Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

25 minutes ago, mrman2011 said:

Reserve League wasn't much cop thats why it was scrapped

Why how would allowing full time pros of any age play against each other be worse than than allowing a limited number of teams enter a league that they cannot win against mainly part time jobbers and at the same time deny the clubs the pyramid was meant to promote. 

Aye but they abstained from voting on the continued involvement of the OF colts and they were one of the ones who voted them in in the first place, so f**k them
iirc Berwick's vote last season was by fans/members not the board.

Berwick voted in favour of greater relegation from the Lowland League, abstained on the continuance of the OF Colts (citing lack of clarity on other issues about League structure) and yes, did vote in favour of the OF Colts a year ago, after a poll of supporters (through the likes of the supporters club and Supporters Trust), gave them a mandate to do so. As I remember, it was a fairly narrow majority in favour of the OF colts being allowed in, but I also remember that my objections to it were met with fairly unanimous disagreement from the BRFC Board.

In just 12 months that has changed big style. Right now, our supporters forum is pretty unanimous that the Lowland League is a circus that has been taken over by the clowns, and a number of Senior Board members are saying similar things. Not sure where this ends, but unless there is, somehow, an unexpected outbreak of management competence, there must be a chance that the Lowland League will soon destroy itself, with players - and even clubs - deciding to play elsewhere.

8 hours ago, Redcar said:

Berwick voted in favour of greater relegation from the Lowland League, abstained on the continuance of the OF Colts (citing lack of clarity on other issues about League structure) and yes, did vote in favour of the OF Colts a year ago, after a poll of supporters (through the likes of the supporters club and Supporters Trust), gave them a mandate to do so. As I remember, it was a fairly narrow majority in favour of the OF colts being allowed in, but I also remember that my objections to it were met with fairly unanimous disagreement from the BRFC Board.

In just 12 months that has changed big style. Right now, our supporters forum is pretty unanimous that the Lowland League is a circus that has been taken over by the clowns, and a number of Senior Board members are saying similar things. Not sure where this ends, but unless there is, somehow, an unexpected outbreak of management competence, there must be a chance that the Lowland League will soon destroy itself, with players - and even clubs - deciding to play elsewhere.

If Berwick, East Stirling, Bonnyrigg/ Cowdenbeath and any other supporter of decency refused  to play Colts then this circus would be ditched. Add the ambitious EoS and WoS sides and a proper really good competitive league could be formed and make a very strong case for auto promotion and relegation to spfl. Would probably get better crowds than L2. Better that than wait ten years for 1 up 1 down to form decent league and still have Colts manipulating the league places. 

No different from when the top sides threatened to break away and ultimately resulted in the SPFL.

10 hours ago, Redcar said:

Where else would they play??

2 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

If Berwick, East Stirling, Bonnyrigg/ Cowdenbeath and any other supporter of decency refused  to play Colts then this circus would be ditched. Add the ambitious EoS and WoS sides and a proper really good competitive league could be formed and make a very strong case for auto promotion and relegation to spfl. Would probably get better crowds than L2. Better that than wait ten years for 1 up 1 down to form decent league and still have Colts manipulating the league places. 

No different from when the top sides threatened to break away and ultimately resulted in the SPFL.

Change needs to come from within the league i.e. the clubs, and the supporters should have a big say in that. If that's how it works then things could change quicker than expected?

12 minutes ago, Gimme said:
37 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:
Where else would they play??

Berwick will surely have explored joining the English league.

Possibly, but I suspect any league structure would admit them at the bottom level, which may not be appealing to them or their fans?

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Any idea where Hearts B would be planning to host games?

At a guess they'd play out at Riccarton.

3 hours ago, RiG said:

At a guess they'd play out at Riccarton.

Which isn’t up to standard for the LL.

Dressing rooms miles from the pitch.

No catering or toilets for fans.

No one else would get away with it but who knows with the LL.

Someone on twitter has crunched some numbers now that the season is pretty much wrapped up.

Main points of interest would be the number of players used since it goes into the strength of the team argument.

And the idea about developing "Scottish" talent.

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Which isn’t up to standard for the LL.

Dressing rooms miles from the pitch.

No catering or toilets for fans.

No one else would get away with it but who knows with the LL.

If you can't go to a game without eating or pishing...