Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

4 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

The SPFL clubs can surely have a vote and say LL clubs won’t be eligible for entry?

They can't do that unilaterally. The playoff rule changes that were needed to accomodate the Old Firm colts in the LL appear to have already been agreed by all parties (i.e. SPFL, SFA, LL and HL).

5 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

The SPFL clubs can surely have a vote and say LL clubs won’t be eligible for entry?

Any changes to the Pyramid Play-off require approval by both the SPFL and the LL (and the HL and the SFA), so they could not unilaterally prevent LL clubs from being promoted. For obvious reasons, this is a good thing, because otherwise the SPFL could simply at any point (as they tried to last year at Brechin's behest) say "nah, no promotion this year lads."

1 minute ago, Ginaro said:

In this case they were correct though, as the largest paragraph in that statement has been covered by the changes to the rules allowing the best non-B team to go to the play-off.

Their tweet claims that "George" had already assured everyone that there would be consultation with Tier 6 clubs if this was to be extended. There has been no such consultation.

31 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Their tweet claims that "George" had already assured everyone that there would be consultation with Tier 6 clubs if this was to be extended. There has been no such consultation.

Fixing this for you.

Their tweet from almost a year ago claims that George - who is no longer chairperson or on the current LL board and has no say in the course of action in which the current board takes - said there would be consultation with Tier 6 clubs. There has been no such consultation.

Edited by RampantFM

Would any league want "coverage" from such a discredited group?

I wonder if their volte face has anything to do with having looked at their analytics for the season to date - wonder how pushing such a positive Old Firm agenda has worked out for them when they are covering clubs who have a high percentage of their fanbase made up of people who want nothing to do with the dubious duo.

Considering the rumours that Broomhill (that well known suburb of Alloa) are about to bought out by a Podcast which would no doubt leave this outfit looking to "attach" themselves onto another club I wonder if this is a last ditch effort to put some space between their current incarnation and whatever rebrand they will come up with next.

Just remember if they do come calling to the EOS and WOS that they have shown their contempt for those leagues and the clubs within.

Edited by drs

Fixing this for you.
Their tweet from almost a year ago claims that George - who is no longer chairperson or on the current LL board and has no say in the course of action in which the current board takes - said there would be consultation with Tier 6 clubs. There has been no such consultation.
Would he have consulted tier 6 teams? I have my doubts as didn't before he left the board.

Broomhill still voted for the Colts this time around and was nothing stopping him consulting with tier 6 clubs and putting a proposal forward to the board for 18 teams with no Colt teams. George could have consulted with tier 6 clubs before his team voted for Colt teams again but choose the £ from Old Firm again as did 10 other teams.

Lowland League needs binned and booted out the pyramid but won't happen. What a shambles.

2 minutes ago, drs said:

Would any league want "coverage" from such a discredited group?

I wonder if their volte face has anything to do with having looked at their analytics for the season to date - wonder how pushing such a positive Old Firm agenda has worked out for them when they are covering clubs who have a lot of fans because they want nothing to do with the dubious duo.

Considering the rumours that Broomhill (that well known suburb of Alloa) are about to bought out by a Podcast which would no doubt leave this outfit looking to "attach" themselves onto another club I wonder if this is a last ditch effort to put some space between their current incarnation and whatever rebrand they will come up with next.

Just remember if they do come calling to the EOS and WOS that they have shown their contempt for those leagues and the clubs within.

The wos already has a decent podcast effort from pg and dak and have the upper hand that both those guys have played the game/know what theyre talking about and wouldnt buy whatever magic beans george fraser tried to sell. Seeing that guy getting booted out into the ether after being such a raging bunnet on here fronting up for his wee pal George would be pleasing. 

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Hahahahaha 

That diddy was responsible for one of the most condescending posts ive ever read on here, patting the wosl etc on the head and telling them that if they invest in their grounds then they too will get to reach the heady heights of being able to play Rangers reserves. Said without a hint of irony that his own club have never seemingly spent a penny on any ground anywhere. ‘The P&B crowd’ told them exactly how it would go and we were told ‘no no its ok Uncle George told us it wont happen’. Then to tweet a wee hurty feelings ‘statement’ (btw a podcast releasing a ‘statement’ is #staunch), looking to blame everyone else that they were led up the garden path. These boys would have fallen for regular wallet inspections in high school. 

Anyway, yes the time has come for the eosl/wosl and south to come together and replace the lowland league, f**k them. 

Who was said diddy?

On 06/05/2021 at 13:40, Jerry Macguire said:

Sorry just my daft sense of humour no fall outs or arguments. Me and Spyro are all good. I resisted posting on this because I hadn’t actually seen the proposal, only the lowland league statement so I felt I couldn’t really give an opinion. I’ve now seen the proposal so here’s what I think.

Before I get to the proposal itself let’s consider some of the concerns or arguments against. Plenty of people are throwing about the word integrity. Sporting integrity, integrity of the pyramid. If you believe in such things none of these are actually impacted by this proposal whatsoever. No one has been blocked from earning promotion, relegation will still happen, it’s a one season only invitation and the member clubs will all get to vote on it without any recommendation from the board. 

So what are people really upset about?
Ah but clubs have spent money to gain SFA membership. So what, they’ve spent money improving their own facilities for their own benefit that doesn’t earn you a free pass. That opportunity came and went a long time ago. You earn your place by winning on the park.

