Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

Is a first team squad an official designation?

Just wondering how you work out who the 22 are over and above your first team squad. Pretty sure United's first team squad is just anyone too old for 18s and includes players who have never played for the club.

I don't get the SFA bit at all unless the SFA are officially behind this .

10 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

The Lowland League are getting an absolute kicking on their social media posts. I doubt it will change anything but it’s good to see so many people slamming the league. You can only hope someone involved with the league finally comes to their senses and starts to mend this broken, shambles of a division.

Sadly it doesn't really matter as the boys clubs and hobby teams want to squeeze as much cash as they can out of this before they disappear down the tubes.

6 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

It would be terrible if people started boycotting lowland league clubs sponsors…. 

Who are the sponsors, i certainly would have nothing to do with them and if we are unfortunate enough to draw one of the clubs or B teams in a cup would not be attending.

6 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Who are the sponsors, i certainly would have nothing to do with them and if we are unfortunate enough to draw one of the clubs or B teams in a cup would not be attending.

In the last carve up they didn't enter the cups. It was bad enough getting them to play scheduled League games.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

In the last carve up they didn't enter the cups. It was bad enough getting them to play scheduled League games.

Last season we were drawn against Dundee B who ironically we had 4 players on loan from which they used to play against us in a game moved to suit Dundee to a different date and venue. Although there was free entry i did not attend. After winning the game of course we still could not use the loanees as the were cup tied playing against us. The Lowland League is being turned into a farce & i would back withdrawing their play-off place in future years until run properly.

Just now, peternapper said:

Last season we were drawn against Dundee B who ironically we had 4 players on loan from which they used to play against us in a game moved to suit Dundee to a different date and venue. Although there was free entry i did not attend. After winning the game of course we still could not use the loanees as the were cup tied playing against us. The Lowland League is being turned into a farce & i would back withdrawing their play-off place in future years until run properly.

I forgot about that cup. Probably for the best!

That criteria is deliberately written to favour the OF, they might as well add a requirement to be based in Glasgow.

Notably no requirements to play all games and their home venue… nobody else moves games just cos but it was acceptable for the guest clubs… funny that. 

12 hours ago, Marten said:

I kinda want Ross County B & Inverness Caledonian Thistle B to apply now, they're eligible as SPFL clubs, no geography is mentioned...

Surely the Highland League will accept them. If not the North caledonian league

50 minutes ago, edinabear said:

Surely the Highland League will accept them. If not the North caledonian league

The Highland League told ICT to gtf a couple of years ago when they were making noises about wanting to join. ICT then sent out a pile of youth team players on loan to Fort William instead.

Nairn reserves are already in the NCL, so I imagine ICT or Ross County could also get into that league if they wanted.

16 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

The Highland League told ICT to gtf a couple of years ago when they were making noises about wanting to join. ICT then sent out a pile of youth team players on loan to Fort William instead.

Nairn reserves are already in the NCL, so I imagine ICT or Ross County could also get into that league if they wanted.

I bet the NCL don’t ask for a £40k to join their League!!!

P.S. I have not changed my mind just noting an observation 

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

How long until Nairn are at the business end of The Champions League?

12 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

image.png.7bebec4735b41bce5ece218e8dc3c1d2.png

Balls to the £40k. This is the real reason they want the Old Firm in aint it?

All the #staunch LL owners absolutely choking for a chance to drink out the loving cup at Ibrox before the diddy club vs rangers b game. You only have to see the tweets from the likes of edubraves minded folks on twitter who’s ‘big team’ is Rangers to understand why they are such big proponents of this. Its absolutely embarrassing.