Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

15 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

because the sfa set the league numbers.the highland league ran with 19 i think until elgin got into the spfl.highland league are at 18 which they have been for a few years now.

The SFA don't set league numbers and the HFL hasn't had 19 clubs. When Ross County and the merged Inverness clubs were elected to the SFL in 1994 they went from 18 to 16 (Wick Academy were admitted). They remained at 16 until 2000 when Elgin City and Peterhead were elected, dropping to 14 clubs, with Inverurie Locos being admitted the following year. They remained at 15 until 2009 when Formartine Utd, Strathspey Thistle and Turriff Utd were admitted, bringing them up to 18. They ran with 17 from when Cove were promoted in 2018 and then back to 18 when Brechin were relegated last year.

Edited by Cyclizine

1 hour ago, Lowland team said:

because the sfa set the league numbers.the highland league ran with 19 i think until elgin got into the spfl.highland league are at 18 which they have been for a few years now.

Great spelling! :thumsup2

1 hour ago, Cyclizine said:

The SFA don't set league numbers and the HFL hasn't had 19 clubs. When Ross County and the merged Inverness clubs were elected to the SFL in 1994 they went from 18 to 16 (Wick Academy were admitted). They remained at 16 until 2000 when Elgin City and Peterhead were elected, dropping to 14 clubs, with Inverurie Locos being admitted the following year. They remained at 15 until 2009 when Formartine Utd, Strathspey Thistle and Turriff Utd were admitted, bringing them up to 18. They ran with 17 from when Cove were promoted in 2018 and then back to 18 when Brechin were relegated last year.

Sorry i stand corrected i knew they did run with a odd number at one time.the sfa set the number of lowland league teams at 16.they did run with 17 at one point but then kelty got promoted 

4 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

Sorry i stand corrected i knew they did run with a odd number at one time.the sfa set the number of lowland league teams at 16.they did run with 17 at one point but then kelty got promoted 

The SFA don't set the LL or the HL numbers.

And if they did are you insinuating that LL can run with 16 members and infinite guest clubs and the SFA will provide officials and everything else for as many games as the LL can cram in per week?

11 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

the sfa set the number of lowland league teams at 16.

This is a myth. 16 was the target number of clubs to make a league with a reasonable number of games during the season. There's never been a hard limit, just that which is set pragmatically, by the ability to fit in the fixtures.

This is a myth. 16 was the target number of clubs to make a league with a reasonable number of games during the season. There's never been a hard limit, just that which is set pragmatically, by the ability to fit in the fixtures.

The history lesson you gave me was very informative. but since the pyramid has been set up the desired number is 16.thats why both eos and wos are going to 16 from next season.the highland league was at 18 when going into the pyramid setup.i belive i may be wrong on this when cove got promoted they approached bod who refused to join when brechin went to the shfl it brought the number back up to 18 given that most if not all clubs in the shfl were licensed or on the verge of being there sfa agreed to 18 members when the pyramid started.

46 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

The history lesson you gave me was very informative. but since the pyramid has been set up the desired number is 16.thats why both eos and wos are going to 16 from next season.the highland league was at 18 when going into the pyramid setup.i belive i may be wrong on this when cove got promoted they approached bod who refused to join when brechin went to the shfl it brought the number back up to 18 given that most if not all clubs in the shfl were licensed or on the verge of being there sfa agreed to 18 members when the pyramid started.

I'm not sure who is "desiring" 16. Granted, it's a sensible number in terms of creating a decent minimum number of fixtures, that's achievable in a August-April window, but there's no mandated number. When the Highland League came in at Tier 5, There was no "agreement" about it. The Highland League joined as the northern feeder to the SPFL and had 18 teams in membership at the time. The SFA have never decreed this must be reduced to 16 (please prove me wrong, if they have), in the same way they've never decreed the Lowland League must have a maximum of 16 teams. You're correct that Banks o' Dee were offered a place and declined after Cove were promoted, but I'm not sure how that's relevant here.

36 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

League of 16 competitive teams.the colts are guest clubs.

They're still playing matches though, mate, and results against them count in terms of points and goal difference.

51 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

League of 16 competitive teams.the colts are guest clubs.

They still have to complete an 18 team fixture list in time for the play offs, guest clubs or not, which they've shown is not a problem. So why not have a permanent league of 18 full members instead of the tribute acts?

Edited by welshbairn

22 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

I'm not sure who is "desiring" 16. Granted, it's a sensible number in terms of creating a decent minimum number of fixtures, that's achievable in a August-April window, but there's no mandated number. When the Highland League came in at Tier 5, There was no "agreement" about it. The Highland League joined as the northern feeder to the SPFL and had 18 teams in membership at the time. The SFA have never decreed this must be reduced to 16 (please prove me wrong, if they have), in the same way they've never decreed the Lowland League must have a maximum of 16 teams. You're correct that Banks o' Dee were offered a place and declined after Cove were promoted, but I'm not sure how that's relevant here.

Your correct they never.  as all the clubs were sfa member clubs.and i dont really think there was any place for them to go as they were all tier 5. and they asked the sfa they wish to stay at 18 but the lowland league was capped at 16.to be fair i think it was done quickly to put the pyramid in place again not looking for a argument on this but thats my opinion on it.

21 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They still have to complete an 18 team fixture list in time for the play offs, guest clubs or not, which they've shown is not a problem. So why not have a permanent league of 18 full members instead of the tribute acts?

The colts dont play association cups.my club voted against them twice 

28 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

Your correct they never.  as all the clubs were sfa member clubs.and i dont really think there was any place for them to go as they were all tier 5. and they asked the sfa they wish to stay at 18 but the lowland league was capped at 16.to be fair i think it was done quickly to put the pyramid in place again not looking for a argument on this but thats my opinion on it.

What actually happened was that the SFA wanted to set up two north and south regional leagues and invite applications. The Highland League negotiated to be the north feeder in its own right. The SFA have never capped numbers, it's a league decision, regardless of what your "opinion" is. There were only 12 teams in the inaugural Lowland League season.

22 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

But they still play league fixtures. As above, why not elect another two clubs over B teams?

Edited by Cyclizine

33 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

What club's that? Why the secrecy about which club voted for what anyway, you'd think they'd like the fans paying money at the gate to understand their thinking? It's almost like they're ashamed.

Edited by welshbairn

What actually happened was that the SFA wanted to set up two north and south regional leagues and invite applications. The Highland League negotiated to be the north feeder in its own right. The SFA have never capped numbers, it's a league decision, regardless of what your "opinion" is. There were only 12 teams in the inaugural Lowland League season.

But they still play league fixtures. As above, why not elect another two clubs over B teams?

Thats my thinking.Get the Glasgow (pointless only good for the old firm) Colts out and promote two real teams up in their place.gives a quick boost to the pyramid and stops the colt rubbish.

Lets face it if Rangers and Celtic colts are allowed then surely legally you couldn't stop any colt teams joining.