Why should Rangers and Celtic be parachuted in at tier 5 they should be made to start at the bottom. 2 problems with that, the standard of opponent and stadia is not (for the most part) going to help the development of these young players. The other point people seem to be missing is they will not be part of the pyramid. This is a one season only proposal, an invitation if you like. The Colts teams have no long term ambitions to play in the Lowland League.

As for the proposal itself the single most important thing in it and something that has the potential to benefit the entire non SPFL pyramid isn’t the £50k the league will get or the potential bump in gates, it’s the exposure this will bring. Sponsorship opportunities, media interest etc. We may even get to a point where we can earn prize money from participating in the competitions such as the South Challenge Cup or the league itself.

I like many feel a little bit reluctant about Rangers and Celtic fans coming to our games in large numbers due to the potential baggage they bring. However having lived in Glasgow all my life and as someone with family and friends who support both clubs, by and large they’re just the same as the rest of us. Ultimately the decision on this rightly so will be made by the clubs themselves for me that’s the way it should be. Do I want it? If it helps improve the game at our level and beyond what have we got to lose? 

On 06/05/2021 at 14:02, Jerry Macguire said:

The proposal clearly states its for 1 season only. I'd imagine it's a stop gap until a more permanent solution can be found. Sorry I'm not great with conspiracy theories I can only speak about what is in front of me and it clearly states its for one season only.

On 06/05/2021 at 14:10, Jerry Macguire said:

That's a real shame that your hatred for 2 clubs is more important to you than your love of 1. Everyone talks about clubs trying to improve their financial position as if its a bad thing. For most clubs though it's sponsorship and investors, not gate receipts that keep them going. It's not something unique to my club.

20 minutes ago, RiG said:

Who was said diddy?

Uft, just uft. Im actually cringing for him sitting there typing that pish out, imagine how absolutely much of a riddy that exchange is. Even before we were all proven right this is right up here with the ‘Tony’ fiasco in terms of absolute fantasy and lunacy. 

1 hour ago, RampantFM said:

Fixing this for you.

So you were indeed wrong to dismiss the complaints of the Tier 6 leagues purely based on the word of "George"?

Edited by craigkillie

Interesting to look at the attendance stats from a few pages back - they probably go some way to explaining why clubs voted to retain access to the OF coin for the additional two games.

For example, crowds at VOL's two B team games made up 36% of their total attendance so far (220+489 / 1961). VOL also put their prices up IIRC so having the B teams gave them almost half their gate income for the season. Other clubs in a similar position include Cumbernauld Colts 42%, GFR 28%, Stirling Uni 28%, CSS 26%.

Whereas the better supported clubs are at a lower level: Berwick 17%, Spartans 20%, BU 18%, Bonnyrigg 15% (assuming 500 for Celtic as that was limited). 2/17 games would be 12%. Hope I've got my maths correct for all this...

Of course it would be better if clubs were honest and just said we want two more games with OF fans.

image.png

Edited by Ginaro

12 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Interesting to look at the attendance stats from a few pages back - they probably go some way to explaining why clubs voted to retain access to the OF coin for the additional two games.

For example, crowds at VOL's two B team games made up 36% of their total attendance so far (220+489 / 1961). VOL also put their prices up IIRC so having the B teams gave them almost half their gate income for the season. Other clubs in a similar position include Cumbernauld Colts 42%, GFR 28%, Stirling Uni 28%, CSS 26%.

Whereas the better supported clubs are at a lower level: Berwick 17%, Spartans 20%, BU 18%, Bonnyrigg 15% (assuming 500 for Celtic as that was limited). 2/17 games would be 12%. Hope I've got my maths correct for all this...

Of course it would be better if clubs were honest and just said we want two more games with OF fans.

Daft thing is that VoL seem deluded enough to think they'll survive this season. They're not exactly making friends in the EoSFL.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Uft, just uft. Im actually cringing for him sitting there typing that pish out, imagine how absolutely much of a riddy that exchange is. Even before we were all proven right this is right up here with the ‘Tony’ fiasco in terms of absolute fantasy and lunacy. 

He's been gone a year now oor Jerry.  Maybe he is no longer a "fan" of BSC/Broomhill?

4 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

He's been gone a year now oor Jerry.  Maybe he is no longer a "fan" of BSC/Broomhill?

The way I remember it he became a BSC fan because of his kid had some involvement. Hopefully he just decided to dip out when the split took place and not something more serious happening to him personally.

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The way I remember it he became a BSC fan because of his kid had some involvement. Hopefully he just decided to dip out when the split took place and not something more serious happening to him personally.

Absolutely, he was a good contributor but I rather suspect he was more than just a fan.

Well I have waited a while to form my response because I am spitting fire at the decision from the meeting last night.  Once again The Rose stuck by their principles and remained consistent with their vote, shame on the 3 who changed their mind and credit East Stirlingshire for changing theirs after saying last year it was for 1 season only. It doesn’t matter for the vote but I wonder who abstained. Yes all these diddy clubs allowing their League to be controlled by the ugly sisters. I really hope now that the Rose win the play offs and gain promotion and out of this now joke League. 

Looking 12 months ahead based on this seasons League placings if they are the same another circus will ensue.

Be ashamed the LL.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Let's be honest with ourselves. Scottish football in general is a fucking joke. If we all didn't love it so much, we'd hate it. It's been run horrendously at all levels for as long as anyone can remember. The pyramid promised to invigorate at least part of the league structure but it's being ruined because, seeing as it's still Scottish football, it's being run by the same class of incompetent arse holes that ruin every other part of Scottish football.

Edited by Gordon EF