Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

1 hour ago, Lowland team said:

I can honestly say that games iv'e the colts play.there as been none of songs or shouts you refer to.that might just be another driver for them being in the LL these players are not being subjected to that inviroment and they can concentrate on developing these players.big crowd at bonnyrigg never heard any songs or bad behaviour by the colts fans

They were thinking it though!

53 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

The nominated club thats put forward,is the club the lowland league nominates as its champion.thats the rule!!!

Pretty confident on the rules for someone who was schooled on the rules of league makeup only a week and ago and thinks the SFA and SPFL are same.

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

Pretty confident on the rules for someone who was schooled on the rules of league makeup only a week and ago and thinks the SFA and SPFL are same.

To my mind they are.spfl board members are also sfa board members the chief executive of the spfl sits on both.yes you could say they are separate.in name only

10 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

To my mind they are.spfl board members are also sfa board members the chief executive of the spfl sits on both.yes you could say they are separate.in name only

Only one person serves on both boards. It's like saying Westminster and Holyrood are identical because Douglas Ross sits in both. They have different rules, different areas of responsibility, different agendas.

8 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

The SPFL Chief Exec is one of 8 SFA Board Members. The other 7 are not members of the SPFL board.

There are members of the SFA Professional Game Board and other committees who are there as SPFL reps but they aren't on the SPFL board.

So across the 58 members of boards and committees which make up the SFA one person sits on the SPFL board too. 

8 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

The SPFL Chief Exec is one of 8 SFA Board Members. The other 7 are not members of the SPFL board.

There are members of the SFA Professional Game Board and other committees who are there as SPFL reps but they aren't on the SPFL board.

So across the 58 members of boards and committees which make up the SFA one person sits on the SPFL board too. 

But they all have a vested stake in the spfl.as they represent clubs within the spfl. even the sfa vice president is the chairman of a spfl club.thats why in my opinion they are the same,

33 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

But they all have a vested stake in the spfl.as they represent clubs within the spfl. even the sfa vice president is the chairman of a spfl club.thats why in my opinion they are the same,

Out of 8 directors 3 have no links to SPFL clubs, 2 independents and the National Secretary of the Scottish Amateur FA. 

59 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Only one person serves on both boards. It's like saying Westminster and Holyrood are identical because Douglas Ross sits in both. They have different rules, different areas of responsibility, different agendas.

What is probably more if a salient point is that a fair few sitting on the PGB are also main board members, essentially rubber stamping their own recommendations.

7 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

What is probably more if a salient point is that a fair few sitting on the PGB are also main board members, essentially rubber stamping their own recommendations.

Thats what my point is about.thank you.

25 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

PGB members are not a majority on the SFA board and SFA board members are not a majority on PGB.

I dont see any issue with the SFA board rubber stamping committee decisions anyway. That's what should happen in all but exceptional cases.

12 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

PGB members are not a majority on the SFA board and SFA board members are not a majority on PGB.

I dont see any issue with the SFA board rubber stamping committee decisions anyway. That's what should happen in all but exceptional cases.

PGB - Petrie, Maxwell, Mulraney, Gray, Doncaster. All at main board meetings as far as I am aware??

http://slfl.co.uk/member-clubs-canvassed-on-guest-club-applicants/

The Scottish Lowland Football League board has canvassed the opinions of member clubs over the three guest clubs seeking inclusion in next season’s Lowland League. 

Last month, a majority of 11-4 indicated a preference for the continued involvement of guest clubs, having taken two weeks to weigh up and debate a presentation on the topic.

A formal application process was subsequently opened, with three clubs confirming their interest and intent in joining the league.

Cleary, the inclusion of three guest clubs would require the current format of the Lowland League to be altered, so the board has entered into a period of consultation with member clubs to gauge the collective appetite for such a move – while talks with other key stakeholders would, naturally, follow before any conclusion could be reached.

Whatever the outcome, guest clubs will not be eligible for promotion. Nor will they hamper the ability of clubs to be promoted to or relegated from the Lowland League.

Hey, everyone how do you fancy a 19 team league and a 36 game league season? Don't worry here's an extra £40k to soften the blow of all those extra midweek games.

The only possible way they would not hamper clubs ability to be promoted or relegated is if playing the colts was optional, no points were on offer, and any bookings or sending offs against them were completely disregarded.

That's not even taking into account any injuries sustained in games against them.

1 hour ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

PGB - Petrie, Maxwell, Mulraney, Gray, Doncaster. All at main board meetings as far as I am aware??

Petrie isn't on the PGB and Gray isn't on the SFA board.

The 4 members of PGB on the 8 member SFA board are Maxwell, Mulraney, Doncaster and Duncan.

None of which is any way relevant to the original point that the SFA and SPFL boards are not the same or even similar.