Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

There are a lot of comments on this and other threads from fans of SPFL clubs, and I would like to ask them a genuine question. What upsets you more, the damage to the pyramid or the fact that it is Celtic and Rangers who are involved? I’m not looking for a battle, just genuinely interested in people’s point of view.

15 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

There are a lot of comments on this and other threads from fans of SPFL clubs, and I would like to ask them a genuine question. What upsets you more, the damage to the pyramid or the fact that it is Celtic and Rangers who are involved? I’m not looking for a battle, just genuinely interested in people’s point of view.

Oh I can answer this one, its the damage to the pyramid, but its certainly exacerbated by the fact Scottish football is being ruined to suit their narrow minded shite. 

41 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

As others have said, it's the damage to the pyramid that's the issue. If Dumbarton wanted to pay £40k and enter a reserve team in a league that a club like, for example, Clydebank are fighting tooth and nail to try and win promotion to then I'd be pretty disgusted by the club tbh.

I'm currently preparing myself to watch Sons attempt to maintain their third tier status again. When/if we go down then we can't just buy our place back in League One. The same goes for this.

Why should Rangers/Celtic/Hearts/Hibs or Annan Athletic, Forfar or whoever be able to buy their way into a league, overtaking a host of clubs who are battling to win a spot in that league?

As with the previous posters was happy enough with the idea of a pyramid to allow non league clubs to work their way up to league status. This should not be manipulated by clubs already with a league place. Have always thought that no club should have more than one team in the league system. it would appear the present lowland league clubs (some of them) have sold out that principle for what they see as short term gain. SPFL clubs have shown in the past they will not be so easily bought  and hopefully that will continue. Eventually the Colts will lose interest & find some other league to play with. Still think SPFL club supporters should be doing everything they can to dissuade any attempt to gain league places & suspend play-off places availability from the lowland league while it is being bribed 

57 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

All of the above.

As a United fan I want to have the opportunity to visit different grounds and clubs.

As a football fan the pyramid is about the most interesting and exciting thing that's happened to Scottish football in years and its already tainted and the compromised for the benefits of two clubs.

I'm also annoyed on behalf of bigger better clubs being denied their place. The whole thing is a stitch up.

Imagine losing two Scottish Cup third round spots to allow B teams to buy in. Its that bad.

When I say that I don't support B-teams in the pyramid at all, I will shock precisely no-one. However, if they are accepted, it should be at the bottom. Allowing the to jump ahead in this way is massively disrespectful to the feeder leagues, especially after the relegation vote. And in that, I would feel the same if Hearts and Hibs B were coming in.

I would probably be even more pissed off if Dundee B and Dundee United B join the Highland League. That's because I think higher of the Highland League than the LL and obviously out of self interest being a fan of a club working hard trying to get into the HL.

8 minutes ago, Marooneye said:

University of Stirling are again keen to embrace the bigot brothers whilst also voting against increasing relegation places.

Last night tier 6 Linlithgow thumped them 5-1 in cup semi.

Shambles.   Linlithgow have also played tier 5 Spartans and East Stirling away from home this season which resulted in two further wins for Linlithgow.

As above.  Admission to tier five of B clubs is a digusting kick in the teeth for all the clubs at tier 6 and below that have worked hard to improve facilities and get licensed in order to progress.

It's pretty much a closed shop where protectionism and downright corruption is rife.

The Lowland league stinks.

Edited by Marooneye

14 minutes ago, Marten said:

When I say that I don't support B-teams in the pyramid at all, I will shock precisely no-one. However, if they are accepted, it should be at the bottom. Allowing the to jump ahead in this way is massively disrespectful to the feeder leagues, especially after the relegation vote. And in that, I would feel the same if Hearts and Hibs B were coming in.

I would probably be even more pissed off if Dundee B and Dundee United B join the Highland League. That's because I think higher of the Highland League than the LL and obviously out of self interest being a fan of a club working hard trying to get into the HL.

The Highland League told Caley Thistle to do one, then changed the rules restricting loan numbers when Caley tried to sneak in the back door by lending Fort William 9 (eventually at least 11) players. Fort William were still shite.

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

The damage to the pyramid - it's not a pyramid if you can buy your way in

7 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

All the #staunch LL owners absolutely choking for a chance to drink out the loving cup at Ibrox before the diddy club vs rangers b game. You only have to see the tweets from the likes of edubraves minded folks on twitter who’s ‘big team’ is Rangers to understand why they are such big proponents of this. Its absolutely embarrassing. 

Aye and the laughable reality is they'll instead be trudging out to somewhere like Dumbarton to watch their fraud squad get horsed in front of about 200. Prolly end up doing a Chick Young Only an Excuse and whipping a scarf out of their jacket on the sly tbh.

Edited by Benidorm

On 19/04/2022 at 13:41, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

It would be terrible if people started boycotting lowland league clubs sponsors…. 

I suggested just that, a while back... except I intimated that organising a 'ring-a-thon' (where a group of people organise a telephone bombing campaign), so the sponsor receives a different complainant's phonecall every five minutes or so, might be considered.

20 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The Highland League told Caley Thistle to do one, then changed the rules restricting loan numbers when Caley tried to sneak in the back door by lending Fort William 9 (eventually at least 11) players. Fort William were still shite.

Yes, I know that indeed. That's one of the reasons why I think more highly of the HL than the LL. I can't see them changing now, so in the (thankfully highly unlikely) case they would, I'd be more disappointed than when the LL voted for B-teams, just because I wouldn't expect that from them.

Edited by Marten

22 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

As others have said, it's the damage to the pyramid that's the issue. If Dumbarton wanted to pay £40k and enter a reserve team in a league that a club like, for example, Clydebank are fighting tooth and nail to try and win promotion to then I'd be pretty disgusted by the club tbh.

I'm currently preparing myself to watch Sons attempt to maintain their third tier status again. When/if we go down then we can't just buy our place back in League One. The same goes for this.

Why should Rangers/Celtic/Hearts/Hibs or Annan Athletic, Forfar or whoever be able to buy their way into a league, overtaking a host of clubs who are battling to win a spot in that league?

You're not old enough to remember but Dumbarton did try to buy their way in to the old first division back in 1970. But the football authorities ruled it out as unfair