Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

3 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Petrie isn't on the PGB and Gray isn't on the SFA board.

The 4 members of PGB on the 8 member SFA board are Maxwell, Mulraney, Doncaster and Duncan.

None of which is any way relevant to the original point that the SFA and SPFL boards are not the same or even similar. 

Les Gray is on the SFA board, and Rod Petrie is on the PGB. The SFA website, where I assume you got the info from, is 2 years out of date. 

The point remains that members are allowed to rubber stamp their own decisions.

7 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Things were reviewed legally in 2021 over the interpretation of the rules. The rules will get nitpicked again if a Guest club wins. 

Of course all the press attention will be on that club saying they should be getting their chance in the playoff/SPFL.

Quick question to anyone who knows.

If a guest club wins, is the league standing with the guest club positions removed, or is it with all points won against those teams and their position removed?

It could be conceivable that option a) results in one winner, whilst option b) results in another.

The whole thing seems redundant

18 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Les Gray is on the SFA board, and Rod Petrie is on the PGB. The SFA website, where I assume you got the info from, is 2 years out of date. 

Mulraney is the chairman of the pgb.and in his absence rod petrie chairs it. the other members are highland and lowland reps les crey Hamilton used to be duncan fraser aberdeen.celtic ?

20 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

It says a lot about the SFA that Ken Ferguson is still listed on the PGB. 

5 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

Mulraney is the chairman of the pgb.and in his absence rod petrie chairs it. the other members are highland and lowland reps les crey Hamilton used to be duncan fraser aberdeen.celtic ?

Can't find a list of the current PGB but I'm fairly sure there's nobody from the Highland League on it.

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Can't find a list of the current PGB but I'm fairly sure there's nobody from the Highland League on it.

Officially, there are HL, NCL, ML & NJFA representatives on the PGB. In practise, PGB mainly deals with issues in the LL area (and I don't think they have done much since the WOSFL entered the pyramid), while any "north" issues are just resolved between the Highland League and 3 feeders.

1 minute ago, Marten said:

Officially, there are HL, NCL, ML & NJFA representatives on the PGB. In practise, PGB mainly deals with issues in the LL area (and I don't think they have done much since the WOSFL entered the pyramid), while any "north" issues are just resolved between the Highland League and 3 feeders.

Do you know who the HL rep is? Can't find a current list.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Do you know who the HL rep is? Can't find a current list.

Sorry, I have no idea. I've seen floating around here a list a few years ago but I'd have no idea on whether or not that's still accurate.

23 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

Quick question to anyone who knows.

If a guest club wins, is the league standing with the guest club positions removed, or is it with all points won against those teams and their position removed?

It could be conceivable that option a) results in one winner, whilst option b) results in another.

The whole thing seems redundant

http://slfl.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/SLFL-Rules-Version-19.pdf

image.png.2aadef087cdb6a15de6042f7fa5acc03.png

I made a joke at Vale of Leithen's expense earlier, but the bigger joke is that would they get a say in this even though they are relegated.

While Cowdenbeath or any of the Tier 6 clubs that might be promoted and play in the Lowland League next season have no say.

9 minutes ago, Marten said:

Sorry, I have no idea. I've seen floating around here a list a few years ago but I'd have no idea on whether or not that's still accurate.

It would send the Fort William global fanbase into a galactic heads gone if it's the retiring Highland League secretary. :lol:

7 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

Thanks. The final point looks like an after thought. 

A B-team winning the league would be messy. You can conceive of multiple views being taken…

I said this when I first saw the rule. Guest clubs are not in "membership" in fact they're explicitly distinct from members. So the main rule is points against members H&A. Followed with potential tie breakers, of which Guest club points are the final tiebreaker.

That's not how it was intended, East Stirlingshire gaining the 4th SPFL Trust Trophy spot being the example, but it's the appearance given

47 minutes ago, Marten said:

^^^PGB deals with tier 5 and up so this seems unlikely. There is a non-professional game board where tier 6 and below are represented:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/organisation/strategy-structure/who-we-are/board-committees/

Just now, LongTimeLurker said:

^^^PGB deals with tier 5 and up so this seems unlikely. There is a non-professional game board where tier 6 and below are represented:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/organisation/strategy-structure/who-we-are/board-committees/

You're right, I'm mixing the PGB & PWG up... 🤦‍♂️

32 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I said this when I first saw the rule. Guest clubs are not in "membership" in fact they're explicitly distinct from members. So the main rule is points against members H&A. Followed with potential tie breakers, of which Guest club points are the final tiebreaker.

That's not how it was intended, East Stirlingshire gaining the 4th SPFL Trust Trophy spot being the example, but it's the appearance given

Absolutely. In a season such as this, there’s a clear winner and that’s fine.

If one of the B-teams wins, with teams 2 and 3 being members but on equal points, there could be the following views:

- B-Team argues it can go into play off

-SPFL or Team 42 or HL team argues there is no LL Champion

- Team 2 argues they are the Champion

- Team 3, but who lost all four games against B teams, argues they are the Champion once games against non-members are disregarded

I suspect this is a case of squaring a circle. Because the issue wasn’t conceived when the pyramid was setup, and we’ve had recent years of Champions not being recognised, and B-Teams are complicating matters (and the rules changed again to accommodate) the whole thing is becoming messy and subject to challenge (irrespective of the intention of the rules or the relative strength of any argument).

Edited by HuttonDressedAsLahm

7 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Except that list is about 2 years old. I agree though, I don't think the Highland League have a rep on any board, even the non-professional one.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Except that list is about 2 years old. I agree though, I don't think the Highland League have a rep on any board, even the non-professional one.

Pretty sure the Highland and Lowland League are guaranteed a rep each on the PGB.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Finlay noble of Fraserburgh represents the highland league.and Thomas Brown represents the lowland league.