Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

2 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

It is indeed not . So hopefully all those in favour last time have grown a pair and reject the OF Colts applications and encourage a proper pyramid system with clubs from level 6 able to gain promotion.

The baddies from the last vote Broomhill, Cumbernauld Colts, Caley Braves, EK, Spartans, Stirling Uni, Gala, Vale of Leithan, Gretna, East Stirling, Berwick . I hope you are making the correct decision this time.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

There's a decent chance this won't even go to a proper vote. It's only a presentation and it isn't happening in a vacuum like last time.

Coming out of this meeting the reps will be passing on the information about the B Team proposal, T5/T6 promotion and relegation, and the National non-league Cup idea. Those are ideas are going to overlap into how you form a season.

The B team proposal will no doubt get leaked and picked apart once again when clubs look for feedback. If the OF are throwing more money at it this time around it will prove it's just a bribe to get into the pyramid.

10 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

There's a decent chance this won't even go to a proper vote. It's only a presentation and it isn't happening in a vacuum like last time.

Coming out of this meeting the reps will be passing on the information about the B Team proposal, T5/T6 promotion and relegation, and the National non-league Cup idea. Those are ideas are going to overlap into how you form a season.

The B team proposal will no doubt get leaked and picked apart once again when clubs look for feedback. If the OF are throwing more money at it this time around it will prove it's just a bribe to get into the pyramid.

This is what I was trying to put over.

I don't care if B teams are included into the Pyramid or not but it is something which needs to be considered by the SFA with recommendations made - even if some doubt that they would carry any weight. At least there would be some guidance.

Can't help but think that inclusion of B teams would quickly lead to re-structuring of SPFL2 and or the Tier 5 leagues with maybe two Tier 4 divisions and three at Tier 5 (Lowland West and East). 

In any case SPFL2 in two halves and LL into two could work without B teams although it would seriously weaken the existing Tier 6 leagues - which may not be such a good idea.

I don't care if B teams are included into the Pyramid or not but it is something which needs to be considered by the SFA with recommendations made - even if some doubt that they would carry any weight. At least there would be some guidance.
Can't help but think that inclusion of B teams would quickly lead to re-structuring of SPFL2 and or the Tier 5 leagues with maybe two Tier 4 divisions and three at Tier 5 (Lowland West and East). 
In any case SPFL2 in two halves and LL into two could work without B teams although it would seriously weaken the existing Tier 6 leagues - which may not be such a good idea.

Turkeys don't vote for Christmas. No way will tiers 3 and 4 allow change.

I can't understand the logic of continuing the experiment, which hasn't been the success predicted by those supporting the plan.

For LL clubs to gain wider access to the 4th tier, talks of an amicable nature between the LL and SPFL would be a starting point, but there is little chance of this when there is a threat of B sides eventually getting in through that route. They are causing a blockage at the top end of the LL table, and at the bottom as has previously been stated many times. 

The cheerleaders for B sides in the LL, Berwick Rangers, Broomhill, Cumbernauld Colts, Caledonian Braves, East Kilbride, Spartans, Stirling University, Gala FR, Vale of Leithen, Gretna and East Stirlingshire, are simply alienating themselves and their league from the vast majority of other senior Scottish sides.

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I can't understand the logic of continuing the experiment, which hasn't been the success predicted by those supporting the plan.

The Challenge Cup youth teams were a huge flop in every way imaginable. The SPFL and the press hailed it as a great success. It'll be the same with this, because it's been successful in the only way that matters - getting Celtgers' reserve teams into the pyramid. Nobody behind this cares about Lowland League attendances or improving Scotland's pool of young players.

On 12/03/2022 at 11:50, Ignoramus said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/celtic-rangers-b-teams-enthusiastically-26450067 

No surprise to see the EK boss following his namesake predecessor and immediately pitching for the OF in the press.

Now then the Glasgow Record you have given one representative of the bad boys have their say on the OF Colts in the LL. May I suggest that the Glasgow Record talks to a representative of one of the 5 good boys teams and they will give your publication their story of why the OF Colts should be nowhere near the LL. 

P.S Can’t see that happening 

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

22 hours ago, Dev said:

It was difficult enough trying to convince the SPFL to make changes that opened the league up to LL clubs. I don't imagine that situation has got any easier now the LL diddies have debased themselves down to a glorified training league, cheered on by dribbling simpletons like Chris Aitken.

9 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

It was difficult enough trying to convince the SPFL to make changes that opened the league up to LL clubs. I don't imagine that situation has got any easier now the LL diddies have debased themselves down to a glorified training league, cheered on by dribbling simpletons like Chris Aitken.

There are ways and means of making a point, but your rather “descriptive” narrative is not one of them.

31 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Calling someone “a dribbling simpleton” is not for me, regardless of what you think of them. 

Fair enough if you know the guy, but the way he has been presented in that article marks him down as Gordon described. Perhaps Aitken's been misquoted, and actually made a salient point in favour of OF B side inclusion in the Lowland League, but the Record's Andy MacGiilvray decided to paint him as a OF cheerleader.

It appears to me that the sides who voted for the B teams are those who know they are not good enough to win the title and possible promotion, but more fear going to tier six, never to return. Therefore it's maybe in their self interest for the Lowland League to stagnate, with little chance of the actual sides competing ever changing too much. B sides aren't a threat to these clubs, they're a comfort blanket, aiding isolation from competitive intruders. 

3 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Fair enough if you know the guy, but the way he has been presented in that article marks him down as Gordon described. Perhaps Aitken's been misquoted, and actually made a salient point in favour of OF B side inclusion in the Lowland League, but the Record's Andy MacGiilvray decided to paint him as a OF cheerleader.

It appears to me that the sides who voted for the B teams are those who know they are not good enough to win the title and possible promotion, but more fear going to tier six, never to return. Therefore it's maybe in their self interest for the Lowland League to stagnate, with little chance of the actual sides competing ever changing too much. B sides aren't a threat to these clubs, they're a comfort blanket, aiding isolation from competitive intruders. 

I don’t know him at all, I just feel that we can have a sensible discussion without demeaning people.

it’s definitely a divisive issue, and my overriding feeling is that it can’t happen again, I can accept last year as it really didn’t affect anyone, but it’s different now.

45 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

McGilvray is a dribbling simpleton as well.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

2 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Perhaps you're right but there's nothing stopping the SFA from giving some guidance, after all that's what they are there for.