Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

f**k the coefficient, it is right at the bottom of my thoughts week to week and does very little to strengthen the overall position of Scottish football, it helps the top 2 who a good co-efficient gives them a greater chance of success and financial gain(which it detrimental to the rest) Others in the top 6ish may get benefit if we get more European places but it becomes more a prestige thing at that stage and the financial gains less significant.  Then you have very minimal solidarity payments that slightly help the remaining premiership teams. Overall those solidarity payments do not touch the sides in making up for the financial imbalance created by the prize money given to the top 2.

For the rest of us there is zero benefit from a better coefficient. 

We don’t support the national coefficient we support clubs.

55 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Using this argument against B teams is clutching at straws imo. Whatever your feelings about the 2 Glasgow teams, surely that fact that we have a Scottish team in a major European comp semi trumps any argument about the rights and wrongs of B teams, after all the co-efficient of the country is being boosted.

The coefficient and B teams are completely unrelated.

1 hour ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Using this argument against B teams is clutching at straws imo. Whatever your feelings about the 2 Glasgow teams, surely that fact that we have a Scottish team in a major European comp semi trumps any argument about the rights and wrongs of B teams, after all the co-efficient of the country is being boosted.

Rangers in European semi final because B team has one season in the Lowland League? 

33 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

No its not. 

17 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

About as unrelated as the original post I was replying to.

You clearly didnt get the post at all. 

3 hours ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

B teams in the LL and Rangers in a Euro semi-final are entirely unrelated events.

33 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

B teams in the LL and Rangers in a Euro semi-final are entirely unrelated events.

I know, I was making the point that the reason they are asking for an extension is because of the run in Europe, Which was in reply to the other post talking about them asking for a cancellation.

5 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

I know, I was making the point that the reason they are asking for an extension is because of the run in Europe, Which was in reply to the other post talking about them asking for a cancellation.

The point being made is this, according to Rangers (and Celtic) B teams in the LL will help the national team.

However Rangers actions in requesting the season to be extended potentially hampers the national teams chances in the play-offs.

Conclusion:  Rangers only care about themselves (which is fair enough) therefore using this "national team player development" angle as a reason to admit B teams is pish.

That said, Ryan Jack is the only Rangers player who would potentially feature for Scotland in June, the U21's don't have any Rangers players, so their B team is going to have to do a lot of heavy lifting in the next few years with player development for Scotland.

22 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

The point being made is this, according to Rangers (and Celtic) B teams in the LL will help the national team.

However Rangers actions in requesting the season to be extended potentially hampers the national teams chances in the play-offs.

Conclusion:  Rangers only care about themselves (which is fair enough) therefore using this "national team player development" angle as a reason to admit B teams is pish.

That said, Ryan Jack is the only Rangers player who would potentially feature for Scotland in June, the U21's don't have any Rangers players, so their B team is going to have to do a lot of heavy lifting in the next few years with player development for Scotland.

I get it! The point I am making is that there seems to be a moan re consequences for the national team, and I am saying that surely having a successful team in European club football is good for the nation as a whole. This isn’t going to happen every year, in fact it’s not happened for 14 years, so to use the “national team player development” angle on this occasion isn’t really accurate imo. I appreciate that the national team may suffer slightly but as you say we are only talking about 1 player.

Just now, Pyramid Watcher said:

I get it! The point I am making is that there seems to be a moan re consequences for the national team, and I am saying that surely having a successful team in European club football is good for the nation as a whole. This isn’t going to happen every year, in fact it’s not happened for 14 years, so to use the “national team player development” angle on this occasion isn’t really accurate imo. I appreciate that the national team may suffer slightly but as you say we are only talking about 1 player.

If it's a choice I would think most people would rather not see anything happen which would harm Scotland's chances of qualifying for a World Cup Finals, although as you said it really is only one player affected.

2 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

If it's a choice I would think most people would rather not see anything happen which would harm Scotland's chances of qualifying for a World Cup Finals, although as you said it really is only one player affected.

I agree, would take Scotland qualifying over everything else.

4 hours ago, parsforlife said:

f**k the coefficient, it is right at the bottom of my thoughts week to week and does very little to strengthen the overall position of Scottish football, it helps the top 2 who a good co-efficient gives them a greater chance of success and financial gain(which it detrimental to the rest) Others in the top 6ish may get benefit if we get more European places but it becomes more a prestige thing at that stage and the financial gains less significant.  Then you have very minimal solidarity payments that slightly help the remaining premiership teams. Overall those solidarity payments do not touch the sides in making up for the financial imbalance created by the prize money given to the top 2.

For the rest of us there is zero benefit from a better coefficient. 

We don’t support the national coefficient we support clubs.

Are you serious? 

Anything that helps the Scottish game matters.

Edited by Dev

14 hours ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

I hope all the Scottish teams lose in Europe. I don't  like any of them. I'm  not that fussed about the national team. But I hope even harder that Rangers lose more than the rest.