Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

No. The opposite was true, the rules had to be changed to specifically make it so that the highest non-B team could play in the play-off. The SPFL rules do not allow B teams to participate, so unless that changed (and there has consistently not been sufficient appetite for it in the SPFL) there is no prospect of promotion regardless of what the Lowland League decides to do.

Firstly there aren't any Juniors.
I'd suggest you look at some of the leagues.
More than two clubs have two teams in different leagues.

Pretty sure there's quite a few in the North juniors which given they also mention highland league is eminently a possible for them.

45 minutes ago, jaggyness said:
On 20/05/2022 at 13:27, Glenconner said:
Firstly there aren't any Juniors.
I'd suggest you look at some of the leagues.
More than two clubs have two teams in different leagues.

Pretty sure there's quite a few in the North juniors which given they also mention highland league is eminently a possible for them.

Why don't you go and watch them then.

From the Non League Matters web site today.

Prorege:

The outcome of the 3-way Colts application for 2022/3 will become clear in the next 7 days. Outcome might not be what people are expecting.

1 hour ago, Dev said:

From the Non League Matters web site today.

Prorege:

The outcome of the 3-way Colts application for 2022/3 will become clear in the next 7 days. Outcome might not be what people are expecting.

The only outcome I wouldn't expect is that colt teams are ditched. There's no ridiculous and/or utterly shite outcome I'd put past the the LL and SFA.

2 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

The only outcome I wouldn't expect is that colt teams are ditched. There's no ridiculous and/or utterly shite outcome I'd put past the the LL and SFA.

They are gonna have all three teams in the LL but only two places. Colt A and Colt B will the teams in the league. Hearts will be Colt A for the first two thirds of the season. Celtic will be Colt B for the first third of the season and Colt A for the last third of the season. Sevco will be Colt B for the last two thirds of the season. 

I just made that up but it is exactly the kinda pish I expect from the Lowland League now.

4 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

They are gonna have all three teams in the LL but only two places. Colt A and Colt B will the teams in the league. Hearts will be Colt A for the first two thirds of the season. Celtic will be Colt B for the first third of the season and Colt A for the last third of the season. Sevco will be Colt B for the last two thirds of the season. 

I just made that up but it is exactly the kinda pish I expect from the Lowland League now.

But only if all LL chairmen get a tour of the trophy room, selfies with at least two first team players, and their autograph books filled.

9 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

Why don't they just enter a team at the lowest tier in the West League (or East League for Hearts) and let them work their way up? Like every other club would have to do.

Baskonia are a wee team from the Basque country who are a completely and utterly separate club from Athletic Club. However they usually have the maximum amount of loanees from Athletic Club at their club at a single time. Players from Athletic Club often get sold to Baskonia for free with a buy back clause of one euro. Ex Athletic Club players tend to get coaching roles at Baskonia while going through their coaching badges. Still entirely separate clubs. I can't fathom why those sort of partnerships don't exist throughout the Scottish pyramid. I'm sure Cambuslang Rangers would love that sort of set up with Rangers, for instance. 

24 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

Why don't they just enter a team at the lowest tier in the West League (or East League for Hearts) and let them work their way up? Like every other club would have to do.

Without condoning their inclusion, I’m not sure of the benefit for any party of Celtic/Rangers playing any team in the 4th division of the WoSFL. 

1 minute ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Without condoning their inclusion, I’m not sure of the benefit for any party of Celtic/Rangers playing any team in the 4th division of the WoSFL. 

It was for their own benefit. That way they don't have to rely on a vote.

2 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

It's not dramatically different to them playing in the Lowland League in terms of it being such a shit standard that they're not going to learn anything.

2 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Vale of Leven 3-1 Edinburgh University

Pumpherston 5-1 Vale of Leithen

Who knows. They'd still be able to loan out players to higher level sides.

If they were a full member of the EoS and WoS they'd get to play in some of the cups. They'd actually be able to plan for their future instead of going year to year hoping to get accepted back.

One of the things that this experiment has been sold on has been on the mental side. Competitive football, in games that mean something, in front of fans that care. Not the standard of the football.

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

It's not dramatically different to them playing in the Lowland League in terms of it being such a shit standard that they're not going to learn anything.

I’m not sure about that mate, no disrespect to teams in Div 4, but you can’t compare Bonnyrigg to Harthill Royal?

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Vale of Leven 3-1 Edinburgh University

Pumpherston 5-1 Vale of Leithen

Who knows. They'd still be able to loan out players to higher level sides.

If they were a full member of the EoS and WoS they'd get to play in some of the cups. They'd actually be able to plan for their future instead of going year to year hoping to get accepted back.

One of the things that this experiment has been sold on has been on the mental side. Competitive football, in games that mean something, in front of fans that care. Not the standard of the football.

The 2 things are linked imo.

5 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

FFS, don't give them any ideas please...

4 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

You'd think that would make sense instead of the current charade

45 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

All these suggestions recently: let's recall one of the more popular pieces of advice offered to the Old Firm sides when this was first put forward was that they should GTF.

That's still an attractive recommendation.

Agreed, they could maybe try & get a slot in one of the European Leagues that allow them, at least then they could be sure to have a team in Europe after Christmas every year rather than just now & then. 😄