Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

10 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The OF have offered hundreds of thousands and forgoing prize money to get into the SPFL as part of trials, SPFL3 and other proposals. That does not seem eminently bribable to me.

That might change if it's not just the OF and there's more structure to it, serious parachute payments etc.

30 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

That might change if it's not just the OF and there's more structure to it, serious parachute payments etc.

The TV deal is due to run until the 2024-25 season. Where's this money coming from? And how can clubs that can't afford to run a reserve side suddenly finding the cash for B teams?

On 15/05/2022 at 14:16, Pyramid Watcher said:

What do you think they have been doing for the last 3/4 years? The SPFL member clubs won’t vote for it, that’s a fact.

Tbf, the SPFL Clubs have never ever been asked to vote on anything to do with the pyramid, all done in smoke filled rooms at Hampden.

On the subject of transparency tho, the SFA PGB meeting took place yesterday where the guest Clubs and associated LL rules were to be ratified. When can a statement be expected from LL on result and as rumoured, additional criteria imposed ?

17 hours ago, peternapper said:

Have always said that if that comes to pass i would not be going to follow my team in the Scottish League, if they sell out would go to watch junior or Highland League providing they have not sold out as well. No way should teams be allowed to have more than one team in the actual league system.

Firstly there aren't any Juniors.

I'd suggest you look at some of the leagues.

More than two clubs have two teams in different leagues.

5 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Maybe but Peternapper said that clubs should not be allowed to have two teams in the same league. And I think you'll find that there are still juniors

Edited by Nowhereman

6 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Maybe but Peternapper said that clubs should not be allowed to have two teams in the same league. And I think you'll find that there are still juniors

There aren't any Juniors no more.

3 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I'm going to Rugby Park to see the Junior Cup Final, Yoker v Talbot, have I been conned? 🤔

They kept the Junior Cup going for old times sake.

Not all ex Juniors took part.

I'd expect the Junior Cup to be replaced by a national non league cup competition in future years.

5 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

I'd expect the Junior Cup to be replaced by a national non league cup competition in future years.

The East / Midlands Region and the North Region are both regions of the Scottish Junior FA.

With line-ups and scorers for all games, probably the best non-league website out there for stattos like me 😆

https://www.scottishjuniorfa.com/

Edited by cmontheloknow

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I'm going to Rugby Park to see the Junior Cup Final, Yoker v Talbot, have I been conned? 🤔

Yes.

Its a joke of a competition that will see 2 senior clubs play in the final, only the complete fools of the Juniors could run a competition that sees the finalists be from a different "grade" of football that they railed against for decades.

Hopefully this is the final end for the Junior Cup and it can finally be consigned to the dustbin of history.

10 minutes ago, drs said:

Yes.

Its a joke of a competition that will see 2 senior clubs play in the final, only the complete fools of the Juniors could run a competition that sees the finalists be from a different "grade" of football that they railed against for decades.

Hopefully this is the final end for the Junior Cup and it can finally be consigned to the dustbin of history.

Don't mind if i give you a riddie for old times sake.

😂😂😂

5 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

5 hours ago, Glenconner said:

4 hours ago, drs said:

Yes.

It was a fiver for a ticket, but I've just looked up the trains: none back on the Saturday from Glasgow after 8pm, so the fiver will have to be a donation to the SJFA. Conned in more ways than one, it appears.

The Junior Cup Final at Rugby Park had that much interest in recent years the SJFA gave every Junior club in the country complimentary tickets.

Even at that and with Talbot in the Final they were struggling to get 5000 in.

7 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Ellon United Football Club are a Scottish football club from the town of Ellon, Aberdeenshire. Members of the Scottish Junior Football Association, they currently play in the North Super League.

That would be one of my options if the league places are continued to be sold off. There would also be the Highland League that appear to have a bit more integrity than the Lowland version.

2 hours ago, peternapper said:

Ellon United Football Club are a Scottish football club from the town of Ellon, Aberdeenshire. Members of the Scottish Junior Football Association, they currently play in the North Super League.

That would be one of my options if the league places are continued to be sold off. There would also be the Highland League that appear to have a bit more integrity than the Lowland version.

I've been at a Ellon Utd home game.

What tier in the pyramid are they?