Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

Spineless and self interest prevails, again.

http://slfl.co.uk/votes-cast-on-guest-club-participation/

The member clubs of the Scottish Lowland Football League tonight voted on the potential inclusion of guest clubs for season 2022/23. 

A comfortable majority of 11-4 indicated a preference for their involvement, having taken two weeks to weigh up a presentation on the topic.

While conscious it is, understandably, a divisive and emotive subject, the overriding feeling is their presence has been of benefit in a commercial sense while there are promising early indications of young, emerging Scottish talents benefiting from early exposure to senior football in a competitive environment.

It is important to note that guest clubs will not be eligible for promotion. Nor will they hamper the ability of clubs to be promoted to or relegated from the Lowland League.

This has been a democratic process, with conversation and debate encouraged before any outcome was established.

The board of the SLFL, and member clubs, remain committed to making a positive impact within our communities and Scottish football as a whole, and will maintain an open mind to any initiatives that support those aims.

Edited by Footballfirst

4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

there are promising early indications of young, emerging Scottish talents benefiting from early exposure to senior football in a competitive environment.

They will be linking our World Cup playoff spot to B teams being in the Lowland League soon. What nonsense.

Voting against increased relegation (maintaining the possibility of 0 teams being relegated) and voting the Bigot Brothers colts back in. The Lowland League is no better than the SPFL. 

What a shower of c***s involved in that league. As a Pollok fan, it's a kick in the c**t when they've just pulled the ladder up for the feeder leagues a fortnight ago.

As a Celtic fan, I see no discernable benefit to our youth players being in that league. An absolute joke on both counts.

The same clubs who voted against increased relegation have now voted "them" back in. Total disgrace to the league and shows the league has lost all that it stood for. 

Don't know what The Shire voted, however they spoke to the fans prior to vote, and I know a large majority of fans were against it, so I can only assume we voted against. 

Edited by Shirey Pirey

Really, really hope the Highland League champs relegate Cowdenbeath so 2 of these morons are relegated.

(although Cowdenbeath are so staunch we all know they'd vote for this anyway but getting rid of 2 of this manky mob so they don't get to shake hands with nomarks in blazers would be delicious)

Do we know which four clubs voted correctly? I’m assuming Bonnyrigg abstained as they’re hoping not to be in the division next year?
Just so I know which clubs I should be continuing to actively want to go bust. 
Bonnyrigg, Bo'ness, Dalbeattie, Edinburgh Uni & Civil Service voted against last time. I don't believe Kelty got a vote as by the time of the AGM they were already promoted.

image.jpeg.c63b509e2c00e372533e7ed1d8d4ae42.jpeg

Clubs vote on B teams…

Absolute rats every single one of you. You don’t deserve a place in senior football if you’re only there to suck up to your big team. 

Not surprising unfortunately, we knew the OF would lie about what their intentions were but unfortunately we also knew there were many who would accept these lies and swallow the lasted bullshit. 

Interestingly the vote seems to be just about guest sides, Open application process then aye?   

6 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

image.jpeg.c63b509e2c00e372533e7ed1d8d4ae42.jpeg

Clubs vote on B teams…

Absolute rats every single one of you. You don’t deserve a place in senior football if you’re only there to suck up to your big team. 

Not surprising unfortunately, we knew the OF would lie about what their intentions were but unfortunately we also knew there were many who would accept these lies and swallow the lasted bullshit. 

Interestingly the vote seems to be just about guest sides, Open application process then aye?   

I wonder if Hearts and Hibs are trying to get in as well