Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

8 hours ago, Glenconner said:

So from we can surmise Ellon Utd are not playing in any non pyramid Junior League

They play in the Scottish Junior Football Association North Region Superleague. North and East Regions still exist and are in the pyramid. This is an odd hill to choose to die on.

Anyway in an attempt to get back to what i was trying to say, I am fully in favour of the pyramid to allow teams to progress to higher levels on merit. What i am against is what is happening in the Lowland League by allowing  teams using it as a plaything & bribing their way into it and so denying teams lower down in the pyramid a place in the league

5 hours ago, glensmad said:
13 hours ago, Glenconner said:
So from we can surmise Ellon Utd are not playing in any non pyramid Junior League

There are no non-pyramid Junior leagues.

So is the Midland League a Junior League or not?

I haven't read much from this thread but Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum want their 'B' teams as high as one league below their senior teams. It's a disgrace that the majority of the teams in the Lowland League are facilitating this.

I suppose the end game is that they will still have a foothold within the Scottish League if or when the Gruesome Twosome's senior teams leave the Scottish game.

If one of the B teams win the Lowland League, would that mean that no club from the Lowland would proceed to the play-offs and it would straight shoot-off between the Highland League winners and Club 42?

28 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

If one of the B teams win the Lowland League, would that mean that no club from the Lowland would proceed to the play-offs and it would straight shoot-off between the Highland League winners and Club 42?

A Guest team can never win the Lowland League. Just finish 1st. The Championship and the place in the SPFL2 Playoff would go to the highest real LL team even if they finished 3rd/4th in the table.

The expectation is that if it happened it could be challenged by Club 42.

A Guest team can never win the Lowland League. Just finish 1st. The Championship and the place in the SPFL2 Playoff would go to the highest real LL team even if they finished 3rd/4th in the table.
The expectation is that if it happened it could be challenged by Club 42.
Was there an attempt to change the rules regarding that recently? So if a B Team won the league, the next highest non B team couldn't qualify for the play off? I'm sure there was some attempt which was (as always) an effort to encourage promotion for the B teams.