Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Playing in reserve teams allows them to play in their own environment and train with the first team. They can do all that without giving the richest clubs even more of an advantage.

But it doesn't give them competitive games as the result does not matter and it doesn't help at all. 

1 minute ago, mrman2011 said:

But it doesn't give them competitive games as the result does not matter and it doesn't help at all. 

What they are playing isn't competitive either. Whether they win or lose makes no difference to them in a league they can't be promoted or relegated from. If they want competitive games they can go on loan.

9 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

What they are playing isn't competitive either. Whether they win or lose makes no difference to them in a league they can't be promoted or relegated from. If they want competitive games they can go on loan.

But it matters to the teams they playing against. Thats the thing its still competitive 

But it matters to the teams they playing against. Thats the thing its still competitive 
I wouldn't say Rangers or Celtic Colts hammering Gretna, Edinburgh Uni 9-0 etc. is very competitive.

The Old Firm being permitted to buy a place half way up the pyramid and it being applauded on here, by some, is just an example of what is wrong in Scottish football. They already have a huge advantage over all the other clubs.

From the guest club criteria any mention of the players being under a certain age has been omitted so we can drop the pretence that has anything to do with youth development.

7 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:
17 hours ago, mrman2011 said:

Why would results not matter in a reserve league?

Because it means nothing to Scottish Football. Celtic being 8th in the reserve league means nothing

Because it means nothing to Scottish Football. Celtic being 8th in the reserve league means nothing

And Celtic B being 8th in the Lowland League means Scottish football has sold out its integrity. I think I'll take them being 8th in the reserve league, thanks.

Celtic being first in the premiership doesn’t mean very much either given the huge advantages they have over the other teams

Since B teams are literally removed from the league table at the end of the season, they actually finish nowhere.

It is all so deeply, deeply pointless and anti-competitive.

Edited by Gordon EF

12 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Since B teams are literally removed from the league table at the end of the season, they actually finish nowhere.

It is all so deeply, deeply pointless and anti-competitive.

The Colts know they cannot win the league as it would almost certainly result in a legal challenge re the term Champions in the LL rules so they have to lose an appropriate number of games which renders the competition corrupt. 
The SFA and SPFL are complicit as they have accepted this despite allegedly promoting a Scottish pyramid system. They will be quite happy to read fans arguing on here because it draws the fire away from them as they do all they can to assist Rangers and Celtic.

The LL are not even trying to hide behind the “benefit to Scottish Football” rubbish anymore by scrapping the age restriction.

2 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

The Colts know they cannot win the league as it would almost certainly result in a legal challenge re the term Champions in the LL rules so they have to lose an appropriate number of games which renders the competition corrupt. 
The SFA and SPFL are complicit as they have accepted this despite allegedly promoting a Scottish pyramid system. They will be quite happy to read fans arguing on here because it draws the fire away from them as they do all they can to assist Rangers and Celtic.

The LL are not even trying to hide behind the “benefit to Scottish Football” rubbish anymore by scrapping the age restriction.

While I am all for constructive debate, and don’t necessarily agree with the B teams, this is a nonsense post. The rules were amended to incorporate the B teams from what I have read, suggesting that teams “have to lose games” is ridiculous.

18 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

While I am all for constructive debate, and don’t necessarily agree with the B teams, this is a nonsense post. The rules were amended to incorporate the B teams from what I have read, suggesting that teams “have to lose games” is ridiculous.

The Lowland League amended their rules. However, the SPFL rules around the playoff state that it is between Club 42 and a team identified from a competition approved by the SPFL Board. They also say they have the authority to modify the playoff competition if considered appropriate. I could certainly see a challenge (from Club 42 or even Highland Champion) were a B team to win the Lowland League and another club were nominated by the Lowland for the playoffs. In the playoff for promotion to the Highland League, it is only the club finishing in top spot in one of the tier 6 feeder leagues who would be eligible. I don't think B teams would throw the league, but there are multiple associations and boards involved here.

Edited by Cyclizine

Things were reviewed legally in 2021 over the interpretation of the rules. The rules will get nitpicked again if a Guest club wins. 

Of course all the press attention will be on that club saying they should be getting their chance in the playoff/SPFL.

On 01/05/2022 at 19:08, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Look at the scenes at the old firm games, hate crimes, glorification of terrorist groups being sung and displayed by both sides, mass disorder, indiscriminate attacks on people deemed to be ‘one or the other’. Its Scotland’s shame, yet people on here want that in their league? I get theres a lot of LL clubs run by people who are just old firm fans but to the established teams you can’t help but wonder why if they gave a shit about their fans or club they’d want to expose them to that shite?

I can honestly say that games iv'e the colts play.there as been none of songs or shouts you refer to.that might just be another driver for them being in the LL these players are not being subjected to that inviroment and they can concentrate on developing these players.big crowd at bonnyrigg never heard any songs or bad behaviour by the colts fans

49 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

The Lowland League amended their rules. However, the SPFL rules around the playoff state that it is between Club 42 and a team identified from a competition approved by the SPFL Board. They also say they have the authority to modify the playoff competition if considered appropriate. I could certainly see a challenge (from Club 42 or even Highland Champion) were a B team to win the Lowland League and another club were nominated by the Lowland for the playoffs. In the playoff for promotion to the Highland League, it is only the club finishing in top spot in one of the tier 6 feeder leagues who would be eligible. I don't think B teams would throw the league, but there are multiple associations and boards involved here.

The legal advice around the “Champion” issue has been requested from the SFA by at least one spfl Club on behalf of all L2 Clubs. It is still awaited.

The SPFL is a 42 member association. The members have never been consulted or been asked to vote on the pyramid or the recent changes. 
So in light of the above, I think any Spfl Club Board would have a duty to challenge a Champion who didn’t finish first which is why I believe the easiest way to bypass any issues is for the guest Clubs to ensure they don’t finish first as it doesn’t matter to them but unfortunately makes the competition corrupt.

55 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Think you'll find that will not happen both the spfl and sfa(which to me are the same) agreed these rules with the highland and lowland leagues and passed them once the boundary was moved.

22 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

Think you'll find that will not happen both the spfl and sfa(which to me are the same) agreed these rules with the highland and lowland leagues and passed them once the boundary was moved.

That is not what happened at all. Read the playoff regulations. The SFA and SPFL are completely different organisations. The "nominated club" is assumed to be the champion club, but if a guest club finishes top, even if the Lowland say they have been removed from the tables this changes the situation and this would be challenged. It has not been resolved, as much as you think it has.

Edited by Cyclizine

41 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

That is not what happened at all. Read the playoff regulations. The SFA and SPFL are completely different organisations. The "nominated club" is assumed to be the champion club, but if a guest club finishes top, even if the Lowland say they have been removed from the tables this changes the situation and this would be challenged. It has not been resolved, as much as you think it has.

The nominated club thats put forward,is the club the lowland league nominates as its champion.thats the rule!!!