to participate as guest clubs.

On 20/05/2022 at 13:56, cmontheloknow said:

Is the North Region Junior FA no longer Junior?

It's part of the senior pyramid, so don't see how it can be termed "junior".

11 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

It's part of the senior pyramid, so don't see how it can be termed "junior".

It's still run by the SJFA, as is the Midlands League. So in that sense these leagues are officially still junior leagues. It's a different matter whether or not these labels are still relevant, personally I don't care about what label is put on the local football in this area. I'm just happy to watch it and happy we are in the pyramid, that's all I care about.

3 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

They're hardly going to say anything else, are they? Did you expect them to put out a statement saying...

"Well, you see, we've massive shitebag hypocrites. We stamp our feet and greet when the SPFL won't open up more spaces for us but we're not prepared to open up space for anyone else because that would have a negative effect on us. And we're all for us not having to face any negative effects. Just the positive stuff for us, thanks very much.

Aye ok, calm down. I was merely pointing what they actually said, if you have an issue with it you could always organise another petition.

Edited by Pyramid Watcher

25 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Unfortunately I’m not seeing this situation ending with the happy ending that others seem to think will happen.

To be fair, with what's been happening in the LL recently I don't think any colt team-opponents will take anything for granted before it's official. It's good that some unexpected hope popped up though!

13 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Aye ok, calm down. I was merely pointing what they actually said, if you have an issue with it you could always organise another petition.

I don't really have an issue with it. It's obvious why the LL didn't vote for increased relegation. It's just pathetic trying to pretend it's actually for altruistic reasons, rather than self-interest, the same as the SPFL.

1 hour ago, Marten said:

It's still run by the SJFA, as is the Midlands League. So in that sense these leagues are officially still junior leagues. It's a different matter whether or not these labels are still relevant, personally I don't care about what label is put on the local football in this area. I'm just happy to watch it and happy we are in the pyramid, that's all I care about.

The SJFA don't run leagues though and never have.  They will still play to SJFA rules and regulations, which is probably the only real difference. Anyway off topic.

Edited by Burnieman

Just now, Burnieman said:

The SJFA don't run leagues though and never have.  They will still play to SJFA rules and regulations, which is probably the only real difference.

Well, it's the North Region & East region respectively obviously, but they ultimately still come under the SJFA.

Having said that, hats off to the new people running the league over here as they have definitely been doing a good job, quite an improvement on the past imo. Also quite impressed with the level of detail of match stats now available online.

15 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Seems like the Lowland League is going to end up doing the right thing in spite of itself. The way they've conducted themselves has still been pathetic and a massive slap in the face for those who have pressed for a genuine pyramid for years, though.

I fear they won’t.

Blatant blackmail but the LL Clubs who want the dosh will vote all 3 in. Add a League sponsor who only came on board apparently cos he is supporter of an Old Firm.

Then next season, add a few more Premier teams on the take us all or nothing basis and the LL will become basically the reserve league. When the Colts outnumber the others, the committee will be taken over and then the next step will be  auto promotion to spfl.

Neil Blofeld Doncaster sitting stroking his cat while we post.

9 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

... When the Colts outnumber the others, the committee will be taken over ...

How would the LL get taken over when the colt teams don't have voting rights and > 16 would be needed to outnumber the others? Think that's a wild extrapolation from where things are right now. The idea of going to 19 to accomodate Hearts B was rejected by a majority of member clubs even before Cowdenbeath replaced VoL. What's surprising is why the OF would want to force Hearts in as well. Think there may be some missing details on that angle but if it's a case of three or nane sounds like there's a good chance that the colt team experiment is about to be booted out into the long grass.